Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Please answer this question...about Gothic performance.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Sveinung
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I'm running the demo on a P3, 128 mb ram, 12gb hd and a GeForce2 Mx 400. I have to set the details and resolution down a bit, I can't see the framerate. How can I see my framerate?
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 7:32 pm
Dark PhoenixFL27
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hello all i was wondering if it was possible to run the game with my intergrated video card that i have. yes, i know that game requires a 16 meg video card, but my intergrated card has only 8 megs, but the Crappy Pool of Radiance 2 needed 16 megs, but it ran fine. I just install the game, but in the game world, everything is white. What am i doing wrong? please help
Post Sat Dec 01, 2001 8:33 am
Shryke
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

bigkabuto - It seriously is supposed to stutter that much I would think. If after doing all those things people mentioned about defragging and all that it still stutters, well then welcome to the world of Gothic - where a HUGE amount of textures are loaded into memory at once and things are rendered on the fly depending on how close or far you are from the textures (check out how the texturing was done for the tree line in the forests). I have a 1.4Ghz T-bird with 512MB DDR RAM and a Geforce 2 Ti. Everything is one notch down from being maxed as far as detail. It still has some MAJOR issues with framerates in some sections. Whenever I look into the forest, oh... It's gotta drop to something like 10 or less. Nasty. But that's the price you pay for not having to load up new areas when you enter them, and having complex AI algorithms being computed all the time. Sucks, but the problem here is that as an industry need more computing power. Hurry up with those P9s, Intel
Post Mon Dec 17, 2001 1:55 am
mersil
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I Found out... the game Bumps the hard drive , WHY ? well , once when the program was closed down, i looked down at my task bar icon for RAM IDLE...and it was almost empty

it was all consumed up....WOW.which tells me that you need ( AT LEAST 512 RAM ) then it wont have to access the hard drive so often.......

ohh and Now my geforce 3 Ti200 is Smokin 2311
i am running sight distance level at 300% WOW what a beautiful sight.. seems like it gets smoother....after running for 10 min or so,after first starting up.

when you are up on the mountain of the ruins....with 300% distance man you can really see how HUGE this world is...

Post Tue Dec 18, 2001 7:05 am

Hi,
i have PIII-1GHz, 512Mb, GeForce2GTS 32DDR, IBM ATA-100 7200 and
Texture detail on highest
model detail on highest
visual range is on 300% - the world is looking cool.
I have 20 FPS and sometimes up to 30 in the full vertion of the Gothic.

Post Tue Dec 18, 2001 12:16 pm

I have 640mb ram, it stutters.

nuff said bout ram
Post Wed Dec 19, 2001 1:47 am

Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

How do you get the barrier to show all the time?

Mine only pops up from time to time to let me know that I'm still trapped inside the colony. I'd love to play with the barrier on all the time. (my sky effects option is on)
Post Wed Dec 19, 2001 2:05 am
The Sleeper
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

improving game performance on amd systems:

*get the latest 4 in 1 via drivers
they make a huge difference, even if you already got them then update them,
*nvidia official 23.11 drivers are out, if you search the net you can find even newer unofficial drivers
Post Sat Dec 22, 2001 4:38 am
gizz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i had dreadful performance probs, but added 256mb ram and got a new geforce card, and everything is as smooth as hell in 1200 resolution with full draw distance
Post Sun Dec 23, 2001 4:07 pm
mikelhall
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Hey, I had the same problems with choppiness.

Geforce 3 21.85
WinXP
SB Audigy
AMD 1.4

Anywho, get nvmax or rivatuner and be SURE that ansiotropic filtering is set to bilinear/trilinear.

AFter changing this setting (along with fog-table) the game now runs 1280x1024 with 2xFSAA SMOOTH!.

Now, if I could just figure out why the game crashes when I fight more than 1 monster.....
Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 1:24 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:

Now, if I could just figure out why the game crashes when I fight more than 1 monster.....

This is sound problem. Change the provider to DirectSound, close and restart the game.

If it doesn´t work use the search facility. Many others had this problem before.
Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 1:58 am

If you have a Maxter hard drive,possible that your hard drive is enable to run quite mode instead of performance.You can check it on the bios,some system will let u enable performance mode or quiet mode on bios.Maybe this will help you.It did for me.
Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 8:07 am

mikelhall
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Thanks Gorath (feeling a little Feisty? ). Fixed the monster/sound problem and am running 1600x1200 with 2x FSAA and 200% draw distance 23-33 fps!

Beautiful game now that the glitches are solved!
Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 3:43 pm
mersil
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

IF YOUR HAVING PROBLEMS , ITS NOT THE GAME , ITS YOUR MACHINE !!!

Ok peeps.... here is what i just done on my machine . i formated, hard drive, Installed Win. Xp added additional 256 Ram. (640 total, for now)added Geforce3 Ti 200 , re-installed Gothic, copied my Saved games back into Dir. Turned everything To MAX.. 300%
and Behold What a smooth Game i Have

Win XP. and massive Ram, will ultimately Fix your choppiness.... ( if ya got any )

ohh :and put it on Mile Fast Sound ( if theres any doubt ),

( wow what a Nice experience) Thanks Again Piranha Bytes

i been telling everyone about your great game.

in case yur wondering. my system specs ( on this machine)

Amd T-bird 900 Mhz.
Abit Kt7 Mb
Win XP Pro.
640 Ram PC133
WD UDMA ATA/100 20 Gig HD
Sound Blaster X-gamer
PNY verto GeForce 3 Ti 200
( all the lastest Drivers for everything )

Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 7:57 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3