Quest: The weed dealer
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
isuress
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Quest: The weed dealer

I cant figure out who to talk to, to buy "weed" so i can tell lord andra i'v already talk to mortis... i suspect that the weed dealer is the guy infront of the "red lantern" because i knocked him down and he had "20" pieces of swamp weed on him.. can some one help me fingure out who to talk to so that i can continue the quest?
Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:06 pm
RoiDanton
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Pay 50 gold to Bromor for Nadja. Go with her upstairs into her room and talk with her about the weed dealer. She says the name of him.
Goto him and ask if you can buy a piece of swampweed. But donīt say that Nadja told you his name because he kill her later and you can not finish the quest.
Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:30 pm
isuress
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ty

ty very much RoiDanton you have helped me greatly
Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:04 am
Aqtai
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by RoiDanton
Pay 50 gold to Bromor for Nadja. Go with her upstairs into her room and talk with her about the weed dealer. She says the name of him.
Goto him and ask if you can buy a piece of swampweed. But donīt say that Nadja told you his name because he kill her later and you can not finish the quest.

I tried this but the only topic that comes up with Nadja is "have fun" etc. She makes no mention whatsover of where the weed package is. Is there another way of doing this please?

Thanks.

Edit:
OK I've been searching some more and found out that I'm still on the first weed quest and that the package is in a warehouse at the end of the harbour. That guard is tough though! He's already killed my character 3 times. is there another way to do this please?

Thanks.
Post Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:56 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

ice block

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:30 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Or Sleep spell -- and a nice big axe.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:10 am
Aqtai
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately my character is still only level 3 and hasn't got much in the way of strength, mana, skill or hitpoints. I'm now thinking of recruiting either Bartok or that Militia guard at the gate to helm me take him out.

BTW how were we supposed to find out in-game that the warehouse is where the swampweed was stored? I only found out because i looked it up on the cheats forum. there must be a way of finding out in-game. I went to the Pegleg tavern but the bartender only mumbled something about mercenaries and wouldn't give me any more info. I went back to Mortis, but he's not talking either.

Cheers.
Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:23 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

I think I see your problem. Just because you get a quest...that does not mean you have to solve it immediately. Talk to everyone, gather all the quests you can, then start trying to solve them. If it's too tough to do one, come back later.....and that will happen ALOT!

Myself and imposteraz gave you the way to beat just about anyone in the game....even at a low level. I personally use ice block because it gives more time to beat your opponent, but sleep will get it done also(as long as they are not already mad at you). Bartok and the guard will not help you in this quest, but ya don't need them. Go buy an ice block scroll, assign it to a slot/hotkey, talk to the dude, cast the scroll, whip out your trust blade/branch/wet noodle and beat his arse, loot body and then go get the weed from the chest.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:46 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Aqtai,

Going with what Uriziel says, talk to everyone and you'll eventually get the clues necessary to solve all quests.

Despite what various NPCs say, there are no time limits for quests in the game (except for the two below), so take your time and you'll have more fun.

Timed quests:

1. Blood Chalices - once you take on the quest to find the Blood Chalices for the Thieves Guild, you only have a couple of days to do it or the oportunity goes away.

2. Location of the Thieves Guild hideout -- if you report this to Andre, you only have a day or so to deal with the Thieves until Andre sends the militia to wipe them out.

These are the only two that I know about off hand.

Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:44 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

There are several other quests that go away if you don't do them within a couple of chapters but most are minor. A couple you don't even get experience for so, no matter.

The Hungry Hunter and Kick Bullco's Butt come to mind. The package of swampweed quest goes away if you get it from Andre and don't do it, but you can give the package to it's owner whenever you want up to chapter 3 I think.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:59 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Another is getting Greg some clothes....well maybe it is'nt a true quest, but ya still have to do it fairly quickly.

Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:57 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Yes, there are several quests that change or go away across chapter boundaries, but I was specifically refering to quests that expire simply due to (in-game) clock time. There are only a few of those.

In general, try to clean up as many quests as you can before going into new chapters (the big quests are actually multi-chapter, so don't worry about those).

I wasn't aware of "Greg's Clothing" as a timed quest. Thanks for pointing it out.

Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:34 pm