G2 addon sticky?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
baudhi
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

G2 addon sticky?

How about adding a sticky thread with info on the english release of the Gothic 2 addon, I for one is really looking forward to it, but have no idea what PB has even sayed on it, other than it's suppose to be released(right?) =D
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:03 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I would like to support this idea. Especially if this realm`s rullers could reveal sth. about my polish publisher CD-Projekt plans (it`s extremly hard to get sth. from them). PLEASE...
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:28 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Nothing is known about a date for an English language release yet. As for CD Projekt's addon version Gothic II: Noc Kruka... there's at least one thread about it on the CD Projekt forums, but I can't read the language, so you might want to go there yourself:
http://www.cdprojekt.info/forum_post.asp?sid=7659
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:19 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Thanx. I knew this thread but it reveals nothing. People just guessing. The only answer I got from CD-Projekt was sth like: "wait until we will give some info on our site". But till now nothing. Worst solution I will have to buy another G2 - English version this time together with add-on. Again thank you for answering.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2003 7:28 pm
baudhi
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Didn't they start voice recording for the addon 5. Sep?
How long did the original take to translate?
Maybe we can try to predict it =D
Post Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:38 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Voice recordings for GII took 2 weeks, the finished game appeared many months later. So it's like this, it's difficult to second-guess a publisher's decisions and thus get a reliable estimated release date. First cautious guesses were mid-October, but that's somewhat too optimistic.
Post Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:07 am
baudhi
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Bleh, publishers =(
Guess they know what their doing
Post Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:51 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Publishers and developers have to earn. They are just companies and people there are expected to earn. If they don`t earn they die - no matter how good games they make and publish. Of course it`s nice when they can keep the thin red line balance between money and quality/innovativness. Otherwise we have some games with success based only on good advertisement or some others that died on different stages (Anachronox or Outcast2). But generally it`s up to us GAMERS to vote for what we want with our money and support. Sorry - suppose to be about G, G2 and G2+ only. So I hope that my CD-Projekt will keep up rather good work with keeping balance and will publish Night of the Raven (Noc Kruka) soon.
Post Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:55 pm
baudhi
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

sorry, cd-projekt? =)
Post Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:47 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by baudhi
sorry, cd-projekt? =)

I believe CD-Projekt published Polish G2.
Post Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:19 am
Milton
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well.. i dont even think we should begin to talk about the english release date, as when we predicted the release date for G2 we were over half a year off. Maybe we were right but they were just late
Post Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:34 pm
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Anyone know if this expansion is going to be as big or bigger than gothic 2? I certainly hope its not gonna be smaller... Ive had bad experiances with expansion packs in the past, they always seem to be over in a flash...
Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:08 pm
Spunior
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Anyone know if this expansion is going to be as big or bigger than gothic 2? I certainly hope its not gonna be smaller..
Um hello? You do realize we're talking here about an EXPANSION? Have you ever seen an expansion that features more content than the original game? Night of the Raven is integrated in the game and adds about 20-30 hours of play time. The new region is a part of the island and is about as big as the prison colony. We're not talking about sequels here. It's a bit naive to think a developer would create the same amount of content or even more and sell it for half the price or something like that.
Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:37 pm
Hagen
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

20-30 hours? thats twice as long as it took me to finish the first game so i hope your right
Post Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:27 am