Chromanin Found
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

@ Wulf
well the hack attack aint complitely over .. still need to reins gothic and recover some texture and models that has been abit messed up .. but that souldnt take more then a week or so given that i dont find work in the mean time

about the vob's i think they are closer to the swamp then where the cave where acording to your screenshot .. how ever they are above ground so i dont know if they could be linked to the old man .. but maybe .. havent found any codes for them yet .. but i'll start looking .. might take a while though seens theres like 5 -10 diffrent places in the game files where they could be called and maybe even more .. for some reason PB isnt the most tidy people when it comes to script files ..
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:51 pm
Coolguy1
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Content removed. Do not post anything like this again. -Val
Post Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:43 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

This kind of linking should be banned (or deleted)
Post Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:02 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

darh die
Post Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:00 pm
Dakkath
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Answers:

Is either Killerofevils II or wolverine_men still reading/responding on this topic?
Post Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:11 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Uocjat,
Those vobboxes (plunder) may be nothing more than some old barrels stacked in the passages - who knows?
@Stryks,
The logic of your suggestion about the cd-drive is un-arguable, it could be a simple thing as this that works "those of you who know where the >source< of my power lies hidden" - from now on i'll keep the cd in the drive! - i think that's how it was the "first time" - good one.
@Dakkath,
KillerofevilsII, was in some ways merely having a "bit of fun" - i see no harm in him "pulling our legs" that he had seen the old man. I knew he had'nt when i called his bluff (read back).
In all reallity, this is wolverine_men's thread, he began the topic,which i alone knew about, (i assume) but would probably not have instigated myself, because of lack of "evidence" to back up the claim. The first opening lines of the thread told me that he knew more about this happening and how to find that wierd situation again and because of this have stood by wolverine_men throughout and will continue to do so, i have no other choice - because the quest is true. His knowledge, as it slowly emerged into the thread, told me that he knows completely "every detail" about the gothic game and i therefore concluded he his linked to the dev's (if not one himself). He has posted here on rpgdot forums because the german players do not have this "chromanin" in their game, it is "for us".
He has revealed details of how to succeed the quest, but stopping short of giving us the answer "straight-out" - - a true gentleman, if we cannot find the old man ourselves, then that in my view, is how it must be.
How many of us has clearly analysed his words? - he has a way of telling us without "actually telling us" - - let me say this "within this thread Wolverine_men has disclosed the solution to the riddle. I am "applying" his words of revelation and am optimistic that i will one day see the old man again.
Post Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:53 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Wulf
@The first opening lines of the thread told me that he knew more about this happening and how to find that wierd situation again and because of this have stood by wolverine_men throughout and will continue to do so, i have no other choice - because the quest is true. His knowledge, as it slowly emerged into the thread, told me that he knows completely "every detail" about the gothic game and i therefore concluded he his linked to the dev's (if not one himself). He has posted here on rpgdot forums because the german players do not have this "chromanin" in their game, it is "for us".
He has revealed details of how to succeed the quest, but stopping short of giving us the answer "straight-out" - - a true gentleman, if we cannot find the old man ourselves, then that in my view, is how it must be.
How many of us has clearly analysed his words? - he has a way of telling us without "actually telling us" - - let me say this "within this thread Wolverine_men has disclosed the solution to the riddle. I am "applying" his words of revelation and am optimistic that i will one day see the old man again.

But what would be the point of him being so cryptic for so long? There is no point , Wulf - except to have a good laugh at your expense. You are being taken for a ride, can't you see that?

Its obvious that wolverine_man has moved on. He's had his fun and this is no longer amusing to him. I have an even worse impression of him now that he won't be man enough to come in here and say: "Sorry, I was just kidding."

Let me ask you this: If Mike Hoge, Kairo, or one of the original Gothic developers said that there is no such "hidden Chromanin" quest, would you stop this madness?
Post Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:49 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Let me ask you this: If Mike Hoge, Kairo, or one of the original Gothic developers said that there is no such "hidden Chromanin" quest, would you stop this madness?

i think that the words would have to come from the person or persons who made the quest in the first place
when i spoke brifely whit andré i asked him about the quest but he had never played it him self so could not give any info
but of cause he's in animation so he wouldn't really have much to do whit it
if anything at all
Post Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:31 pm
Dakkath
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Answers:

Wulf,
You must like to type a lot, and use quotes. : ) However, the question was not directed at you. I still have one simple direct question for Killerofevils II.

I have read through the thread and seen what both of them posted, as well as what you have posted. You seem like a good honest person but a lot of what you have posted here is not sequitur. I feel like you do not have a full grasp of what it is that has been discussed or the logic of -when- you could technically find this passage way.

