How I killed the Black Troll
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Tenaka
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How I killed the Black Troll

My tactic was to draw the Black Troll out of his cave using the swipe and retreat method. Swipe and press backwards repeatedly to move out of the Troll's smashing arms. Keep doing this and draw the troll out and near to Grimbald.

Once you get close enough to Grimbald he will start attacking the Black Troll with his bow. His arrows do no damage but this is enough to draw the Troll's attention away from you. Now you can get two hits at the back of the Troll before he turns to attack you. Step back out of his reach and he turns back to face Grimbald. Now you can get in another two hits and continue doing this until the Troll is dead. If you happen to die and reload a game saved once you have started this tactic, Grimbald will be reset and stop attacking the Troll. He will also still be in his combat stance and will not respond to you. If this happens, just leave the area and return and Grimbald will be back to normal and the Black Troll will be back in his cave. Repeat the process to get him out and draw him near Grimbald once again.

If you take the hide to Raul at the Merc camp you can give it to him for gold and experience. You can then duel him and take it back off him and then sell it to Bosper for 350 gold.
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:01 pm
Jabberwhacky
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

The "easiest" way to do it as a fighter is just keep attacking his ass. Trolls turn very slowly so you can get in 2-3 hits before strafing around.

As a mage, I found golems suck a LARGE amount of ass. They take no damage from the troll, but they also do no damage TO the troll. After 4 golems the troll was at about 75% health, so I filled mana and summoned 4 skeletons in a row. They completely tore up the troll. They were swinging fast enough that the troll could never attack back, and each swing did about 2-3% damage (a noticeable drop in HP).
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:52 am
(kc)wolverine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

if u keep to the right along the rockwall you cansee an arch in it. shoot arrow at him he comes towards you and cant get further becasue of the rock. cant hit u either but you can hit him constantly through the arc. i killedhim with a sword with 25 damage took me some time but it is definitely the fastest way of killing him, other trolls i also attack from behind and keep straffing, poking their butts with very weak swords
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:41 am
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

Just curious.....isn't there a shrink monster scroll in the game this time?
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:13 am
(kc)wolverine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

nope not that i know about. you would just love to shrink the black troll and squash it like a little bug dont you
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:36 am
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

Yeahhhhh....it was easy to squash the shrunk troll in Gothic 1.

look like I have to poke the troll's butt with my weak sword as well
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:50 am
Killersan the Imp
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

there are some shrink scrolls i used them on dragons
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:45 am