The orcs have their culture...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

The orcs have their culture...

Have you ever gone to watch the orcs? I went to have a look of them. I saw their drinking wine, dancing, eating cheese, meat, bread, and much more. Their own culture yeah.. And Ur-shak the big shaman, wants to stop Krushak (the sleeper) . He say, if Krushak will aweaken he will stop him. And one more thing. A very big game bug, the old mine never callupse.... I was there, but everything was the same..
Post Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:15 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Yeah we have all seen the orcs doing those things.Gothic 3 however is going to introduce a whole different kind of orcs - more sophisticated and educated so to speak.

As far as i know it ain't possible to get inside the mine after the old camp is closed, unless via cheating ofcourse. The mine itself never literally "collapses". Only the road leading inside is blocked.
Post Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:11 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

i got inside without cheating
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:21 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

no cheats!

No no no no!!!! I never use cheats. I can go to the mine, and there is no cheat. From the new camp, you know there is that bridge with the chest and the campfire. On that way (i always used that) you can go into the mine... And before i forget, you can't open the old camp when it is closed... You can close it on the beginning of the story. BUT YOU WILL BE NEVER ABLE TO OPEN IT!
Post Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:11 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

of course you got in without cheating, ur shack make you an orc stuff, which proclaim you an orc friend , regardless after afew hours working on your strength and quitly disarming a templar for his custodian blade, you can pretty much hack through the guards on the first chapter without cheating
Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:36 am
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

What are you talking abaut???
Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:17 am
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

were talking about how to get into the old mine after it "colapsed".
Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:31 am
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

oh... So you say you can't go to the old mine. Have you tried to just go? Maybe my game is bugged( ), but i simply go there and enter to the mine. Two guards attacked me, and the templar (next to the traider) attacked the guard next to him, and the traider escaped when the were fighting. I killed every guard, and many digger, and only 2 templar survived the battle against the guards. Ewerithing was like the normal.....
Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:26 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

u can enter it normaly the only prob is that the gates r locked and u have to strafe into the area i think
Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:54 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Oh no! The enemies can strafe! We have no chance!
Post Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:19 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

yes they cant the horror
Post Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:39 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Re: The orcs have their culture...

quote:
Originally posted by Milan Kovacs
Have you ever gone to watch the orcs? I went to have a look of them. I saw their drinking wine, dancing, eating cheese, meat, bread, and much more. Their own culture yeah..

If you go stand above the orcs where they can't get you, and use rain of fire repeatedly, they tend to forget all the partying and culture stuff and become intent on getting to you and introducing themselves rather rudely. I view it as their culture is not really so important to them, and the eating and drinking was out of boredom. the dancing part is easily explained also....they don't have shoes and their feet hurt from the cold ground. That is why I so generously offer to warm up their surrounding with rain of fire. WTF, it is only a little mana to me to help out some cold creatures. Yes yes, I know i am too generous, but i think all people should help if they can. You know...give until it hurts kinda attitude, but that is just me.

I also question the orcs mental aptitude. I can stroll into their midst and they will immediately get a rather nasty attitude, BUT if i carry a stick with some teeth and such nonsense on it, they will calm dramatically. Can they not see it is still me? I don't think it is an eyesight issue either. They all seem to see me at the same distance, but it is baffling why they would change so dramatically over a simple stick I carry. As an experiment I displayed said stick with the expected response, calm interest. I then dropped said stick and all hell broke loose. I don't think they have a keen interest in the fancy stick either because none of them attempted to take it from me or even pick it up when I dropped it.......a puzzler it is.

I later toured their holiest temple with disturbing results. I know this will sound unbelievable but they worship a giant bug....I swear on my momma's grave it is true! This bug has such reknown that it's worshippers refuse to lay down and act like a normal dead person when they have died. Undead, what a strange term. There are even soldiers there that have worked themselves to the bone...LITERALLY! No skin, no internal organs, no muscles....just bone. Damndest thing I have ever seen. How can a guy without skin or muscles swing a sword you ask??? That is a puzzler too, but they can.....and do so with great effect.

Well, I think this deserves further scientific study, but it is beyond my qualifications...vast as they are. But my initial conclusion is that they don't really have a culture, or a grasp of reality as we know it to be.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:44 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

you're right.
And orcs as you know not a very intelligent race. I mean i was standing on the top of the wall, and cast a fire storm. The orc run away, then falldown from the cliff. he fall to the river (near xardas's sunken tower) and abaut 10 minutes later, when i teleport back to the swamp camp, the orc was near to the waterfall, near to the brotherhoods entrance.
Post Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:07 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I slaughtered them all. For fun and because they smelled so bad that Gomez started complaining and gave me the task.

But really, I could have walked around with the talisman but... I cut their scoundrel throats!
Post Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:24 pm
Crusadus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by cptmaxon
of course you got in without cheating, ur shack make you an orc stuff, which proclaim you an orc friend , regardless after afew hours working on your strength and quitly disarming a templar for his custodian blade, you can pretty much hack through the guards on the first chapter without cheating

lol. That was/is pretty much my main routine in gothic..

1) Get strenght, strenght, strenght and strenght.
2) Go to swamp and annoy a swampshark.
3) Run and start a conversation with a suitable lonely templar.
4) Watch as the mongering creature lurks from behind the templar. (quite persistent critters)
5) Let it do its thing (help if you must) (The shark of course!)
6) Loot the templars corpse and run away before the shark gets any strange ideas.
7) Enjoy your character that can kill almost anything.

And this happened by accident on my second playing round
Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:42 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next