View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Knights of the Old Republic

Author Thread
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

The Ending

Wow again.

I hope I can turn Bastila back to the Light Side. I'll be so disappointed if she doesn't. I'm on the Star Forge itself. I doubt there was anyway I could have talked her into returning to the light in that first reunion on the deserted planet.

Another other loose end: I saw discussions on the Bioware board about a romance with Carth. That is not happening in my game. We tied up his story with his son going back to their home planet to await a meeting. Since then he only talks about the planet we are on. Has anyone playing a woman actually had a romance with Carth? If my character were male, would he be having a romance with Bastila?

I really hate to have this game end. The only good thing about it is not having to face any more turret mini games:) Thank you again, Ican, for getting me this far.
Post Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:04 am
Ican
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

My character wined, dined and reclined with Bastila ...literally!

Thankfully, Carth made no advances on me
Post Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:59 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Spoiler:
You can turn Bastila back to the Light. You either have to pick the right options or be very persuasive.
If you have a male character, then you can romance her.

My female character also failed to romance Carth. I'm giving him another chance this round and I'm trying all of the flirty options.
Post Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:38 pm
Winter_Bloom
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You can turn Bastila back to the LS on the Star Forge. *hint* if you don't think your persuede is high enough, spout the Jedi Code at her.

As for romancing Carth, I never failed to complete the romance. You just got to talk to him after every Star Map, and not be mean or dismissive to him. In other words, don't dis his wife or son, or tell him to get lost and you'll complete it. On Taris, walk in and out of the apartment and talk to him to get the first four convos, and after you get the Ebon Hawk, walk on and off the ship repeatedly and then talk to him to get the other convos. After the revelation, he won't talk to you for a while, and then there's one more convo. The final convo happenes after the temple visit. You have to complete the Dustil quest if you initiate it, and you have to complete the 3-5 convos that happen in between each Star Map or no romance for you. Same thing with Bastila, except you've got to resolve her sidequest and have the mushy scene aboard the Ebon Hawk before going for the Fourth Star Map.
Post Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:46 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Winter_Bloom
You can turn Bastila back to the LS on the Star Forge. *hint* if you don't think your persuede is high enough, spout the Jedi Code at her.

As for romancing Carth, I never failed to complete the romance. You just got to talk to him after every Star Map, and not be mean or dismissive to him. In other words, don't dis his wife or son, or tell him to get lost and you'll complete it. On Taris, walk in and out of the apartment and talk to him to get the first four convos, and after you get the Ebon Hawk, walk on and off the ship repeatedly and then talk to him to get the other convos. After the revelation, he won't talk to you for a while, and then there's one more convo. The final convo happenes after the temple visit. You have to complete the Dustil quest if you initiate it, and you have to complete the 3-5 convos that happen in between each Star Map or no romance for you. Same thing with Bastila, except you've got to resolve her sidequest and have the mushy scene aboard the Ebon Hawk before going for the Fourth Star Map.

I did all that. But I might have messed up from the beginning. I never waled in and out of that apartment four times. I never was dismissive. I was sweet as pie. Once or twice I might have chosen an option he didn't like, but I thought it was actually the flirtations one. Yes, I completed Dustil and every converstion I could get out of him. I guess I missed it since I haven't had any sign of it yet. He hasn't had much to say to me since Dustil.
Post Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:14 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Val
Spoiler:
You can turn Bastila back to the Light. You either have to pick the right options or be very persuasive.
If you have a male character, then you can romance her.

My female character also failed to romance Carth. I'm giving him another chance this round and I'm trying all of the flirty options.

I just found where I went wrong. Someone here mentioned a conversation after the fourth mission. For me that was Tatooine after freeing Dustil. I restored to just before I left. Carth and I had a conversation in the cantina about his desire for revenge against his old boss. I wore that one out until he said no more. Then we went back to the ship to take off for the next planet, which trip would be interrupted by the Levithian encounter. Just for the heck of it I clicked on him one moere time. We had the greatest conversation. Flirtation. He trusts me. Things can develp from here.

I just might redo the game from here on in just to for the romance:) Too bad I have to do two of those done mini games. Are there really two more? I think there's one after getting off the Levithian and then the last one on the way to the forge. But, again someone here said they thought there were only two mandatory.

I've gone on a bit and finished doing the Leviathan again. Now all Carth's quest says is that he has gotten his revenge and what he will do now is anyone's guess. Again, he is no longer talking to me. All I can do is ask him about planets. What happened?

What should I have said to him on the Leviathan? I told him not do do anything he would regret. Should I have told him to kill is foe? I doubt it. After the mini game leaving the Leviathan I immediately asked him how he felt about my being Raven. That ended the conversation there. Was there anthing special I should have said at that point.

I'm now back on the Wookie planet and hate having to go through the whole thing again just to find out I again will have no romance come the temple.

What should happen between the time Dustil is finished and you are told you have gained Carth's trust? He wouldn't talk to me once he heard about Dustil. Should I have left Korriban without doing the last quest there and getting the star map so that I'd have more time with Carth to cement our relationship before he found out who I was?

Dang, he is a tough guy to win:)

Last edited by SilkenKidden on Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:27 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I'm fairly certain there's only two. Ican or I can get you past them if you need it.
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:12 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Winter_Bloom

I've gone back to leaving the fourth planet. For me that was Tatooine. I redid the end part of that section and found I had missed a crucial conversation with Carth on the ship before taking off.

