Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Mud?

does he have a real use or should I just kill him :rpangry:
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:18 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

If you do a forum search you will find many ways of doing just that, and getting your revenge on him as well. So enjoy and get rid of him.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:29 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

No don't kill him.Just punch him and he'll stop following you.Then again you he can follow you to the orcland.The orks will do the rest .
Post Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:50 pm
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

LOL Mud is one irritating chap isn't he
I played Gothic three times and I was fortunate enough to lose him in all three. The first time, I lead him off a bridge near the new camp. He just jump off the bridge and committed suicide

The second and third time, he kind of dissapeared. Perhaps got stuck somewhere or got eaten by snappers.
Anyhow..do a search on "mud" and you'll see hundreds of funny responses to this particular guy
Post Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:55 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

You fools,

Do you not realise that Mud is a poor lonely fellow who was abandoned by his parents, they didn't want him, they left him as a child to fend for himself.

And now some big hero guy in tough armour walks in and kills him with his sword, well good for you, i hope this random "kill as you feel" situation will not happen to anyone in the real. world.
Post Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:36 pm
Tomha
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

he got smacked by a troll and died, so I redid it and he got shot at by orc shamens my god he got whacked by that troll though its to funny
Post Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:27 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Really?

Everytime I played the game he ran at the first sight of danger, even scavengers and molerats are enough to make him run so fast his feet didn't tough the ground.
Post Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:37 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@EDV,

That is very true, Mud says something like "i aint got a weapon" - - it means his club insn't much use, then he runs away, very fast.
Post Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:15 am
Tomha
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

[quote="EDV"]Really?

Everytime I played the game he ran at the first sight of danger, even scavengers and molerats are enough to make him run so fast his feet didn't tough the ground. [/quote] I casted the beserk spell and he tried to take on the troll and got smacked . he ran from the shamen but the shamen didnt miss with that fireball spell a moment of silence for the brave mud
Post Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:38 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

At the moment we speak he feeds the rats in my game but how do you know this story wolf.Have you read it somewhere or it's just you imagination.
Post Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:45 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Patriot,

O.k what is it you need to know about mud? - - ask any question - - it will be answered.

There is a varying confusion about Mud, it's all related to how different players react to him.

Personally, i let Mud tag along all the way through the game, i built up his strength and levels and his stats until he became so strong that he could kill any monster or npc, as he followed me (pc-hero) everywhere he soon took over, i would stand back out of the way while i watched mud go berserk and kill everything, he was superb, he is in fact the only true hero of the game, this is because as pc-hero, you can watch and study all of his moves, how he attacks, how he parries, how he runs circles around each of his opponents.

When he kills all the swampsharks, all of the orcs, all skeletons, all of the sect fanatics, Cor Kalom, and finally kills the sleeper, then and only then will you realise the beauty of the true Gothic game.

Mud tells you in the game that his parents didn't want him.
Post Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:53 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

I think you said that before wulf, right????t
Post Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:37 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Yes X-dANGEr,

All been said before in other threads.
Post Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:38 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Well I didn't know Mud could do this things but he gets annoying when he stops you everytime and tell you where are we going .
Post Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:38 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Yes Patriot,

That is how the game writers have made it, it's a question of how much you can stand the contant "nagging" from Mud.
I went to the end of the game with Mud nagging all the way, it did not bother me (just for that one time) - - i wanted to see if it could be done, people on the forums said it could not, so i tried it, so now you know.
Post Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:47 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next