WARNING! Beware Bontonland.cz
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Monkey Fluff
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

WARNING! Beware Bontonland.cz

I feel I have been constantly posting in this forum about Bontonland.cz for days now. Anyhow, I feel it is important to share this with people.

A few days ago I posted about attempting to make a payment with Bontonland.cz but receiving an error when sending my credit card details (see here.) Never receiving a response to my email or any kind of confirmation, I thought I was safe in making the purchase again. I did this, and it all went through fine, I received confirmation and everything.

It now appears I've been charged for both transactions on my credit card. I'm not implying the company is necessarily untrustworthy, I've just emailed them and guess I'll have to wait 'til Monday for a response, but I think others should be aware that this can happen.

It blows.
Post Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:50 am
goggle
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sorry to hear that monkey fluff. As I said on a previous thread (before being deleted) this happened to me too, but I have been charged just once. So hopefully its not a "scam" but a genuine error. Hope they sort it out soon.
Post Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:49 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeah, I hope it gets fixed soon. Would be great to find a trustworthy supplier of the English NotR.
Post Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:18 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Even Rollenspiel sent two copies of German Gothic Gold. I just sold my extra off right here on this forum. No big deal, alot of takers.
Post Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:14 pm
Monkey Fluff
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712
Even Rollenspiel sent two copies of German Gothic Gold. I just sold my extra off right here on this forum. No big deal, alot of takers.

Although it wouldn't be ideal, I won't deny it would be okay if I received two. I'm more worried that I won't receive the second copy anyway as the transaction didn't go through fully.
Post Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:01 pm
Svetty
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I have emailed them today for an update on my order placed 26th August. I'll report back if/when I receive a reply.

EDIT: I have received an email saying they have posted my order today. Now the wait.....

The Devil's Advocate
Post Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:51 am
Monkey Fluff
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

With what address did you contact them? They haven't yet responded to my enquiry about having made two payments.
Post Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:32 am
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Certainly something to be weary of when ordering from them, myself I had no problems it went through first time fine...

Be interesting to know if perhaps the peeps that have had problems are you using firefox?
Post Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:42 am
Monkey Fluff
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Good news!! I called them (God knows how much that cost me) and the lady was very helpful. After a few communication problems (her English was good, but a little broken - I think I was speaking too fast for her), we established the problem and she said she'd refund me for the first order. I can now happily confirm that the money has successfully gone back into my account.

Sweet!!

(Only problem appears to be that the exchange rate has changed slightly and I've lost just under two quid. Oh well.)
Post Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:19 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I´m always using IE when shopping online. Many shops are only optimized for the standard browser. It´s safer not to experiment.

Use your favourite browser for everything else.
Post Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:27 pm
karaknic
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Too bad I'd have been up to buy the expansion as I don't have a credit card...stupid solo cards
Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:42 pm