When I talked to him there we finally got the flirtation going. He told me I was beautiful and reminded him of his wife. The game updated my quest log with the fact that Carth now trusts me and we will see how things develop.

Of course, the next thing to happen is the Leviathon and Carth get's his revenge. Now the quest log says "who knows what Carth will do next."

I find it hard to believe he is going to pursue this brand new flirtation now that he knows I'm Revan. Should I have gotten the love interest going earlier or will it develop more once I get back to a planet? Dustil has been successfully completed. The temple is a long way off. I have another planet to do at the least.
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:39 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Val
I'm fairly certain there's only two. Ican or I can get you past them if you need it.

I seem to be stuck with three.

The first one on leaving Taris.
The next one is on leaviang the Leviathon.
The last was on the way to the Star Forge.

Maybe the last wasn't mandatory, but it kept happening.

Like I said, I'm replaying now trying to get the romance going. I just posted a note asking for a mini game tutorial. I have read all the notes here and on the Bioware board on how to beat it, but none of them make it easy for me. The one that helped the most was the one that said to shoot wildly when it first starts. I theink the fellow even said close your eyes.

If I don't get through this with one or more tries I will be back asking you or Ican for help. The last time I posted asking Ican it calmed me down enough to do it. So, thanks!

Let me know how your romance with Carth is going. I'm not too sure I'm really on the right track now. Perhaps I have to restore back even further and get it going stronger by this point.

Another question. How old am I? Carth is 38. I thought I was very young until I found out who I am. Now I know I must be older than Malek and he looks like an old fa*t Dang, I was enjoying being young again and now I find it's like real life. I'm dreaming I'm 20 and then I realize I'm 30..40...50...Oh no! The truth dawns and I wake up an old lady again.
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:52 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

*Pulls out Prima's Offical Strategy Guide for KOTOR*

Let's see...
There are a total of 15 conversations with Carth. In the conversation after the Leviathan (#13) if you tell him he has nothing to do with your destiny, then the romance subplot ends. The 14th conversation takes place before the Unknown World encounter at the temple summit (i.e. Probably the encounter with Bastila) and the next takes place soon after.
So it looks like you'll have to wait it out.
As for the age thing, your age is never mentioned, just that you were young and powerful. The war lasted a few years and you were gone for a few years. At most, I thought the character was late twenties.

As for the mini-game, The only ones that I remember being mandatory is when there is a cutscene showing you running to the guns to fight off your attackers.
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:34 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Val

Let's see...
There are a total of 15 conversations with Carth. In the conversation after the Leviathan (#13) if you tell him he has nothing to do with your destiny, then the romance subplot ends. The 14th conversation takes place before the Unknown World encounter at the temple summit (i.e. Probably the encounter with Bastila) and the next takes place soon after.
As for the age thing, your age is never mentioned, just that you were young and powerful. The war lasted a few years and you were gone for a few years. At most, I thought the character was late twenties.

As for the mini-game, The only ones that I remember being mandatory is when there is a cutscene showing you running to the guns to fight off your attackers.

Thanks so much. I don't know how many conversations I had with him. I do know everything was fine leaving Tatooine. Then we went to Leviathan and afterwards we had a conversation about his worrying about my destiny. That one doesn't give very good options for a couple beginning a love affair. I chose the gentlest option and that indicated that he could "protect" me. I'm sure I did that before too.

I went back to the old version of the game just before entering the temple. I have Carth in my party but the Elders force me to start the ritual with no one, so I dismiss them. Then I Juhani and Jolie interrupt the ritual to say they must come with me into the temple.

Since there's nothing to tell you all is well with Carth after the Leviathan, I'll go back to the version where I'm sure he said I was beautiful and where I now have to do the Wookie planet again.

Thanks for the info.
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:04 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Val

Let's see...

He loves me!

After I got the fifth star map, I clicked on him to talk. Again it was sticky at first but he finally said he loves me. I said I love him. Oh, I feel like I'm 20 again

The quest page now says that whaterver happens to me and Carth will be determined as our destiny is resolved. But we will be together.

I'm so glad I went back and redid this part, even if it means another mini game on the way to the star forge.
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:48 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

The second part of the game that just struck me as would be brilliant in a movie was near the end when you whoop on malak.

Ok, the whole final fight would be great in a movie. But after he is beaten, he gives a great dramatic line Ill paraphrase.

" I was never as great as you. You led me down the dark path. And now you are here to kill me for trying to follow your footsteps."

And he has a point. What a bummer it is to be Malak. I really do feel sorry for him.

The first part of the game that would just be great in a movie is revealing youre darth revan and the flashbacks to the things bastilla and the jedi counsel said to you. Its like " OH YA.... thats right I didnt notice that"

Now the actual ending with kind of a mario world gathering of people celebrating is a little too cheesy for a movie I think. But I never did see the dark side ending so perhaps Ill have to check that out.
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:51 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

The dark side ending is cool.

@SilkenKidden: Congrats! Set a date yet?
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:54 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Val
The dark side ending is cool.

@SilkenKidden: Congrats! Set a date yet?

Val,

Alas, our romance will soon be over. I don't think I can get more than a few more days out of this game.

Besides, I've heard rumors that he runs around. My friend said he woos every woman that plays this game! The cad!
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:22 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next