Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Finished Gothic 2 this Morning , Wich Gothic did you like?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Gaming-Module
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Don't be a merc. In retrospect I much rather would have been a paladin.
Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:42 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

why not, being a merc was fun...
hix do what you want...
Post Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:25 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

Xardas obeys Beliar from the beginning of the series allready he told u that allready in 1 part and i dont think he will be a enemy

Another thing ppl are complaining about the Boss (Bones Dragon) well why the last boss needs to be the most dangerous maybe he was just a leader who knew a good strategy where to put his army nothing more I liked the last boss and if u complain about that it was so easy then go and try to kill it with ur bare sword. No damn Scrolls or runes

I think Gothic 1 and Gothic 2 were both very good onez. first one had Better Story but not that much opportunitys to make something i mean u couldent make there potions and u couldent make magical swords etc.Gothic 2 had a little bit more effects and things and oppotunities but not that great story than in Gothic 1 but heej every sequel is like that and they both on the same position
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:28 am
SwitchBlade
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I enjoyed Gothic more. It was more atmospheric - deep in the Old Mine & meeting the mine crawlers first time. Man, that was scary. And Gothic had more big battles e.g. that Chromanin quest fighting those skeletons in the end. And the final battle running around fighting 20 Templars in hand-to-hand combat. The dragons in Gothic 2 were a disappointment & the final battle sucked.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:01 am
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

I enjoyed the first 2 chapters in Gothic 2 more than Gothic and the rest of Gothic 2 combined .

All in all, I still like Gothic 1 better.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:10 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

like i sayd the original first serie is allways better than the sequels but dont forget Gothic 2 is not some another game its the same game just the story continues
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:45 am
hix
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yes, but now HE IS BELIAR's CHOSEN ONE ;p...if he won't be a enemy , he will sure not be a friend ;p
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:00 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

hix, with all due respect, but this is not Spoiler section (I am refering to your before-last post).

Thanks
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:24 pm
hix
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ok , Sorry
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:43 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

I like both Gothics , first and second part, and now i want addon and Gothic 3 and, and.....
Post Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:55 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i am allready waiting for addon like hell cant live normally again the same feeling like i first ended Gothic 1 i am searching for gothic 1 mods everywhere to play those for time to time
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:02 pm
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Gaming-Module, I agree with your assessment almost 100%. Too bad more people here aren't as critical as you. However I disagree with your statement about Paladins. I played as Militia/Paladin, and I can pinpoint the EXACT moment in the game it ceased being challenging... the moment I become a Paladin. An excessively overpowered class; and basically I'm just referring to the runes. If I'm not mistaken the Paladin armor is quite good as well. Anyways I think for a more challenging (= fun) experience, Fire Mage is the way to go. Who knows maybe this time around I'll actually have to fight my way all the way through to the end rather than just jumping into groups of elite super-duper-orcs and do a twirly-combo and watch them all fall.

Also, I haven't played Gothic 1. But based on what you say, it sounds excellent... like a whole game based on the challenge-aspect of chapters one and two of G2. Then its definitely something I'll look into.

One thing I am glad about G2 is getting me back into RPGs after 3 years, Baldur's Gate was the last one I played.
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:22 am
Squeek
Village Leader
Village Leader

It was definitely Gothic 1

I would have to say Gothic 1 was the better game, even though they made some clear improvements the second time around. Somehow the original was just more fun.
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:28 am
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well put squeek
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:50 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

the originals allways better than the sequels
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:17 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next