Gothic 3 Suggestions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Gothic 3 Suggestions

I think they should have a part on the Gothic 2 official website or something where you can e-mail PB with suggestions about Gothic 3 and what we think they should improve, and add to it. I have a few little ideas of my own
Post Sun May 04, 2003 1:29 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Here are a few ideas of mine :
1. I think they should add more types of farm animals, like pigs, cows, horses, etc. I've played the Gothic 2 demo and I think the sheep are so cool and they add a lot of life to the game so they should have more types of those animals.
2. Hmmmm, to make things more realistic-like, mabey they should add little bugs that fly around in forest and aroung dead bodies but don't actually attack. Of coarse that could get annoying to hear them buzzing around all the time
3. They should improve the sky effects and graphics. Playing the demo, I thought the sky didn't look as real as I expected.
4. Birds flying in the air, mabey just for looks, would improve it's atmoshere I think.
5. They should add lots more things that your charecter can use, like the beds and ovens and all that. Sometimes it's just fun to hang aroung town and watch the little animations.
6. I think they should make Gothic 3 a spectacular game, and really work on it. They should create a huge land area to explore with more towns, and mabey one town thats especially large. Larger then Khorinis. Also they should make a lot more side quests and more NPC's.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have ideas, post them here. If I think of anything else I'll post too. Bye .
Post Sun May 04, 2003 1:44 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Oh! I just thought of another thing. They should add a lot more lines to the NPC's and Hero so there's more to say to them instead of the same old stuff.
Post Sun May 04, 2003 1:51 pm
LaBaN
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

you ideas are nice (a little too demanding though, i'd say), but i think i will wait and see what happens in gothic II before i make my contribute.
.. you need to have the water before you can make tea out of it .... or something like that..
Post Sun May 04, 2003 2:57 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

how about being able to sit on the ground? smoking swampweed, watching the landscape and the birds flying over you.
and behind able to ride horses would be fun
shields
the character HAS to eat once a day, or will start losing health?
Post Sun May 04, 2003 3:07 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Irf
how about being able to sit on the ground? smoking swampweed, watching the landscape and the birds flying over you.
shields

Well now we're starting to turn it into the Si s or something . I think there should be shields though, and horses
Post Sun May 04, 2003 5:07 pm
Delo
City Guard
City Guard

Robe hoods!!! I don't know how many times I've said it, but robe hoods!!!
Post Sun May 04, 2003 5:35 pm
Joseph
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I think we play this game because we want something better than realisme
so they shouldn't make it too realistic.That's my opinion,but who knows...
Post Sun May 04, 2003 5:41 pm
legacy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ideas

Hi all!
I think that the game should be longer, that for the player can buy buldings (like home) in a town and that u can create more things by ur self like armors and bows and arrows or bolts
Post Sun May 04, 2003 6:06 pm
Bartouze
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Irf
shields

HAVING to eat sucks I would say. They have it in Arx Fatalis, and I wouldn't say this was the best part of the gameplay, rather nerving and not bringing a lot.
Adding touches of realism is nice as long as it helps you being "swallowed" into the game, but you don't want to play for doing things such as washing the dishes thrice a day and this kind of things. At least I don't...
Post Sun May 04, 2003 6:41 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Alot of people have raved about the gfx in G2, but I found them kinda lame. Look at Tiger Woods 2003 and you'll see what a landscape can/should look like. I don't just mean rolling fairways either. The jungle scenes are stunning. Let's face it, the Gothic "landscape" is 75% of the game. It sets the "mood" and is a major part of Gothics appeal. Are 3D trees and shrubs too much to ask?

Another thing I want...........leave the dam music alone! I love it.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sun May 04, 2003 6:42 pm
qfel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

IMO no mana regeneration sucks, so I'd like to see mana regeneration vary with [magic circle] level;)
Learning (not making runes) and finding out own new spells could also be nice.
And ofkoz similar about weapons/armors/shileds(which they MUST add).
Think about maing own armor using anything u want/have:)
And - RPG system shall be like in Dungeon Siege - you fight, you fight better and increase in strength etc.
I hate when I must choose between being better at sword and and being able to get some trofeums.. Remember that in real world you don;t have to kill people in order to have greater dex^^
And last thing i'd like to see: true artifacts.
Not just sword "in light guarded in the crypt" (which is worse than you can make..), but really magic (eg. fire) sword and only one in the game.
Post Sun May 04, 2003 7:39 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

About graphics... as far as I know Gothic III will be based on an external graphics engine; the problem with choosing an engine is that you can't pick it for eye candy alone, it must be able to cope with big landscapes and lots of AI (the latter severly limits the choice).
Post Sun May 04, 2003 8:04 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I think being able to get your own home depending on your rank or class would be a good idea. And I think you should be able to hang things up in your home like wolds skin, trolls skin, and all that stuff since those things had no real purpose in the game other then to sell for other stuff I guess.
Post Tue May 06, 2003 12:51 am
Gothrinian1602
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

A multiplayer mode like Ultima Online.. Have horses ride them and like Morrowind have different and pieces of armor like shields, helmet, pants, etc... taht would be cool and plus u can make custom swords
and the map is much bigger than Gothic 2, and u could fish would be some of my suggestions lol
Post Tue May 06, 2003 2:39 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next