Gothic III Due Out in September '06 @ To The Game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Kalia
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Gothic III Due Out in September '06 @ To The Game

To the Game has published an official press release from Gothic 3's publisher, Jowood Productions. Hypothetically scheduled for an earlier 2006 release, the game is now slated for September 2006. <blockquote><em>Rottenmann, Austria, 8th of March 2006: Gothic fans, here's the answer to all your prayers: Publisher JoWooD Productions, co-publisher Deep Silver and developer Piranha Bytes will release the third part of the RPG legend in September 2006.</em></blockquote><blockquote><em>For a long time, the fans have had to be satisfied with the cryptic answer "...when it's done!" if they wanted to know the release date. Now we are sure "when it's done" - in September 2006 the third chapter of the Gothic saga will be released. "The polished quality will bring excitement to the hearts of all gamers worldwide!", assures Stefan Berger, Senior Brand Manager JoWooD Productions. </em></blockquote>Read the rest at <a href="http://www.tothegame.com/game_pressrelease.asp?id=78" target="_blank">To the Game</a>.
Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:07 pm
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I saw that on Bluesnews also, but they talked 'delay', perhaps based on an assumption of a summer release.

Anyway, this is great news ... I can't wait to return to that world (who am I kidding, I *won't* wait - I'll be playing G2 again before then!)

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:11 pm
Kalia
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Look at it this way:

Most of the people who are awaiting G3's release will also be buying Oblivion. This is a golden opportunity to play Oblivion from start to finish and have time to explore the world until their eyes pop out.
Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:35 pm
Uocjat
High Emperor
High Emperor

10 bucks says we wont see an english G III a day before 2007
lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. the rset can be a
total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.
tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:47 pm
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

This can't be a bad thing. G3 needs a healthy distance from Oblivion to even be noticed by the casual buyer. Its just the RPG nuts like us that are gaga over the Gothic series. Most people whine about the controls and will flock to Oblivion given the choice.

When Oblivion is old news G3 can market itself - hopefully before Bethesda starts an expansion marketing campaign

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:24 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeah, this sounds like a realistic date. And also like everyone is saying it should give us plenty of time to get all we can out of Oblivion.
Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:34 pm
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by ToddMcF2002
This can't be a bad thing. G3 needs a healthy distance from Oblivion to even be noticed by the casual buyer.

Assuming G3 will be an excellent game like its predessors, I hope that this time around the publisher aggressivley markets G3 so that when G4 and TES V come out, the gothic series will have enough brand recognition to go head to head with TES.

I'd like nothing better than to see both these franchizes become 1000 pound gorrillas.
Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:17 pm
Torracat
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Uocjat
10 bucks says we wont see an english G III a day before 2007

ya, the first thing I thought was " sept, 2006?? AWESOME!!! that means I get to play it in JAN 2007!!!! cool, at least now I know...."
Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:11 am
Dr. A

Woo hoo! I hope some short gameplay vid or new screenshots are released...

Personally, Im more hyped about Gothic 3 than Oblivion
Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:11 am

Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I'd like to see Gothic 3 released in the US just before Christmas, and I think it would be great if they could do a simultaneous release on PC as well as the XBox 360. One of the complaints of the original XBox was how few good CRPG's there were. It had too many sports and driving games, but not much else. I don't have a console and don't want one, but I'd like to see the people that work on the Gothic games be rewarded financially (enabling them to make more games!), and if they can get Gothic 3 out before the lucrative Christmas season, on both systems, I think they'd be more than happy with sales. Just my ten cents.
Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:42 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Hopefully we'll get some more screens and stuff soon.

Too bad it's not here before the end of the summer vacation.
Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:34 am
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. A
Woo hoo! I hope some short gameplay vid or new screenshots are released...

Personally, Im more hyped about Gothic 3 than Oblivion

Same here but I'm also very enthused about Oblivion.

You know I came strait off Gothic II to Morrowind and at first I just hated it. I was so used to the melee system in Gothic II that Morrowind seemed so unpolished and pointless for combat. Then I did a smart thing and went back and created a magic user to purge my Gothic II prejudice. That made all the difference. Morrowind really has alot to offer given some patience. Its very immersive and you can really get lost in the character development system since there are so many options and paths to success.

On the other hand, I really couldnt finish the game. There didnt seem to be anything to "finish". I saw 70% of the landscape and got very powerful as a conjurer but after a while I started to feel like I was playing a "toolkit" or a "system" as opposed to a game. The scalable respawning was my biggest beaf with Morrowind. I spent hours trying to find a Golden Saint to fight and once I killed a few they started spawning out of rocks and trees. That totally took me out of the game.

It was however, an amazing experience to get to that point. Gothic II however, I completed without hesistation. I loved every single minute. Even the parts where I wanted to bury my fist in the monitor when I died
Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:20 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I see this as very good news, those guys at Piranha Bytes have a crown jewel of RPGs let them take their time.

Hell, they deserve vacations maybe play some RPGs or see their famlies, not necessarly in that order.
Post Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:11 pm