Need Help Chapter 5 Fire Mage
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
ShadowAssas1n
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Need Help Chapter 5 Fire Mage

Can someone please help?I've clocked the game before but now I'm stuck. I'm in chapter 5, I'm a fire mage, I've got the crew and the navigational chart. I talked to the ship guards and I THINK they let me in (I cudnt hear coz I had winamp on ) but Jorgen the captain still won't let me go on??? Maybe I have to get a special weapon or armour or something? Please help me out pplz. Also can someone please tell me where to get empty runes ? I can't find any and I want to make runes of the 6th circle. I only have Rain of Fire . Thanx
Post Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:15 pm
Darth Mader
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Have you picked up the sea chart in the cellar of the monastery? You'll have to hand your captain this chart.
Afterwards he should give you a key and tell you to get some sleep...

Afair Milten has a blank runestone with him in chapter 6 - he needs to be a member of your crew, of course.

Since I've never faced the English version of Gothic or Gothic II, I want to apologize for bumpy translations...
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:07 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Did you go back to the beginning of the wharf and talk to Girion? He gives you control of the ship.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:52 am
ShadowAssas1n
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

That's the thing. I think thats a bug. I know that Girion HAS to talk to me about taking the ship doesnt he? Thing is while he had his back turned to me I started to talk to him (he's meant to automatically talk to you isnt he ) and anyway he said nothing about the ship, the only option is "Can you train me". I think this might be a bug. I'm afraid that I've stuffed up the game or something??? Also do I have to use the teleport rune to get the concencrated armour again? I really don't want to load since I've played on the same save game for ages now. Please help I hav no idea wat 2 do! Also I do already have the Sea Chart from the Cellar. Thanx 4 ya help .
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:21 am
Darth Mader
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

As a fire mage you can't get the pally-armour. Instead you should already have the "Holy Arrow" rune.

Concerning Girion and the ship:
You may try to save and reload and then approach him once more (and let him start the conversation) or maybe sleeping till the next day could be an option, too.
On the other hand, if your crew already is on board, it might very well be a bug.

btw - if I am allowed to ask this question: why the hell do you have Winamp on while playing Gothic? o_O

Since I've never faced the English version of Gothic or Gothic II, I want to apologize for bumpy translations...
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:02 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

As for armor for mages, did you get the aura of innos from pyrokar? Great protection, better than the eye.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:42 pm
ShadowAssas1n
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Lol I have winamp on because I've clocked it and it gets boring listening to the same backg music for a week ! Also WHERE DO YOU GET HOLY ARROW???? Thats what I'm missing! I also need an empty rune for it don't I ? And yes I do have the Amulet that's better then the eye. I've also drank the tears of innos too. I suppose I need the holy arrow...?
Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:38 pm
Darth Mader
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Afair you have have to read the almanac in the secret cellar (same room where where the sea chart is to be found) to learn how to make the Holy Arrow and I guess there also is a blank runestone.
When using a rune-making facility there should be an option called "secret of the library".
It's pretty much like the procedure of making the teleport-rune which brings you to the secret chamber with the armour when you're a pally, just that the rune's called Holy Arrow and is used as a weapon instead of teleporting you...

Post Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:25 am
ShadowAssas1n
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

So thats what the secret of the library was! Off to find a blank runestone! I finally found the thieves guild and joined it Learned pickpocketing then killed the whole guild . Now off to clock the game . Thanx heaps man!
Post Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:47 am