Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How Loong Will We Wait English Version??????????
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Brolli999999
City Guard
City Guard

and im just starting to go back to the doctor , if gothic 2 doesnt come out febuary and not till the summer ill be really depressed , gothic 2 is a game we all want its very hard waiting but its worth waiting its hard , but we can do it ,
Post Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:19 am
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeah, it IS worth waiting for...though i still think it's VERY bullshitty that we are still waiting, first the release date was for november, then all the sudden it got delayed....i'll say....it's about damn time that the game releases in Europe now....what is the reason anyway for this delay?
Germany is already playing this game for a while now..and we still don't.

-Guru,Gang Starr |Skills|
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:05 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Brolli999999
and im just starting to go back to the doctor , if gothic 2 doesnt come out febuary and not till the summer ill be really depressed , gothic 2 is a game we all want its very hard waiting but its worth waiting its hard , but we can do it ,

yeah, it's worth waiting for...but i found out they were making a Gothic 2 game one year ago and iv'e been waiting for it ever since. And ever since then all i could do was look at different Gothic 2 sites and long to be playing it i probably knoweverything about the game by now and it hasn't even come out know. And for you people who have downloaded the demo of Gothic 2, your all lucky. I tried to download it even though i don't know German, but the time was estimated to take 105 hours!!! i don't have that time anyway
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:28 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

The original reason was the translation.. it took'em 2 months to translate the dialouges, and text, into English. The game is done now, however, and we're just waiting for JoWood to announce it's release(they will probably announce it when it goes gold).

The reason it is not released, even though it's done, is actually impossible to tell, but it has probably got something to do with money to finance the production/advertisement and so on..
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:52 pm
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Maylander, in your opinion, after they 'announce' the release date how long after that could it be? Meaning: if they announce the release date on Feb. 1st. would that be the release date? Or would it be weeks later?

Did that make sense? LOL.

I'm just asking in general and in your 'experience,' since I haven't waited for a game since this one, and I have no other experiences to even guess-timate.

Still not making sense to me, but I hope you can translate my mumbo-jumbo.

TIA ~T

BTW, Amazon still says the "release date" is Feb. 1st.
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:14 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

It depends. Usually a 'gone gold' announcement comes first, and after that it's about two to four weeks to actual release.
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:47 pm
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Just to clarify (and speaking as a veteran of the waiting-for-the-game game), what "gone gold" means is that they've pressed the "gold master" CD from which all the other CDs are copied. So essentially it means that the manufacturing process has started. The CD has to be replicated and boxed with the manuals and whatever else. Then the boxes have to be shipped to warehouses and stores. That's the part that usually takes about 2-4 weeks.

Presumably the relevance of JoWood's finances relative to this process is that it costs money to print the manuals and get the game into the boxes, and this has to happen before the money starts coming in.

When it does finally happen, people will naturally start asking "exactly how soon will I have a copy in my hands" -- but usually by that stage the estimate you get from the store or website is quite accurate, generally only off by a day or two if that.

Mind you, if you have to wait a day between when the store said they'd have it on the shelves or FedEx said they'd deliver it, and when you can actually hold your copy, that can be a very long day... so start stocking up on Xanax just in case!
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:04 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm just wondering about something, are the english voices done already? cause i guess that's the main reason for the delay, they didn't have english voice actors for it yet or something....i hope it's release will be soon...cause i wanna explore the new world..and its about time.

Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:55 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The English voices are done.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:08 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
The English voices are done.

So, the English texts are done and the voices are done. So, what exactly is not done?
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:46 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Then at least..they could release an english demo, like they did with Gothic 1...this sucks....it would be ridiculous if it's gonna take like till Summer, that's bullshit too....it can be any day now....

Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:50 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by bigkabuto
Then at least..they could release an english demo, like they did with Gothic 1...this sucks....it would be ridiculous if it's gonna take like till Summer, that's bullshit too....it can be any day now....

unless some major problem takes place, there won't be any delay 'till summer.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:33 pm
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

From what we've been told, everything is done except the "manufacturing" -- duplication, printing, boxing and shipping.
Post Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:33 am
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Thanks for the info you guys. I'm being patient, veeeeeeeerrrrry patient. No Xanax needed here! LOL! Not yet, anyway.

~T
Post Sat Feb 01, 2003 1:49 am
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

I'm not very happy of waiting, but I can't speak a word German, so I guess I just have to wait.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Sat Feb 01, 2003 9:19 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next