Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Matt's Daily Dumb Questions: Medium Armor, combat classes.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

Matt's Daily Dumb Questions: Medium Armor, combat classes.

Because I know we all love segmented questions:

a) Is Orcish the best medium armor? What's the multiplier on it?

b) Also, any tips on creating a pure fighter? I tried just now, and ended up with a battlemage (d'oh) because there just aren't enough combat skills that are truly useful to round out a decent character (by my way of thinking). What race works best? Can I still take The Lady birthsign and not look like a pansy?

So that brings us to the fighter questions:

c) Is it advisable to have more than one armor type in major/minor skills? My reasoning was always that if you stick to one armor type, you'll master it a lot faster and thus be better armored anyway, but I may be wrong.

d) Ditto weapons skills... I usually try to limit myself to two, so I'm really good at them by the end, but I guess pure fighters need more. What should I go for?

e) I know this goes against the pure fighter concept, but are any of the magic/stealth skills useful to the seasoned warrior?

f) What are House Redoran's favoured skills?

g) Are the Monk or Pilgrim classes any fun? They always seemed to me to provide a very unique type of game, but I've never had the inclination to try them.

h) What factions, guilds, and Houses are best for the fighter archetype?

I'm done for today!

-Matt

Last edited by Fireteddy on Sun Jun 16, 2002 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:27 pm
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

A: no idea

B;I had a badass redguard fighter that used long sword and heavy armour he was unstopable
just get yourself a deadric long sword and it's on

C:I agree with you there

D:He was just a hacker and slash with with long sword and he had no troubles

E: At first i had no magic but later on being able to magically open locks and recall was usfull but snice i had a pile of cash i just got asomeone to trin em

F:I tihnk they like long sword heavy armour and gereral fighting stuff

G:Never tried

H:hmm don't know what you mean by arc type but the fighters guild is nice just as long as you have no morals and don't mind killing both villans and possibly innocent people

I: hmm there doesn't appear to be a I guess that i was on roll

J: i'm done!
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:44 pm
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I started with a combo of armour weights depending on what I found, and my character had medium armour as a minor skill, but in the end I decided to go mostly with the glass armour because I could carry more stuff, and my character, being a spellsword, was a pretty tough fighter anyway - didn't need the heavier armour.

Magic is very helpful to the fighter class - again, my character, being a spellsword, is both mage and fighter, and can therefore enchant items, open locks, and generally wreak havoc as needed either with sword (enchanted, of course) or spells. Thief skills are useful for stealing and un-trapping locks.

Plus, you will run out of "fighter" skills to level up with and will find yourself branching out to get those experience points, so you'll probably end up taking on some magic and thieving skills anyway.
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:09 am