What Level till Old World..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Barlon2
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

What Level till Old World..

I am in Chapter 2 as a mage...I am supposed to go to the "Old Gothic world" Mining colleny place (p.s. I can't spell) and When I went as a Palidan I just ran and sneaked around...But now that I am a mage I want to know what a good lvl and what skills I should have before I should go on...please help...as a Palidan I went as lvl 9 and still barely made it...with all of the transform scrolls of coarse
Post Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:39 pm
ServanteS
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

simple answer level up as much as you can do as much as you can in Ch1 train your mage good buy,get lot's of mana poutions and hit the road but around 10 level is sufficient
Post Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:15 pm
Robin_Hood
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hmm well I never have played with a mage but in gothic I did alot. Well I just beat the game as a Dragon Hunter and I went in the Vally of mines at level 15. But I know that I could have went in at like 10. So for a mage level 11 or 12 sounds good to enter.
Post Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:10 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

i went in at lv 8 mercenary, and didn't had any problems...
Post Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:13 pm
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

Lol

LOL - everybody rushes through t his game using the fastest possible route. Then posts appear where people are sad because they finished the game and there is nothing else like it to take its place.

Slow down. This isn't Everquest. Nobody is going to beat you to the 'punch.'

I'm in Chapter 1 playing as a mercenary and right now I'm level 18. To get to that level in chapter 1 you have to really scour the map and hunt down every single mob - and it's a lot of fun! The only monsters stalking the land at this point are the magic golems because I can't seem to be able to affect them with the weapons I have.

The point here is, slow down. Don't rush. This game is awesome and when it's over there will be nothing quite like it to replace it.

I've been playing a few hours a day and have managed to stretch out chapter 1 into many weeks of playing - and it's great because I know I still have many chapters ahead of me at this point.

And a nice side affect is that now I'm really familiar with every part of the map and all the little secret/difficult areas you can reach. It's a blast.
Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:29 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

You need the sacred hammer later

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:04 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Lol

quote:
Originally posted by Neptiofpovar
The only monsters stalking the land at this point are the magic golems because I can't seem to be able to affect them with the weapons I have.

***SPOILER WARNING--****

How to kill magic golem in Chapter 1:

Go to the hunter standing near the black troll. West of him (uphill, away from the black troll) you'll see a large stone arch and a path leading under it.

If you go to the arch, right before it, on the south side of the path (your left if you are walking away from the hunter) are some rocks that, with some patience, you can climb on. If you continue down the rocks (and avoid the gap in the world) you can walk all the way to the cliff at the back of the monastery. With some careful cliff scaling, you can end up on the roof of the monastery and subsequently jump into the yard. For some reason, once inside, nobody seems to mind you being there.

Go to the basement and find the guy that guards the sacred hammer. Either toss a sleeping spell on him or just beat the snot out of him. Snatch the hammer. Hit the magic golem with the hammer.

Voila! Dead magic golem in chapter 1.

One thing I thought was a real b**ch in chapter 1 were fire lizards. But with some careful cliff climbing and a LOT of arrows... those suckers went down too.
Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:37 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Had no idea you could do that. Figured there was no way in before invite.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:26 am
Darth Mader
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I completely agree with Neptiofpovar!

If you finish all the quests the different guilds want you to do to join them and thus are free to become a member of whatever guild you want to you truly are strong enough to take on the challenge of the mine valley without problems all too great.
I guess I spent about 30 hours on chapter one (or was it even more?)...

btw: the orcs around the fortress in the valley are easily shot while standing on the orcish siege-ram.
So, at least your exit to leave the fortress is easily 'cleaned' and the orcs can't kick your butt everytime you leave for a quest.

Since I've never faced the English version of Gothic or Gothic II, I want to apologize for bumpy translations...
Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:04 pm
deiland
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I'm a Firemage and I didn't go to chapter 2 until I was level 16 or 17. I'm killing Orcs 2 at a time If I find a small place to only allow them one in front at a time. I've up to level 20 and still have more to do. I still get my butt kicked by Skeletons, Dragons, Fire Lizards if Im not fast enough, and multiple Orcs. I have 65 str (got Potion skill to make STR + 5 potions), 31% sword skill, 81 mana, and around 300 HP. Learning to attack fast was the key for me to stopping the Orcs. I wouldn't want to be level 9 trying this, because the Orc Elites can kill me fast if they get a couple good hits in.

Explore Chapter 1 as much as possible and you will find lots of little nice rewards. Killing the Black Troll in Chapter 1 was tough but earned good xp and a little nice loot. Picking locks is also a must for finding lots of loot including potions.

I can't stop playing this game!!
Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:05 pm
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

Scour

I must have made round trips on the main map 20 times. And each time I found another monster or some more herbs or some other secret spot that I had previously missed. It's a lot of fun if you can just resist the EQ syndrome of trying to get uber-item or uber-status first - there is no 'first' because it's a single player game. It's fun to just enjoy each area and explore it thoroughly.

Still in chapter 1, I wield the Dragon Slicer (80 Damage). I have 90 strength but only 15% skill in two-handed weapons - yet I could kill everything in Chapter 1 - certain battles were still somewhat tough (Inubis for example), but I still managed to get through them.

Wring out every drop of gaming goodness. Games like Gothic are a rare treat. And when you're finished, there won't be a similar replacement for years.
Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:21 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I we,t to the V.O.M. at lvl 19, after i got everything i could get, including the dragon slicer, 90 strength, and 65% 2h and ~50% 1h. i slayed every orc i could find in chapter two and i got out at lvl 24: i finished the game at lvl43 i killed the skeleton dragon with 5 hits.
Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:25 pm
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

Oh Yeah!?!

quote:
Originally posted by Bytespawn
I we,t to the V.O.M. at lvl 19, after i got everything i could get, including the dragon slicer, 90 strength, and 65% 2h and ~50% 1h. i slayed every orc i could find in chapter two and i got out at lvl 24: i finished the game at lvl43 i killed the skeleton dragon with 5 hits.

Oh yeah!?!

Well... my dad's car is bigger than your dad's car so there!

Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:42 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Bytespawn
I we,t to the V.O.M. at lvl 19...i slayed every orc i could find in chapter two and i got out at lvl 24.

That is somewhat odd. I came into VoM at 14 and after slaying orcs for few days straight I was level 23 (still not finished with chapter 2, but that was the point at which I finally entered the castle). Is level 23-24 worth as much xp as 14-19?
Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:59 pm
mariuss
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

It's important to get stronger early in the game. After ch 4/5 you can get +200 strength and can kill everything with a few swings.
Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:47 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next