the gothic 2 addon and the reason that it wont work
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
IllicitASU
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

the gothic 2 addon and the reason that it wont work

ok, i know ive seen this post 800 times, and ive jumped through all the hoops in the directions. I installed the english gothic 2 and changed the file names to vdfs32g.dll and vdfs32g.exe. I copied the german 1.30 gothic 2 exe file to the system folder. I tried to install tnotr off cd and even off of alcohol, and the tab is still greyed out. I am so lost, and i apologize for the repeat of this post, but ive followed all of the other directions. thx
Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:57 pm
catalytic_avatar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

similar problem here, I have whatever version was sold in Australia. us or uk im not sure, the problem i have is that when installed its already 1.30 and the files are called vdfs32g. dll and exe, there was never a 'e' veriosn of them. So i read some posts about here this and didn't bother patching the files. Now when i get to the install for the NOTR i can choose where to put the addon but once i've selected the next button is greyed out. This is really annoying as i purchase this from ebay and can't get my $$ back. I;ve spent about a week trawling through the forums looking for the answer to this with no luck. I've disabled nav, deamon tools, zone alarm, and everything else i can think of but i can't hit next. I've also installed it on desktop and my work laptop without any luck either. pls help
Post Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:58 am
IllicitASU
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

for catalytic

alright dude, i actually figured it out. What i did is i did all the same things that i did before i coppied the german exe file and changed the e's to g's. The thing that i did different was when i got to the NOTR install screen and the button is greyed out, i browsed for the path and just went as far as C:/Programfiles/jowood/gothic2, clicked ok, and it actually worked. try this. when you install NOTR, try the shorter path, and it should work.
Post Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:41 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

This is one of the few things you can do wrong during the installation. Both add-on and translation mod must be installed in the G2 root directory. Itīs a good idea to double check that the installer suggests the correct dir.
Post Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:14 am
Foxman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I had the same problem, but the problem is that g2 is installed to dir Gothic2 but addon wants to install it to Gothic II so I just changed the dir name and everithing was ok. You also need to have german vers. gothic2 exe file in that dir!
Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:32 pm