Some quick questions on NWN ...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeons and Dragons General

Author Thread
Xavier_Ranger
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Some quick questions on NWN ...

Before I actually go out and buy NWN, how much is possible only in a single player game? I know there is going to be a SP storyline to follow, and maybe a coupel fo xpac's by now, but is there more out there for a SP gamer such as myself? ToEE was a fun game, and I really liked the storyline as it followed the origional module that I played PnP-style as a kid, and actually still have tucked into the closet, lol! I would have liked to take my party further, as they were just starting to get real good towards the end of the game.

I like the idea of modules in NWN and all, but how many of them are actually single player based adventures? Reason I ask is because I cannot devote the time to an actual multiplayer gaming group with a dedicated DM etc ....

If there is alot of SP adventuring to be done with these modules that expand the org. game, then please let me know. Preferably with the same adventuring group, as I get attached to the players I create! It would be nice to actually move from one module to the next in a SP environment with the same party and watch them hit levels up to 20 and beyond.
Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:07 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

First, you only have one character.
Second, there is so much fan-made content out there for NWN that I'd doubt you'd get through it all. And a lot of it is good.
Third, the game is currently capped at level 20, however the next expansion looks to change that.
Fourth, the SP campaign for the original NWN isn't the best ever. It's okay. SoU is better.
Fifth, wrong forum.
Post Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:50 pm