2-handed sword skill
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

2-handed sword skill

I've read in several earlier posts that once you become a member of the New Camp (I did it by becoming a water mage) Lee will teach 2 handed sword skill. He did offer it once, but now that I have enough skill points, he isn't offering the option any more. I am in Chapter 6 and am at the point where I am about to magically charge Uriziel, but it sure would be nice to have one level of skill fo this, otherwise the last part will be awfully difficult! Is there anyone else who teaches this skill in the swamp or New Camp? Cor Angar doesn't, either.
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:46 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You said you´re playing a mage. Why don´t you take the rune instead of the sword? The rune is even stronger. Circle 6 is required.
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:53 am
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I did that in the end, but I think my whole game is corrupted - the ending isn't triggering and nobody ever gave me any quest related to going back to the Old Camp after the Lockdown, or indeeed any quests related to joining the New Camp. I spent hours talking to the New camp NPC's but nothing...

I thought after I cleared the New Mine I was supposed to get the quest to go to the Old Camp but although I spoke to everyone in the New Camp I never got anything about this. Neither of the two New Camp bosses would even talk to me all through the game except for the one boss (Laeres?) offering me strength and dexterity training, and Lee talking about how outrageous it was that the Old Camp invaded the mine.

Neither of these things happened in my first game, and I have upgraded my video card and switched to XP since I first played, so I think the game just wasn't responding correctly all the way through. I had a lot of ctd's this time as well, which I didn't have before. I also noticed that often the default weapons (ie quickslot 1 and 2) changed without my directing them to and my mage often found himself wielding a weapon that he couldn't really use or wasn't expecting. I kept putting a one-handed sword in slot 1, only to find my character pulling out a big huge two handed axe at just the wrong moment. I solved that by selling every weapon I found right away, but still...
Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:29 am