Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Biggest Spoiler in Gothic 2 - Unlimited Experience!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by SilkenKidden
And where is this crypt? I found one crypt with immobile skeleton guards and locked chests that require keys. I got nothing but a few goodies down there.

That's the one. If you kill the Crypt Guardians, they each have a key for the repective chest. Each chest, once opened, will spawn a skeleton mage, which will summon several skeletons right away (or maybe the chest will summon them). Once you kill the last (third) mage, Inubis and three new skeleton mages will spawn. Inubis by the entrance into the tomb and the three mages where the original three spawned. If you're careful, you can take these mages on one at the time.
Post Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:46 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

You can start doing it whenever you're able to kill skeletons. If you have a lot of time on your hands, you can buy a ton of arrows and/or bolts and use your bow and/or crossbow to kill them from a distance, above a rock, or somewhere where they aren't able to reach you. Finding the right spot, learning how to use it to your advantage, and determining when you're ready to kill skeletons is only a matter of trial and error; save the game, and try it yourself.

The tomb you described is the correct tomb. You need to kill the skeleton guards and loot the keys from them. They will fight back after striking them, so be ready to defend yourself. The hard part comes after you take what's inside the chest. A small horde of undead will magically appear behind you, after you steal the treasures from the chest. The best strategy for a weak hero is to run back towards the entrance area, climb one level of stairs and stand close to the edge so they can't climb up and attack you. Kill the skeletons from that spot using your ranged weapons. After you've killed all the skeletons that followed you, run back towards the skeleton mage(s), and taunt them until they summon more skeletons for you to destroy. Repeat the process as many times as you wish. The skeleton mages may eventually run out of mana or become immobile.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:49 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

That's the one. You kill the guard, use the key, open the chest and out some the undead. A skeleton Mage and like six skeleton fighters. Good luck. Couldn't do in a skeleton til I had better armor. Chew you up without at least heavy militia.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:07 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

You can do it in chapter one, even without any armor on. You'll need to train in ranged weapon skills first. It doesn't require much, though. Save frequently, avoid getting hit, and you'll pull it off just fine.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Post Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:23 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by SirDeity
You can do it in chapter one, even without any armor on. You'll need to train in ranged weapon skills first. It doesn't require much, though. Save frequently, avoid getting hit, and you'll pull it off just fine.

Thank you all for the suggestions, especially about jumping up on that ledge. That's my kind of fight:)
Post Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:39 am
Robin_Hood
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

blah I NEVER cheat in any games or use tricks
Post Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:34 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I didn't use any exploits my first times through the game. I only used exploits when I wanted to kill every single creature available on the map, chapter by chapter. Moving on to the next chapter without killing every MoB in the current chapter seemed like such a waste of experience...

Post Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:08 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Of course if you kill everything in chapter 1, you won't have a lot of opportunity for exp later. Well, seekers and dragon Snappers. I've found a lot of stuff doesn't respawn in later chapters. Dragon are worth a lot mind you, but not THAT much.

Post Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:59 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Robin_Hood
blah I NEVER cheat in any games or use tricks

Well, good for you. Does that mean you have more fun than I do?
Post Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:00 am
Crashzone
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Cool.. But if I meet a skeleton mage I need to be fast or they cast an ice block on me... How to get out of this frozen thingie? Even when the ice is gone I can't move..
Post Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:40 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

I've noticed that you stuck unless you have a weapon in your hand and can attack (even if only air) But if spell in hand you scr---d.

Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:53 am
mariuss
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Best gaining extra xp and gp:
1. Merc can sell Shadowbeast horns to Buster for 200xp and 350 gold
for every horn you deliver. Not bad at all. There is also a quite obvious exploit here, in that you can deliver an unlimited amount of horns to Buster.
This would not normally be a problem, but the exploit lies in that you can
hand Buster a horn, get the experience and gold, knock him out and take the horn back to give him again for the same xp and gold, over and over again indefinite.
2. Paladins can do the same thing with Jan in the Castle with the Dragon Blood (+200xp and 200 gold per vial).
Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:52 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3