just bought gothic... too bad its in italian
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
marz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

just bought gothic... too bad its in italian

Hey all im a newbie to the gothic series, just bought the game a few days ago at a local market. Installed the game with no problems except that the language is in Italian. Now ive been searching all over the net for information on language patches but have not found anything. Ive searched this site and the only patches ive come across were to fix certain problems but they didn’t mention anything about languages. Am i doomed to play a game i don’t comprehend or can someone help me with this?
Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:58 am
marz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I’ve just discovered something, when playing the game all the text and option boxes are in Italian. But the speech is in English?? Is there anyway to put the text back into English? I’ve tried the option screen and as far as i can tell there is no option to change the language?

Is there anyway to change this? and has this happened to anyone before
Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:07 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Welcome to the forums!
You´re probably doomed because even if somebody mailed you an English subtitle file you would still have to live with the Italian game screens. Afaik there´s no multi-language version of the game. You have an Italian version which should have never made it to whereever you live. I suggest you return the game if it´s still possible.
Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:17 am
marz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Now i understand, no wonder i couldn’t find an English language patch. I guess i could try and track down the merchant who provided the game but that’s not likely. Anyway thank you for your help i guess i'll struggle on in another language
Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:04 am
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Maybe this will help: Buy a dictionary and quickly translate all the texts in the game as they come. Simple, isnt it?

No, just joking. You're doomed.
Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:37 pm
Rangehurts
High Emperor
High Emperor

Im Russian. Live in Canada. And i managed to complete Gothic II in German. After that i was soooooo tired and pissed so i got an english version. O, well. Playing German wasnt that hard. I used to know German pretty good. Now i forgot most of it.

Feel sorry for you marz. Gothic is a great game but playing on a language you dont know...yeah...kinda hard. And yeah, Welcome to the forums.
Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:31 pm