Usergroups
beat the game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
hatrossRig
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I beat the game earlier today. The DarkSavant was way too easy to kill...I hate it when the final boss ends up being easier than someone like "PeeWee". i think the new might and magic game is coming out this month. it looks pretty lame, but i might give the demo a try. probably sucks in comparison to wiz8. hopefully Morrowind will come out on the expected release date otherwize ill have to play wiz8 all over again.
actually today after i beat the game i tried to play to game over again with one human ninja. i managed to get him up to lev 7, but now it looks like im screwed cause there are 5 metal slimes attacking me now and they have 100hp each. i wont be able to kill one of them before i run out of stamina...whoever was doing the solo fairy ninja game around here, tell me how you managed to finish the monastery (you did get past the monastery, didnt you?)
Post Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:47 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

You must invest all points possible into abilities influencing stamina. Stamina is big problem with small (1 or 2 members) parties.
Post Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:53 am
hatrossRig
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

hmm i put points into senses and speed only. i was hoping i could survive long enough till i found some item that regenerates my stamina. infinty helm would be especially helpful
Post Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:59 am
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

It was me. I used a faerie ninja, because they come equipped with a 50% chance-to-put-to-sleep faerie stick. So the real tactic against many monsters was to fight whichever is awake. Sometimes I had to resort to faerie dust, which does the same as casting a group sleep on the enemy.
Post Wed Mar 20, 2002 9:16 am
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Well, I'm not out of the monastery YET, but I'm getting there. I currently get stuck on some rats that disease me.
Post Wed Mar 20, 2002 9:35 am
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I decided to run past the rats, so now I'm out of the monastery. It's hard out there, so I might go back in and gain more xp....
Post Thu Mar 21, 2002 4:13 pm
hatrossRig
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

hey i actaully started a male faerie ninja and managed to get out of the monastery alone. as i traveled arnika road i met some tough crimson poppies and rogues at 100 hp each so i went back into the monastery and met many metal slimes. they actually cant hurt you too much so i got some excellent training off of them . now my guy is lev 10 and uses dagger and staff. i just enetered arnika and am about to buy better weapons.
Post Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:02 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Good progress .
Post Sat Mar 23, 2002 7:18 am
hatrossRig
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

well now ive really progressed my faerie ninja "Destro" now has the Cane of Corpus. i used two nunchuks while fighting Don Barlone. i was level 15 and took a few tries but i finally was able to obtain the CoC off of him, along with the Astral Dominae. Destro also has level 5 spells now and all his magic skill up at least 75. he may be solo but hes actually really powerful and i can kill anything now basically. a solo party can be as dangerous as a full party (considering that you level up 6 times faster!). i wonder if ill be able to max all his stats to 100...
Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 7:02 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

(considering that you level up 6 times faster!). i wonder if ill be able to max all his stats to 100...

You do not level up 6 times faster. Yes, you gain 6 times so many exp. points. But because to reach next level you need everytime far more exp. points, you do not level up 6 times faster.
You can have 6 members of you party on level 5, but that really doesnt mean, you will have single party on level 30 in same moment, maybe level 12 - 15. And this difference will be lower and lower. So if I reached level 30 with 6 members party, you will be maybe level 40 - 50 (I am not sure), but you will not be level 180.
So your sentence should be: "you level up 2 times (or something like that) faster". Of course in very begining you level up nearly 6 times faster, but this number is lower and lower as you progress.

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2002-03-24 01:54 ]
Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 7:53 am
Vox Clamant
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

D ...

=Member of the Fab Four=

John, Paul, George, and Danicek? Hmmmm. Has kind of a ring to it! Must of been something I missed on the White album.

Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 12:22 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

It's in referance to the game Gothic. Check here for the story.

Post Sun Mar 24, 2002 2:47 pm
hatrossRig
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

whoops i didnt mean to say you level up 6 times faster. u only gain experience 6 times as much
Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:21 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-03-25 01:21, hatrossRig wrote:
whoops i didnt mean to say you level up 6 times faster. u only gain experience 6 times as much

Yes, exactly .
Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:02 am
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Congratulations on your successful solo, hatrossRig. Are you having any trouble with stamina at such a high level?
Post Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:23 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next