Bug!! (and another questions)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Bug!! (and another questions)

I'm very sorry about all the questions but I appreciate your help and patience with me greatly.
While exploring the Abandoned Imp Fortress for the fighter's guild, I made the dragon retreat then followed it to the treasure room. Shortly after I went in there, the sound went to the Nine Hells and started to screech endlessly. I had to turn the speakers off to not go deaf. I left the fortress after finishing it off and the sound is alright outside. But, the second I go into a seperate cell for a dungeon, the sound goes to hell again. Is there anyway I can stop it? A patch or something?
Also, Val I read your excellent guide for DD but where exactly is the cave with the holy grail? I have searched the mountains looking for the cave but I can't find anything.
Finally, is there anything you have to do to get Marcus, the merchant in the Merchant quarter, to give you his quest. I talk to him but he only sells me stuff.
I hope the paragraphs make it look less intimidating.
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:34 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I'd suggest a reinstall of the game. Some files probably got corrupted. I've had that problem happen with other games and a reinstall usually cleared up the problem. If not, then check your sound card's driver.

As for that cave....

Have you killed the smugglars in the sewers? Marcus' quest is connected to it. That may have eliminated the option of doing Marcus' quest.
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:17 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

NOOOO! I have to restart the game? After i just got my mage going? ARGH! Well, I do want to play a thief, oh well.
Post Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:57 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

No, no, no, you don't have to restart. Move your save games, reinstall the game, then dump the save games into the appropriate folder. There's no need to restart the game.
Post Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:21 pm