Summon a Demon - Can I save Corinna?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Summon a Demon - Can I save Corinna?

Corinna summons the demon, the demon kills her, and then I kill it.

But I don't learn the summon demon skill.

How do I save Corinna? Is that one continuous clip from the time she says the demon is out of control until he kills her? I can't do anything during it that I can figure.

What am I doing wrong?
Post Mon May 26, 2003 3:10 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

You will have to go back to an earlier save.

This quest is difficult.

The branch that the merchant gives you is fake, you need to go to the actual talking tree in the forest and get a branch there, and then give the three things to her.
Post Tue May 27, 2003 1:28 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by the mighty stamar
You will have to go back to an earlier save.

This quest is difficult.

The branch that the merchant gives you is fake, you need to go to the actual talking tree in the forest and get a branch there, and then give the three things to her.

Well, that leaves me out of luck. The tree is mad at me. I interrupted a bit too often (did the alchemists thing) and then bumped into it a few more times.

Not only that, the point at which I've saved Corinna has already put the branch in the circle. She just wants the herb from her yard. Even if I can get a real branch, I wonder if the game will let me replace it. Guess I'll give it a try.

But I found that if I play restore, I can get to buy a nice spell book from her after I decline to go through with the ritual.

Dang, now I really want to see it. I'm going to try getting the branch.

Thanks.
Post Tue May 27, 2003 2:38 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

The tree is always angry with you. its branch is just right there in front of it.

A much more difficult quest is killing the talking tree. Id refer to a walkthrough for that its complicated and I dont remember it all. The poison you need is in verdistis and you have to cook it or something like that.
Post Tue May 27, 2003 3:48 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by the mighty stamar
The tree is always angry with you. its branch is just right there in front of it.

A much more difficult quest is killing the talking tree. Id refer to a walkthrough for that its complicated and I dont remember it all. The poison you need is in verdistis and you have to cook it or something like that.

I did pick up a book on killing the tree, but I forget where.

Anyway I restored and redid the summons spell and the alchemist. I lost a lot that isn't fun to do over. I had the whole lower part of the map of the forest cleaned out and now I have to do it all over. The fighting is boring. I'm a mage and swirling discs cuts down all the creatures in this area.

Oh well, that's what I get for being such a dummy. I had been to that tree before but didn't bother getting the branch because I had bought one! I may go for killing the tree out of revenge.

When I did the "transformed animals" the snake wanted out. My character offered the holy water. I decided to go in and see the snake. That's quite a snake. It was fun. So was meeting the original boar with his girlfriend - the one who set me on that quest in the first place. Cute:)
Post Tue May 27, 2003 4:08 am