Shurik
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

JemyM

JemyM im waiting for MW walkthrough
Post Wed May 08, 2002 2:06 pm
Krogon

Big

I have to agree with Mephisto that Gothic was not open ended. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed gothic but even though you could walk around everything had to do with the linear story. In Morrowind I can already see that you NEVER have to do the main quest and you can play the game for a very long time. Each city and place is its own world. Morrowind really is a 'Virtual World' not a linear rpg. I have never played a game that is truly open ended and non linear. However, if you want to play the main quest then go for it;)
Post Wed May 08, 2002 2:50 pm

Mecca

I LOVED Gothic for the surprise it was. I like MW very much so far. Too early to really tell which one suits my tastes better.

About the world size - I noticed the world of MW is more "dense" - more stuff is packed into every area than in Gothic, especially NPCs/quests.

BUT, what I meant in the original post was only the "physical size" of the world. My farthest journey so far has been about half of the map and it seemed like the entire map in Gothic. I'm not fooled by the arrow sizes, rest assured

While we're at it, let me ask your opinion about the performance of both games. In Gothic while standing on top of Gomez's castle tower I could crank the visibility up to 300%, get an AMAZING view of the surroundings FAR, FAR away and still have about 15 FPS framerate.

In Morrowind on the other hand I stood on top of the lighthouse, sight distance set to max and the damned "mist" was preventing me to see even the end of the village! Not to mention 6-7 FPS too...

If MW looked substantially better from Gothic I would shut up, but to me it doesn't, how do you feel?

The only gripe so far I have with the game is NPC behavior. The stand in their place 24/7, rain or hot sun. They have very little "personality".

On the other hand, there are HEAPS of them. Can't even think to talk to them all!

I Love MW though, even if it's slow...
Post Wed May 08, 2002 3:18 pm

Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I have a screenshot from Kathode, of his DarkElf standing on a tower overlooking the whole village. You can see quite far.
Post Wed May 08, 2002 3:21 pm
Krystoff
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

JemyM-

Enchanting is easy to do and gives great rewards!

For example, I am playing a mage type char and I don't have much Fatigue. I would run for about 1 min and then have to walk for a min to let my Fatigue get back up there so I could run again. With a very cheap 8 gold Amulet of Stamina that I bought from the Mages Guild in Balmora I can run nearly constantly now. Very rarely do I have to let some of my Fatigue or my Amulet charge back up. (the charges reset on the Amulet)

So with that said, it should be very easy to get something like poison or paralyze enchanted on some expensive gloves. Even if you can't do it yourself, there are people in the mages guilds that can enchant unique items for you.

There are a couple of posts regarding just enchanting on the Official Boards that explain enchanting in a lot more detail.

Hope this helps!
Post Wed May 08, 2002 4:21 pm

Remember people...bigger is not always better!
Post Wed May 08, 2002 8:14 pm

Can someone tell how many hours a good player needs to finish the main quest only?
I have read above 200h but i think isn't true.
And imho MW isn't so huge...
One week and you already have a powerplayer char.
Don't like this.
Who will be the first to finsh the game ?
Post Wed May 08, 2002 8:54 pm

Why the hell would I want to sit down in a game when I am sitting in a chair playing the game!!!
How many of you go out and kill someone with a sword or a Fireball
spell when not playing a game?(none I hope)
How many of you sit in a chair when not playing the game?(everyone)

How many different races and classes are there to pick from in Gothic?(0,3)
Can you use the mouse for walking?(NO)
Can you add land masses out in the ocean?(NO)
Who said the graphics even compare??? Funny as hell.

In Gothic it is too easy to break plots that are critical to solve the game.

I do not consider Gothic even close to the non-linear-ness of MW.
What good is non-linear if there is nothing else to DO!!!

It's like the difference between being "free" on a deserted island
and being "free" in New York City. I wonder which one has more
places to see and things to do? Duh.

I was going to hold my "tongue", but I couldn't take it anymore.
It's f**king silly to compare meatloaf to steak.

Go ahead......
Post Wed May 08, 2002 9:12 pm

For the person saying morrowind isnt as good as gothic graphically, thats just cause morrowind is top of the line, brand new, and has the best looking engine out there. Gothin is old
Post Thu May 09, 2002 12:37 am

Maybe it's old, but looks exactly as good as MW to me. Only runs twice as fast.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 5:24 am

Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by JemyM
Small note. I will go away for a couple of days now, but if you have a tip about it I will surely get back to you when I am back.

Best Regards
JemyM

If you can't find any just use the local Enchanter NPC to enchant your favorite pair..
Post Thu May 09, 2002 5:34 am

quote:
Originally posted by JemyM
Rendelius
---------

*VERY EXCITED*

Enchante Gloves???
That sounds like the exact thing I have been searching for and hoped to god existed in the game... (Brass Knuckles, Spiked Gauntlets, like in BG)

You know, I have been playing 6 days stright now, reached Level 20, and 100 in several things, and all this with the devastating feel that I may have to start over becouse of HtH being too weak...

Where do you find thoose? I have been in Balmora and Peligiad, but I havnt seen them around there so far. I guess you are supposed to load them with a soulgem right?

Mephisto
--------

Morrowind just takes one step further on 'freedom', thats all. They are still meant to be open and free. It is a unmapped landscape they are exploring you know, and we are likely to see more 'freedom'based rpg's in the future...

Best Regards
JemyM

I suggest you to go talk with an Enchanter; you can design your own "power gloves" just to fit in your needs

Bit shock damage to the gloves and you have Jet Li esque lighting fists.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 6:57 am

"Maybe it's old, but looks exactly as good as MW to me. Only runs twice as fast."

It runs twice as fast as MW because it doesn't look as good.
You must be an umpire, you need glasses.

There is no way in hell that Gothic looks better than MW.
Good Lord. Open your eyes, Mr. Magoo!!!
Post Thu May 09, 2002 7:10 am

Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous

It runs twice as fast as MW because it doesn't look as good.
You must be an umpire, you need glasses.

hah, I literally laughed out loud about that umpire thing..
Post Thu May 09, 2002 7:55 am
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Shurik
------
Im a perfectionist... I cannot write a FAQ for Morrowind and not die while doing it =) Its to damn huge.

Krystoff
--------
So you can actually enchant normal clothing?
I had no idea about that... Sure! I have just returned from a short vacation and Im ready to go back to Morrowind now... I will try to enchant my gloves right away =)

-----
Why you want to sit down in a game?
The feel... If you cannot feel it, then you dont need to. Some of us do thou.
Still, you are only telling us that Morrowind is more, and thats more of the same. It is not like comparing Doom to The Sims... More like comparing Wolfenstein 3d with Soldier of Fortune.

-----
Shock damage it is! Defenitly =)
Fists of Lightning. My Kung Fu is great.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sun May 12, 2002 12:42 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next