Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Stuff I would like to see in future Gothic games.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
endos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well i like to see some beasts tameing_like riding a horse, or a tamed shadowbeast.An cool thing would be a companion beast(like a dragon or something) which can fight to help you.I would also like to see more advanced fighting (like that from Severance:Blade of Darkness), also fighting with two swords at once would be a good thing.I would like to see shields, spears, and some BIG swords.A subteran city would fill the land.
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:23 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

@endos-Welcome to the forums!

I'm not sure if this has been suggested already, but I would like to see guards relieve each other in shifts. Guards that stay up all night EVERY night aren't that realistic. I would also like to see days of the week cycles. Also, how about seasons so you could go from Summer to Winter for instance. It would be cool to explore the world while it's snowing!

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:03 am
Drunkenstein
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

what about some rromance? our hero has spent months killing scum of the planet and for what? to be killed by collapsing temple? to be sinked with the ship? yeah, talk about reward... our hero don't want a reward? sure he does, he always askes 'what's in it for me?'. in G1, our hero wanted to leave valley of mines. i wonder why? why was he so ancious to get out? he knew, that the world outside the colony was no better. he knew, that bringing down the barrier would not liberate the people, it would bring chaos. (lots of people died, remember?). so why do it? of course, for his love, out there!

when i say romance, i don't mean hanging around the red light district. heroes should not pay for 'love'! well, should they?
Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:36 am
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by MageofFire
@endos-Welcome to the forums!

I'm not sure if this has been suggested already, but I would like to see guards relieve each other in shifts. Guards that stay up all night EVERY night aren't that realistic. I would also like to see days of the week cycles. Also, how about seasons so you could go from Summer to Winter for instance. It would be cool to explore the world while it's snowing!

I agree about the guards changing shifts and the seasons change. That latter idea is one I've been dying to see in an RPG for the longest time. As far as it snowing though... Have you not been to the 'old world' yet? It snows there quite frequently near the Ice Dragon's lair... and looks sick!
Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:27 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

And when its raining, the villagers should go inside instead of complaining 'crappy weather'. And when its snowing you should see the people doing the snow of their clothes, and children playing outside and such things, i know those are just details, but its the details that make a game into a wonderful thing
Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:17 pm
endos
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

About the Summer-winter cycle would be a good addition but that should make Gothic an enormous game..like Morrowind and i dont know if i like idea.I actualy think that a game with the feeling of Gothic, and the complexity of MW should be the baest game ever.
Yo i think it would be awesome to ride a shadowbeast throught woods, as well as flying over the mainland on a dragon.That would be g.
What do ya think guys?

I would also like to see some weird looking wepons like those from Severance or demon hunter's blades from w3

I like my enemies dead and my blades flaming
Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:49 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

the season thing would be cool but you have to remember, the gothic series up to the end of gothic 2 has only taken up at the MOST 2-3 months hell for me its only taken 3 weeks so the season change wouldnt be to realistic
Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:33 am
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

If your the chosen of innos and xardas is the chosen of beliar how about a chosen of adanos?
Post Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:25 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

adanos was allways the middle god ehe
Post Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:12 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

but the chosen of adanos hasnt had the chance to present him or herself yet so maybe it could pop in somehow
Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:48 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

uhm wasnt Saturas the highrest one ?
Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:55 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

i don't think saturas is the CHOSEN ONE of Adanos.He may be a highest mage of Adanos but not the chosen one.I mean the hero is the chosen of innos even if he ain't mage, am i correct?

Like the way *BIG SPOILER. DON't READ unless you have beated GOTHIC2*

Spoiler:
...Undead dragon is the chosen of Beliar.and after hero kills him, XARDAS becomes a chosen of Beliar.
I think, that Adanos has a big part to play at the end in this game of power.Also isn't there supoused to be a fourth god?Atleast i've read something like that from some interview?Anyhow..i think gothic 3 will give some light into this matter..

Last edited by Dez on Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:58 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Please use the BBCode for SPOILER!
Post Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:00 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ehm i dont think there will be a forth god also cos right now its stable Evil Normal Good. also u can be the chosen one of whatever god u want really u will get more info by playing G2Addon
Post Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:00 pm
Dr. Dogboy, MD
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How PB can make the Stranger weak again...

Some ideas for PB to again have the character lose all of his abilities at the start of Gothic 3:

1. Stranger takes his enormous wealth and parties it up with his close buds, Gorn, Diego, Lester, Lee, etc. After about six months of heavy drinking, most of his friends can't stand him any more and take off looking for work or AA meetings. By this time, the orcs have ravenged the mainland, the Stranger is broke, fat, and brain-dead and looking to get some more money. As you level, the character losses his beer-gut.

2. Ship-wreck, lost on island, starving to death, saved by Xardas again. (Boring, but a good possibility)

3. Stranger returns a hero to Korinis, spends money at the Red-Lantern and gets deathly sick from a VD. Saved by Xardas or Sagitta through an embarassing cut-scene and starts over with a new appreciation for the rubber industry.

...Just some suggestions for the next edition of the best RPG series ever. BTW the voice-acting was intentionally cheesy and G3 should ship to the US right after the German release.
Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:01 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next