Members
Usergroups
Sensational Dark Messiah in-game footage movie
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Garrett

Sensational Dark Messiah in-game footage movie

<a href="http://www.gamershell.com/news/30210.html" target="_blank">Gamershell</a> offers a 7:34 min running in-game movie presentation of UbiSoft's/Arkane Studios' Dark Messiah of Might & Magic. The 400MB file shows the most amazing interaction and AI I have ever seen in an game (while I haven't seen them all of course
Post Thu May 11, 2006 8:22 pm
Carpathic
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

OMG...wow...don't really know what else to say except I wish it was a full blown RPG, it looks incredible.!!
Post Thu May 11, 2006 8:23 pm

Jesus.... 400MB! That's a pretty large file. Isn't there somewhere you can download it in smaller samples?
Post Thu May 11, 2006 8:36 pm

I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

(Arkray, who, only for this game is 'back')
Post Thu May 11, 2006 10:52 pm

ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Awesome. If its at least goal oriented I'm cool with the all action focus. Can't wait.
Post Fri May 12, 2006 2:37 pm
mogwins
Village Leader
Village Leader

Re: Sensational Dark Messiah in-game footage movie

quote:
Originally posted by Garrett
<a href="http://www.gamershell.com/news/30210.html" target="_blank">Gamershell</a> offers a 7:34 min running in-game movie presentation of UbiSoft's/Arkane Studios' Dark Messiah of Might & Magic. The 400MB file shows the most amazing interaction and AI I have ever seen in an game (while I haven't seen them all of course

Hmmm, it looks heavily scripted to me? Either that, or the AI and physics engine are both light-years beyond anything that's been used thus far. I bet it's the former...
Post Fri May 12, 2006 4:14 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I was thinking the same mogwins - the cyclops fight seems fairly scripted to me. "Have to use the elements to defeat him" - how many ways are there to defeat him? I am guessing you HAVE to lure him near the trap and cut the rope.

Still, spell effects and combat in general seems good in Dark Messiah, so I'll definetly give it a try.
Post Fri May 12, 2006 11:22 pm

Nope, you have to hit him over and over until he falls on his knees and cut his only eye this can be seenin th interview posted at the oficila site, you can see the same map resolved in a diferent way, the objective is to blind the cyclops
Post Sat May 13, 2006 1:25 pm

Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Wow is all I can say, I'll be there to buy that one the day it's released; that game looks amazing.

I loved the spell where he shrunk an opponent and squashed him, and the cyclops battle was amazing. I'm an old guy and not very good at action games, so I hope they have scaled difficulty to accomodate my 'age challenged reflexes. The worst part is we have to wait until September for it.
Post Sun May 14, 2006 5:01 am