Just a plea for Quicksave Savegames....
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
roxanna13
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Just a plea for Quicksave Savegames....

Hi...I love the option of having the quicksaves for Gothic 1 and would really love them for Gothic 2...I know they haven't been sent in but does anyone have some? In my own game I got stuck because Xardas wouldn't go to the circle because I joined a guild too late and I haven't gone back to the game. I could start over but if ANYONE had a quicksave it would be so much nicer...Thanks
-Roxanna
r@usticke.org
Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:58 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well probably many ppl could help u with that but we need to know what kind of save u need i mean where the hero should be 1-2-3 chapter ?
Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:06 pm
roxanna13
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I guess I'm at the end of Chapter 2...right before the Eye needs to be fixed...I can't get Xardas to the circle no matter what and I really don't want to start over. So end of Ch. 2 or beginning of Ch. 3 would be wonderful. I got the level 10 quickstart that's someone put on another board but I want one closer to where I am. I'm a slow and methodical player so it took me forever to get where I am and I don't want to take the time to start over
Thanks!
-Roxanna
r@usticke.org
Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:11 pm
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

im not shure if you talk about a bug but Just of the top of my head, Xardas wont go to the circle untill you got acccepted to the Pladins, dragon hunters or the mages.
Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:03 am
roxanna13
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah...it was this whole thing where apparently I joined a guild too late and Bennett wouldn't give me dragon armor and marvin loading wouldn't make Xardas go...it's been discussed before. I've never found a way to fix it except to start over which....well that brings me back to the above post.
Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:28 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hmm i think i dont have the saves but there are so many gothic players that someone should have something for ya
Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:40 pm
Vlad875
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have a quicksave from a fighter/mage in the beginning of chapter 3... i havent started doing the eye quest yet tho. If you want it, tell me how to give it to you.
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:09 pm
Damelron
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

That sucks man. I would hook you up with a save game, but all of mine are at or near the end of the game and no where near where you were at. Sorry man.
Post Wed May 26, 2004 3:44 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

we need a save game where u can pick up right away paladin mage or dragonfighter
Post Thu May 27, 2004 3:32 pm
Damelron
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

yea ill try hookin you up with 1.
Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:05 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I have a l17 dragon hunter at the begining in chapter 3. around 80 strength and mastered 1h skills, he knows how to forge ore swords and pick locks. he has got a nice crossbow with him too, and around 6000 gold coins in pocket. not to mention the beatiful ore sword. quests for vatras aren't finished yet, as well as the eye of innos, since you can't finish this one until you end the add-on.

if you want to take a try with my savegame, just go for it. i've allready uploaded it for you.

you can download it here

and just a reminder, all saves for the english translation mod are located in
\gothic 2\saves_g2att-g2tnotr
Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:22 pm
Damelron
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

ill try gettin a pally and mage for ya.
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:45 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by NeoCodex
I have a l17 dragon hunter at the begining in chapter 3. around 80 strength and mastered 1h skills, he knows how to forge ore swords and pick locks. he has got a nice crossbow with him too, and around 6000 gold coins in pocket. not to mention the beatiful ore sword. quests for vatras aren't finished yet, as well as the eye of innos, since you can't finish this one until you end the add-on.

if you want to take a try with my savegame, just go for it. i've allready uploaded it for you.

you can download it here

and just a reminder, all saves for the english translation mod are located in
\gothic 2\saves_g2att-g2tnotr

ehe and how many side quests u have completed in it i think pretty much
Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:21 pm
bdwgroove
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I completed the game but lost all my saves when my drive failed. I went throughthe first time as a dragon hunter but wanted to try this time as a mage. Anyone have an early mage save that would allow me to complete most of the mage quests but not have to start from scratch?
Post Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:10 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

We all have in the game,

1. a level/chapter changer which will save you having to start all over again but many of the sub/side and minor game details would not be included.

2. Then there is the in-game story helper, again this can used to save starting from the beginning, you could even start towards/near the game ending if you wish, in fact with carefull scrutiny and understanding of the game you could ajust a new game to start almost at any point.

Personally i would not do this, but the facility is there to use, maybe even for testing purposes.
Post Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:04 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next