Btk
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Btk

By now most of you have probably heard of the infamous BTK serial killer.

Normally I wouldn't talk about this garbage on these forums but this is, I'm sure you'll agree, a little odd.

It just so happens that the BTK's son was in my Sub School class. It's a small world, huh?

Don't get me wrong, I still think he's a good guy and dont want to be judgemental but it makes me think about all of the times I was alone with him...

Anyway, I didn't really have much to say about it, I just thought I'd share this experience.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:47 am
Namirrha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

When I was reading about BTK's victims, I couldn't help but feel incredibly sorry for them. Some of the things he did (like hanging an 11-year-old girl) just made me sick--so sick I nearly threw up. Such unthinkable things happen in the world. I can understand your feelings of not wanting to be judgmental, but it is creepy nonetheless. Wondering if the son might carry some of the same tendencies as the father.
Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:33 am
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Before you jump to conclusions, you should determine for yourself whether you think he is really guilty. What is the actual evidence against him? Does it hold water? The world may not be as small as you think.
Post Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:22 pm
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I'm fairly certain he's guilty. A crossword puzzle sent to authorities by the BTK had 'drader' (his name is Dennis Rader) in it as well as the name of the street he lived on.

Again, I still don't hold anything against the Rader that I know. He's a gentle, friendly guy.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:53 pm
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Who sent the crossword puzzle?
Post Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:03 pm
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

The BTK did back when he was killing people.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:12 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

It's looking like they got a few bits of evidence, including some DNA. Here's an interesting site on the whole saga.

http://www.catchbtk.com/news.html

As far as the apple falling far from the tree so to speak, I would expect traits to be passed on from father to son. But murderous behavior, I dunno that seems like it would be quite unlikely unless it was a learned behavior that was taught and passed on like Sawney Beane or something

This was obviously something Pop kept secret ='.'=
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:54 pm
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

quote:
Korplem Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:12 pm
The BTK did back when he was killing people.
Well, in that case you are lucky to have escaped with your life.

Actually, it was probably a function of power more than a function of luck. You were to close to his family to become his victim without raising suspicion against him.
Post Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:25 pm