View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
brskin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Edurnium Outpost

Well I made it this far but I think I may have a problem here
I have spoken with Zalnash and I have managed to locate the painting of the serpent with the arrow...shot an arrow where they meet and retreived the golden serpent from the chest in the hidden room.
I have cast reveal to locate the one true wall switch but when I pull the switch.........nothing happens............
I cannot go any further.............
Please help a fellow traveller once again......
Post Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:57 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

One of my complaints about Arx is that some of the puzzles can be a little vague; this area is one of them. First, here is a link to an excellent game guide:

http://arx.rpgdot.com/index.php

Look on the left for the walkthrough.

Spoiler Alert:

First make sure you actually hit the dragon in the right spot. An arrow works, but I used a fireball spell. I had to do it twice, even though the tone sounded indicating that I did it the first time. That gave me access to a chest in another room, if I remember correctly, and I think there was a statue that's necessary later.

Now if you are talking about the set of switches on the wall, you need to use Reveal and it will tell you what switch to pull. I also recall there is a dummy switch somewhere in this area that does nothing. Also, to save yourself backtracking later, make sure you search all bodies carfully in this area for important clues.
Post Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:27 pm
brskin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks..got through the switches but now another problem......
I finished the section..got through to the end and placed the serpent into the bowl to reveal the Zohark.......
I removed the Zohark , fought the snakes and passed on through.
Now it says to proceed to the crystal caves and defeat the 2 snake women, then put ON hte Zohark and the Krahoz.then proceed to the temple of akbaa

Problem is......I have the Krahoz.......but I cannot locate the Zohark.......
Have I missed something here or should I go search everything again.........
Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:42 am
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

You should have gotten the other ring when you turned in the shield to the girl with the 'bandits' or 'rebels' or whatever they're called. Hopefully you didn't accidently drop it somewhere. Maybe you forgot to pick it up; if so it should be there in the room with the rebel leader. Oh, and don't forget that you can get that shield back easily with a little searching.
Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:31 pm
brskin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

My mistake
The one I do have is from Aria from when I gave her the shied.....
The other one I thought I had got when I placed the real serpent into the bowl...........I was automatically transported straight back to the 2 snakes who I fought and killed........
Now I do not have the other ring

looked everywhere for it........

even went down into the crystal caves and fought and killed the other 2 snake women.......still nothing.......

any ideas
Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:11 am
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

It's hard for me to remember clearly, but I know for sure it was in the same room where you used the 'dragon statues'. I think it was in a bowl or something like that. You probably just have to work your way back there to find it. I'm a little vague on that particular object, so you may need to consult a walkthrough to find out where it is.
Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:50 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

There are two statues in there, so just go back and get the right onw now and put it in the bowel for the ring.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:05 pm