Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Can you create your own hero for Gothic?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Can you create your own hero for Gothic?

Hey I'm just wondering if it is possible with some editor or something to us to make your own hero and play as it or is it not possible I was just wondering...
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
-Ride the Lightning by Metallica
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:06 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

In general, I suppose, you could create your own model. You need to be pretty good in modelling though, and in model animation. People have changed in the game the small things, like weapons, no one has tried to change the char like this, but I think it is possible. It's not easy, but doable.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:21 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Ok, but any clue on how I can do that like a editor or something I can download and how do you take a screenshot on Gothic also, thanks I'm hoping there is a way to make your own model.
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:33 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Killerofevils II,

Can you be more specific so that maybe we can help, do you just want
pc-hero to look different, then play the normal game?

There are several "tools" you can download to help you to manipulate the game files especially the graphics. There are lots of refferences to them on these forums, try using the search facility, you can find info' on almost anything,
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:52 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

What I mean Wulf is you know how you start a new game and your hero starts in that big gay blue rag costume is there anyway to change what he wears as default clothes, like some NPC's have underwear, some have ragged digger clothes, and your hero has a blu rag costume anyway to change what he wears at the moment when no armor is equipped. Maybe a editor to download, tampering with files, hack? Anything I can do to change that. Any help appreciated.
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:11 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

O.k Killerofevils II,

Locate and download the program "Goman" by Pyrox, this is a graphics manipulation tool for Gothic, by using this prog' and a Graphics program such as Photoshop or Paintshop-pro, you can then manipulate/change graphics to your hearts content, this shot took me 8 minutes to swap and paste.

You will notice the guy in the centre is pc-hero, also he is wearing no clothes, what you see is painted on clothing, the guy on his right is wearing digger trousers, these are "fatter" because they appear as if "over" his skin but they are hollow, there is no "body" underneath the trousers.

Once you understand this, there is no limit to what you can do.

Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:19 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

well wulf the alknowing ..
how do we change the model then ?
Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:27 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

he doesn't look like a convict now.
Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:38 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Uocjat,

Change the modell (only begining with HUM_) this is all done with the program. Open Goman, look in say, Gothic/data/textures.vdf/compiled click on any file on the left side and the graphic will show on the right, then export to where-ever, manipulate/alter then save, then copy, then back to goman, then go to the graphic of the desired to be changed, then click the floppy disk
icon on the menu, the new graphic will superimpose, then, left click on the file,
then select "durch bildbuffer" then it will have been put in the vdf volume, its all done for you, now start Gothic and wait till you start to laugh.
Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:06 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Ok wulf, well where can I get the program Goman, and a possible read me on how to use it?
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:03 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

O.k Killerofevils II,

Try downloads from http://www.worldofgothic.de/ - - there is a read-me but that is also in german.
The program was written for Gothic (i use it in G2 but it has limitations) but to get over this i use the vdfs.exe tool from this fellow, :- http://www.bendlins.de/nico/

Trial and error makes you learn better.
Post Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:06 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Which link?

You said the first link you posted has it but in German I need a English editor or does the second link have that?
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:39 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

To my knowledge, there are no english editors,

Everything, apart from 2 or 3 mods are in german, i struggled at first, its a matter of common sense, you will know an icon/menuitem/right-click/ file-import/export, all the normal actions of windows but written in german.

@Uocjat,
When i referred to "modells" i was just talking of skins/meshes (the outer appearance) but to be specific, Whailor is correct, the modell anims' and meshes is a subject that needs a bit of understanding, and i cannot think really why i would change any modells when the ones you need can be inserted, what say you?
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:27 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

wulf
i still think it could be fun messing around whit the models .. like turning snappers into barny the dinosaure or gomez in to homer simpson or something like that ..
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:24 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Yeah Uocjat, you've got the power,

Because with 3dsmax you can "mess-about" and it is a satisfying and enjoyable subject when something is tweeked/altered and works out good.

So if you go to this site there is stuff to browse/download and info re- - modelling/etc' :- http://wiki.devmode.de/

let me know if you find it useful ?
Post Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:52 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next