View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Books & Movies

Author Thread
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Episode 3 Teaser Trailer

http://www.starwars.com/

Yay! Darth Vader is back! It's a vast improvement.
Post Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:16 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

My sentiments exactly. Finally, we're getting somewhere !
Post Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:58 am
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Hmmm, I still have great doubts that Lucas will do sth good. He's already shown that he is indeed incable of good work, as seen in ep.1 & ep.2.
But I'll have to wait some more time & see.
Post Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:41 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

It looks fantasic and I like the first two (minus a few choice moments from both) nearly as much as the original trilogy (which had no moments I winced at).

I am hoping to see Vader sooner rather than later in the movie... but I wouldn't be surprised if he's the last 15 minutes. At the least I want to see Vader be the one to kill Mace Windu... but I suspect Evil Annie or Tyranus will do the job.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:36 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen
It looks fantasic and I like the first two (minus a few choice moments from both) nearly as much as the original trilogy (which had no moments I winced at).

I like Episodes V, IV, II, VI, I in that order. The trailer for Episode 3 is smokin'! And, we are seeing great SW games. KOTOR1&2 rule! The xbox demo for Republic Commando is sweet(options menu of KOTOR2). I think Episode III will really bring in some of the old fans who hated Eps1&2. I really dig Episode 2, yet it seems like most people do not. We shall see more of Yoda light-sabre battles and a planet(Kashykk) full of wookies, Anakin getting totally messed up, and more of the beautiful princess Amidala. How can this movie go wrong?

Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:43 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Thinking of it, I liked about one quarter of Ep. II.
As for the next one and its contents... well... I don't care if there are light saber battles (or any Jedi at that), I don't care if they show Kashykk and the Wookies, I don't care about Annie and I don't care about Amidala. All I want to see are Clonetroopers and Stormies and the might of the Empire ^_^. Seeing Grievous will be interesting as well, I hope... even though - like Darth Maul before him - he will have no backstory at all, at least not in the movie. As for EX's wish.... if you decide to trust all those 'scripts' out in the net,
Spoiler:
Evil Annie will kill Windu
Post Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:11 am
Seldon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I wonder what it's going to be like... I mean if it's going to be similar to Ep. 1 , 2 or to Ep. 4,5,6 ...after all Ep.3 is exacly in the middle.
Post Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:49 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

In the end it will be like the others of this set:

Better writing, deeper characters, incredible special effects, less 'heart'.

Really... that seems to be what's missing in the prequels I guess. The scripts have all been stronger than the original triliogy ... from a technical standpoint. The (over)acting has been on par ... Liam and Ewan are about on par with Harrison and Sir Alex. As far as I can tell it's the same guy doing the Emperor and doing a god job at it. I preferred Carrie over Natalie but that might be writing over acting quality. James Earl Jones has never been rivalled as a villanous voice actor (We will never see another villain as memorable as Darth Vader ... ever.). The production and sets are excellent...

But it doesn't have the same 'nearly campy we're taking this seriously but still having fun' vibe of the original trilogy. The writing is more mechanical "Insert comedic R2 moment here", etc ... the comedy in the original trilogy seemed to flow more naturally. I think there was a stronger feeling of comraderie among the original actors, which leads to a sincere feeling that they're friends, then there is among the second. Everyone is doing their job and says they're having a blast... but they've never convinced me of it.

Maybe I'm completely off base ... but I like the new movies for the choreography, storylines, and special effects ... and I love the old ones for all that and that chemistry I perceive among the cast.

In the end, though, a 'bad' Star Wars blows the living hell out of all but the most incredible science fictions in any given year.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:57 pm
Guinevere
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I am just looking forward to it's release!
Post Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:23 am
erik
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yes, i'm really looking forward to this one, especially because darth vader is back and yoda plays a big part in it.

Member of the Sports Fans Club
Member of the Nonflamers' Guild
Post Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:41 am
Pepto
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

In 4 there are only two jedi left (the balance of the force that vader brings)

So that pretty much sums up 3....A whole load of Jedi are gonna die....The might of the empire will be seen, as I am quite sure that vader is not the only one going to kill jedi.

From watching Yoda fight in 2, I only wanna see one huge battle tween him and vader or the emperor.

The best versus the best, light and dark

"I can handle anything that life throws at me. I may not be able to handle it well, or correctly, or gracefully, or with finesse, or expediently - but I will handle it. Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well DANCE!!!!!"
Post Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:28 am
Seldon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Does anybody know which period of Star Wars history we're going to see ??
How many years have lapsed since the Clone Wars have finished ??
Post Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:57 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

They have not finished. They are just beginning.

As for the movie - I still doubt it will be any good. On the newly released trailer I saw last week, the visuals are stunning - the fiery - volcano planet where Annie falls into the lava to become later DV is just marvellous. Other CGI effects were also very, very good and stylish.

On the other hand however, we have a bad looking Ewan, another Yoda that looks just outta place in the trailer (and in the worst possible scene Yoda drawing out his .... weapon, if you get what I mean) and Haiden, who is an even worse actor than Orlando Bloom.
Post Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:59 am
erik
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, as for the story, there isn't much room for any surprises, because it has 2 prequals and 3 sequals, but the sites and the specila effects should be good.

Member of the Sports Fans Club
Member of the Nonflamers' Guild
Post Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:48 am
Darrius Cole
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

quote:
Originally by EverythingXen
(We will never see another villain as memorable as Darth Vader ... ever.).
Darth Vader is not the most feared or most memorable villian ever, but he is very good. I do agree with the spirit of this statement. It will be a long time before we see a villian of that calibur.

I want to see Anakin/Vader become strong to the point that he is feared. Thus he would earned the respect that has always been given to him as the strongest Jedi/Sith to live. To date Lucas has shown nothing to back up that claim.

As far as the quality of the movie goes, the story has pretty much already been told, so I don't look for much dramatic genius. The fans simply need to see certain events unfold in the movie to confirm what they already know and believe of Star Wars. If Lucas shows all of these things it is a success, if Lucas doesn't show these things it will do damage to the mythology...or perhaps not...that is a topic for another thread.
Post Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:38 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next