Some more NOTR questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Holywhippet
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Some more NOTR questions

1) I noticed when exploring the expansion pack area that there was an unreachable section. It was near one of the ruined areas in the SW part of the map - I think it was the rightmost one. There was the ruins of a bridge there but I couldn't see any way to actually get across there. I thought about shapeshifting into something that flies but I couldn't find any scrolls that changed to a flying monster. I think there is something on the other side though, I could see flashing lights coming out of one of the buildings.

2) How did other people actually kill Raven? His own offense seemed to be really weak but when I whacked him with my sword I kept getting blaster with lightning bolts. After some thought I just started summoning lots of goblin skeletons. They die pretty after just one lightning blast but they eventually killed him through sheer attrition.

3) Just a general question, how exactly does the damage for weapons get calculated? I read somewhere that for the first game, every point of strength (for melee weapons) above the requirement for the weapon would give you a bonus point of damage. This would suggest the best weapon to have would be the one with the greatest difference between requirement and damage rating. What about dexterity based weapons? Is it strength that makes a difference or dexterity?
Post Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:05 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

1: http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1438847&highlight=magic+bow#1438847

3: http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1540052&highlight=magic+bow#1540052

The search feature can be handy

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:54 am
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Well about reaching the area, it's not true, to get to it you don't need a potion of speed.

A first path is from the mountains to the left, long path, I skip explain it.

Second path is quite simple. Go back on the road upper where there was a pack of goblins. Go to the border bellow you see the part of broken bridge.

Use walk to go to the farthest position, once there stop, just jump and you reach the other side.

But to get out there I found only one way, speed potion or a potion with speed effect and lower cost . The trick is you not try to jump and do yourself the jump. But you just run and let the game do the jump. For that, the more simple is to warlk to the bottom nearest position to the other part. Then backward, then drink the potion and run. Not that easy.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:45 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

About weapon information, the thread pointed doesn't give an exact formula. Since then I found that formula for Gothic 2:

For close combat weapons:
Critical damages = Hit level of the weapon + Str - Protection
Normal Damages = Critical Damages / 10

For NOTR I am not sure at all that this formula is still right. Firstly there's obviously a minimal damage. Secondly sometimes the formula seems:

But some other times it seems more :
Normal Damages = Critical Damages / 6

For the beliar claw, the lightning damage is always 100.

For Dex weapon, I read many times that the formula is the same than for str weapon, I'm not sure at all that this is true.

For bow and xbow the formula should be the same but by using dex instead of str. Again, I feel something not fully right there, But I can't say anything as I never made deep tests.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:54 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

For Raven, sword fighting only, you definitely need either has a very high luck either learn to parry at all expense even if this require more patience to wait a right moment to give a hit.

The more simple, just go do something else, level up and come back later with a bit more life, at a point even the lightning damages won't be enough to defeat you.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:59 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

For the area across the broken bridge, thanks for the tip on just letting the game jump you back and not jumping yourself (I tried for quite awhile and neve did get it).

The first time through I wound up just leaving that area alone and going on with the Valley of Mines. While there I finally got my Dex up high enough that I got the Acrobatics bonus. With that I went back to the Jardenkar area and was able to jump back across the broken bridge on the first try.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:12 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Gotit
For close combat weapons:
Critical damages = Hit level of the weapon + Str - Protection

For NOTR I am not sure at all that this formula is still right. Firstly there's obviously a minimal damage. Secondly sometimes the formula seems:

But some other times it seems more :
Normal Damages = Critical Damages / 6

The normal damage is 5-21 without taking enemy armor into account. That explains while you even do a tiny bit of damage to an Orc Elite with a wooden branch.

In NotR it's the same, the armor rating of the enemies just changed a lot.

about question 2:
Iceblock
Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:00 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Ice block is not an option if you want to retain your warrior's honor. Though this only applies if the enemy is worthy.

I feel that people like Raven, cassia etc deserve a fair chance to defend themselves. Dunno if thats just me who is thinking like this, but imo using the ice block in a duel is a bit dishonourable.
Post Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:29 am