Promising upcoming MMORPG
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

Promising upcoming MMORPG

Anyone heard about The Path to Zenrai? Looks promising. It's going to be a skill based system, so that in itself to me is a major plus! Anyway, I suggest you check it out! A few interesting points from their FAQ:

Can I knock someone out instead of killing them? top
Yes

Can I drag bodies to hide them from sight? top
Yes

Can I tame animals? top
Yes, you can indeed tame animals. Some animals you can tame you will be able to ride, some can even fly!

Check it out at Path to Zenrai if you're interested. Didn't heard anyone mentioning this game before and just discovered it today. Looks interesting

Edit by Xanaki: I corrected the URL syntax
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:31 pm
The Omen
High Emperor
High Emperor

Sounds cool, when does it come out?
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:21 pm
Provis
High Emperor
High Emperor

Not sure what you did wrong, but making it clickable.
Zenrai

EDIT: Messed up the link

EDIT 2: Looks nice. I think this was touched on by the show Portal a few weeks ago. I can't be sure without checking the g4 site but the images look familar.

"Yea, so what I didn't like Planescape: Torment, what are you gonna do about it?" - Provis
Post Wed Aug 21, 2002 4:57 am
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

AAHHH, I can't know about any more upcoming MMORPGs, I am the touch of death. I got interested in Midgard and they got put on hold indefinitely, that was almost a year ago and now they are considering canceling the project. I started looking forward to Charr and then their CEO and project leader left/was fired, resulting in serious delays. There have also rumors that they will run out of money before finishing the project, and a couple days ago their page went down, who knows if it will come back? So while I am interested in taking a peek, I refuse to on the grounds that if I like it it will never be made. And I certainly wouldn't what to ruin it for the rest of you.
Post Wed Aug 21, 2002 7:24 am
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by Suicidal Cockroach
AAHHH, I can't know about any more upcoming MMORPGs, I am the touch of death. I got interested in Midgard and they got put on hold indefinitely, that was almost a year ago and now they are considering canceling the project. I started looking forward to Charr and then their CEO and project leader left/was fired, resulting in serious delays. There have also rumors that they will run out of money before finishing the project, and a couple days ago their page went down, who knows if it will come back? So while I am interested in taking a peek, I refuse to on the grounds that if I like it it will never be made. And I certainly wouldn't what to ruin it for the rest of you.

hehehe You could be their doom then! They claim that they don'T have a publisher yet, so nothing is for sure! They could end up never finding one and never going live! They also claim that they will release the game Q4 2002 or Q1 2003, with a BETA opening up in Q3 2002, but again this could all be pushed back. There's hardly any game screenshots yet. There are only images of the environments, but nothing of the game engine with characters and monsters or the like... It still sounds good though, the concept is very interesting.

EDIT: By the way Roach, Midgard is made by Funcom. Anything from the company should be approached with great caution since the AO fiasco. I myself am not planning to even look at the thing until it's about 6 months after release! And that's saying a lot I think.... I didn't even know they had put the project on hold

EDIT2:
I just noticed that there is a nice interview about the game on the RPGDot News page! Read it, it's got some nice info!
Post Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:12 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

quote:
Originally posted by Ekim
EDIT: By the way Roach, Midgard is made by Funcom. Anything from the company should be approached with great caution since the AO fiasco. I myself am not planning to even look at the thing until it's about 6 months after release! And that's saying a lot I think.... I didn't even know they had put the project on hold

It was put on hold last November. I just found out that they very recently had the meeting to determine whether to go ahead with Midgard or cancel it. However they won't tell us what they decided! Stupid meanies!
The fact that they won't say suggests to me that they decided to cancel it and go ahead with another project but are waiting to announce it because of all the people still posting on the Midgard forum. Perhaps they think that if they wait until they have some content on another game the loyal Midgard fans might not be as angry. Maybe they're already starting work on 'Miracle', the game a top Funcom developer said "would be the greatest game ever created, but it will never be made." But hey, who trusts them?!

EDIT: this was in the FAQ for Zenra...
"The suspected system requirements for Zenrai are a 1ghz processor, 256mb RAM, 3d accelerator 64mb or above and the platforms supported are Windows and Linux. These are only estimated specification and might raise or lower over the course of the game's development." I hope it comes down!
Post Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:19 am
Provis
High Emperor
High Emperor

About the Sys Req
Really, by the time the game comes out that will probably be low end.

"Yea, so what I didn't like Planescape: Torment, what are you gonna do about it?" - Provis
Post Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:19 am
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by Suicidal Cockroach
Maybe they're already starting work on 'Miracle', the game a top Funcom developer said "would be the greatest game ever created, but it will never be made." But hey, who trusts them?!

This from the company that pegs AO as "The greatest Sci-fi MMOG".
Yeah, and the only one too except for Jumpgate...

Seriously, about the sys req, I agree with Provis. I hardly think they will come down, rather they might actually make them higher by the time the game comes out.

@Xanaki
Sorry never thanked you for fixing my link on the first post of this thread ...slipped my mind
Post Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:49 pm