I do have one question for you, Wulf. Why would wolverine_men go to all this trouble, even offer that PC (which is a lot of money), and still at no point give any proof him self? Please keep in mind that he was able to post a picture of the PC, clearly he is able to post a picture of this man standing at his “tome”. Showing a screenshot would give away absolutely NOTHING, in fact, it would probably spur more people to try and find the Riddler. You says he’s a ‘true gentleman’, gentlemen have honor and defend that honor when someone questions their truth.

D
Post Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:50 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Everything has been said, there's little more to say, othewise it gets repetitive.

I'll still continue to read this thread while searching for the solution just like it was suggested way back, "action not words" - i will post when the quest is solved, then i will put gothic away in the attic to gather dust.

If i was a developer thinking of making a similar quest in G3, i would have the puzzle to yeild some fruition, slowly, in stages, maybe three at least, yet increasing in crediblity yet still difficult (but then becoming believable) to the player of the game, then finally revealing the truth.

Good luck to the other players searching.
Post Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:19 pm
Dakkath
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Answers: None

Just as I said.
Post Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:09 pm
Village Leader
Village Leader

I'm here again!!! Again with you, Again with The Riddle!!!
With my resurrected-new computer I'm getting closer and closer and I have also managed to extract the German patch 1.08h, so I'll be able to search for what was updated.

@Wulf. Seeing people who insult you (and so us too) makes me both angry and sad, but they'll see. The puzzle will be completed soon!
so, don't pay attention to them and keep on searching.

@Uocjat: So you are a programmer too! I'll write you some things which I think could be interesting for the quest.

@(Everyone-Someone). When I speak about using the modding kit I perfectly know that it contains almost nothing of the interesting hidden parts. I just say that sometimes it is useful for understanding how the game works and what you can't find there doesn't mean it doesn't exist at all!

GAIKOKUJIN GA MITSUKARIMASU!!!
Post Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:51 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

hey there 999999999
long time no see
well im not really a programmer .. the basic study i've ever complited and understood of any program laungage could hardly fill a bottel cap ..
but i do have a nag for figureing out how things work and figureing out how to make them do other stuff .. mostly through trial n' error but its turned out to be pretty usefull so far ..
so if theres anything you'd like to share i'd be happy to take a look at it
Post Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:57 pm
Dakkath
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Further

@999999999

Please note that I wasn't trying to insult Wulf, I've been impressed by his efforts on this. I just don't like being lied to (not by Wulf) and watching people be manipulated and/or waste their time.

Uriziel is correct that it's not in code, including the CD. When each Chromanin is read it calls USETHERIDDLE(X) in script, there is no hidden code for the script calls. The only difference between the books is when USETHERIDDLE5 is followed up by USETHERIDDLE5.RIDDLER

USETHERIDDLE5.RIDDLER in turn directly loads a "naked" body, which has base clothing, with pony tail head and drops it at waypoint 36 in the fog dungeon. It's possible to not find the body, if you read Chromanin 5 in the Sleepers Temple for instance.

As I stated to Wulf, I feel there is not a firm grasp of what it is that has been proposed in this quest. There are only the script calls in the code, no extra models that fit this and the sounds you hear are from elsewhere in the game, as has been stated many times b4. There are some things I would consider “extra” in both the code and script files, but they do not apply to this.

I think any developer who has worked on 3D games will tell you that you would have to be out of your mind to try and directly code a tunnel, chamber, doors, stairs, then try to obfuscate this code from a decompiler and/or hex editor. Debugging it would be a nightmare and I think someone at the company would wonder what this guy was doing for the last month.

@Wulf, as far as I know we are playing with the same base and patches, but if for some reason were not I hope you find it.

D
Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:15 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Further

quote:
Originally posted by Dakkath

I think any developer who has worked on 3D games will tell you that you would have to be out of your mind to try and directly code a tunnel, chamber, doors, stairs, then try to obfuscate this code from a decompiler and/or hex editor. Debugging it would be a nightmare and I think someone at the company would wonder what this guy was doing for the last month.

D

Exactly! That's what I tried to explain many months ago. But now they are blindly going about their quest. I never insulted Wulf. I am simply trying to get him to wake up -- you are being PLAYED my friend.

You know who would REALLY know about this. The german boards at worldofgothic.com. Theirs is a MUCH more active community. How come they haven't piped in about this. Maybe somebody can go over there and ask them if a hidden Chromanin ending existed.

You know what? Maybe Wulf and Wolverine_man are the same person. Who knows. All I know is this is my last post regarding this fiasco.

P.S. Maybe *I* will ask the worldofgothic guys...
Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:28 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 41, 42, 43  Next