I feel really lame asking for help. But here:
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
QreepyBORIS
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I feel really lame asking for help. But here:

Well, I a trying to become a mage in Gothic 2. I have already beaten the game as a Paladin (piss easy, think you, paladin runes!). But anyways, I am taking the test of fire and having some, ah, difficulties.

1) I need a runestone. Plain and simple. I think I can buy one in the upper quarter if I become a citizen (otherwise, I can't get in). And yeah, I talked to the rune-maker dude, so I know he'll help me (otherwise I wouldn't be looking for the runestone, would I?).

2) I have the sacred hammer and know what to do with it. But I cant get past the mosters leading up to the golem....This will resolve itself in time, so I dont really think I need help. Ive noticed its alot easier to just jump off the monastary bridge into the water and swim to the mountain than to follow the monster-riddled path.

3) WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH PYROKAR'S RIDDLE? I don't get it at all. As I was leaving the monastary, I found and killed a black wolf. Never seen it before. I couldn't get its skin, though. Hope that doesn't matter. I don't know if the wolf applies to anything at all. Just a little insight. I also havent checked the area the wolf was in around the path (Pyrokar's riddle mentioned a path). I ought to do that, but at the moment, I am at Bengar''s farm (doing other quests in the meanwhile over there).

4) Where did Ulf and that other dude go? I saw the first guy around Dragomir's place (the crossbow guy). Just want to know where they are.

5) This is the last one. All other novice-related monastary quests appeared to have stalled. They are in my quest booklet still, I think, but...when I talk to the innkeeper guy, who I am supposed to sell the wime to, I get no dialogue. I dont know if I am supposed to, then again....

So, that is it. Help with hints, suggestions, or plain out tell me how to do these things. I am not indescriminate.

Thanks in advance.
I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER!I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER!
Post Mon May 31, 2004 9:09 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Next time please search the forums before asking such things.

I think this subject is the most talked about thing on this forum, next to the english version of NOTR.
Post Mon May 31, 2004 9:17 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

hm.. this part of the game wasn't that hard for me, really. i figured out the whole thing by myself, so let me help you a bit.

1) don't worry, you will find a runestone. and you won't need to buy it. this object is very important for your magical career and you wont be the only person who is looking for it, HINT HINT

2) you will have to take that path sooner or later.

3) the answer on the pyrokar's riddle is the runestone. i guess. it's connected. just keep exploring.

4) you're on the right way. follow the path wich goes near the Dragomir's place.

5) weird.. this shouldn't have happened.

and for the last

6) complete as many quests in city and by the landowner as possible. get some xp. try to become at least level 6 or 7 before completing the test of fire. at least.
Post Mon May 31, 2004 9:55 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Noone asks about the black wolf. That one is for Isgaroth at that shrine outside of the monastery. If you talked to the paladin, he should have told you to talk to Isgaroth. He asks you to kill the black wolf. You should have gotten it's skin, it just looks like a regular wolfskin in inventory.

Follow that path by Dragomir, If you use the shortcut off the bridge, follow it all the way to the lake and turn right. You should find a hollow. Search the walls for the cave entrance. It's hidden by foliage. Turn to the right passage in the cave and you will find your rune. You should also find Ulf on the path up. And the other dude whose name I can't remember you'll find probably inside the cave at this point.

As far as the wine, you're supposed to get a dialog option with the innkeeper. You might have to finish some other stuff, but I didn't have anything stall on me when I went through as mage. If it continues, you might have to reload.

edit: took too long to post as usual. stupid 'puter.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Mon May 31, 2004 9:58 pm
QreepyBORIS
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by EDV
Next time please search the forums before asking such things.

I think this subject is the most talked about thing on this forum, next to the english version of NOTR.

I did. And not all of my questions were answered.

So I posted.

Meanwhile, you wasted a good minute or so of your time typing that, not to anyone's advantage. Not even your own. So, don't do that.

Thank you, NeoCodex and jmurdock. I did actually talk to Isgaroth. But, reffering to 5) in my first post in this thread, it didn't give me any dialogue options .

Thank you again.
I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER!I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER! I DO NOT HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER!
Post Mon May 31, 2004 10:36 pm