Here is what I am looking at...

Redguard/Male
The Lady

Major:
Sneak
Illusion
Security
Heavy Armor
Blunt Weapon (Will use a long sword too, but will leave it as a miss. skill starting at 20!)

Minor:
Block
Mysticism
Athletics
Acrobatics
Hand-To-Hand

I want to Thieve in town, so I plan on taking over a house and dumping my heavy armor into a crate, then go-a-thievin/hand-to-hand brawling. Then when Leaving town, I pick up my armor and bash some sculls with a mace/shield.

Should I include the magic as skills? Or just pay to get them trained later in the game. Should I use Armoror instead?
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 7:33 pm

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

It looks ok and, quite frankly, you can make any character very powerful once you get to the end of the game.
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 7:36 pm
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

Looks ok to me too. Security is a must-have. Usefull as hell. Tho Iīm a bit dissapointed with the h2h as many others, but itīs still fun to beat people unconscious. The magicks i found isnīt very usefull. Well, it is, but as soon as you start making money, you can enchant items to do pretty much anything, and enchanted items arenīt based on your magical skills, if you understand what i mean. You can enchant a ring to a 100% chameleon spell for ten secs, and its always succesful, no matter what your illusion skill and INT. But it will cost you a fortune....

CrossTopicBaner
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 9:45 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

I would trully suggest you remove athletics, acrobatics and h2h from your major/minor selections. Those skills are extremely easy to increase and will make you level like mad. It's much better to have them as misc, and increase them every level to get max bonus multipliers (acrobatics gives strenght, so you can ensure to get x5 str every time you level up if your acrobatics are misc skill). Athletics is a bit slower to level, especially once your acrobatics is high as jumping makes you move faster than running and takes less stamina. But it will still level fast, so you may wanna control it by having it as misc skill. H2H is insanely fast to level up. Chances are you'll go from 15 to 25 on the very first critter you fight (if you can survive its attacks that long).
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 6:21 pm
Mattias Kreku
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Well, I can only tell you what NOT to do, since I've only made one character so far (and I don't see another one coming in the near future) and he is screwed up. Do NOT have ahtletics in major/minor! You'll get like 6-7 levels just like that (*snaps his fingers*). Do NOT major/minor in any weapon you'll actually use! In my very first fight against a mudcrab I got a level from that skill alone. Try to avoid having block in there too.. Especially if you're playing the game like I do.. (I took a.. restroom break.. and a cliff racer found me. When I got back I killed the stupid thing with one blow but I never noticed that my block skill had gone up like 20% before I saved the game)

Armourer seems to be a good skill to have in major though. And my enchant is still not maxxed out and I am level 35 or so. And restoration is very handy. (healing, regaining stats that have been magically drained)
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:08 pm