I Want Trebonius' Amulet!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Finn The Fairly Dark Mage
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I Want Trebonius' Amulet!

In a fit of pique the other day I slaughtered Trebonius (for being fat and useless), and found that he had a really cool constant effect amulet. I have since re-loaded the game to a point before I killed him. The thing is, I want this amulet but my Fairly Dark Mage is a hopeless thief, and to kill Trebonius would make me a Very Dark Mage. Anyone got any good (non-cheating) suggestions as to how I can get this amulet?
Post Thu Jul 04, 2002 2:21 pm
BearishSun
City Guard
City Guard

He is a mage? fortify your sneaking skills and steal it
Post Thu Jul 04, 2002 3:09 pm
Finn The Fairly Dark Mage
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Here's a thought - I'll go and tell Cassius Curio that Trebonius just winked at me and touched my butt, then all I have to do is go and pick up the amulet from Trebonius' battered corpse. Cunning, huh?
Post Thu Jul 04, 2002 3:31 pm
Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Create some item that casts drain fatigue 100 for 1 sec (or more, if you can make it). Use it 5 or 6 times on him, and then pow, hit em once with your fists. He'll go down. Then you steal it. Then run away like a cowardly kha'jit before he gets up. (making 3 stooges noises is optional)
The thing is, he might be wearing the amulet, which means there's no way to get it off him without killing him, which is a bad way to design that part of the game...
Post Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:30 pm
Madcow256
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

re: I Want Trebonius' Amulet!

You say that you have a mage character. Just do the Mage's Guild quests for Edwinna Elbert in Ald'ruhn, and you'll eventually end up dueling Trebonius to the death in Vivec's Arena. You're free to loot his body then, and then you're also the guildmaster of the Mage's Guild.
Post Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:55 pm
Chucksterkoppen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: re: I Want Trebonius' Amulet!

Yeah, you have to go through the mages guild quest if you want to get it the legitimate way. Theres another way to also get the amulent without dueling him which you can do once your the rank of wizard. However the requires that you have beaten the main quest and have also completed the quest trebonius gives you. So, its just easier to kill and probably just as rewarding. His amulent if probably on of the best artifacts in the game. The 25 spell absorbtion, 25% melee, and 1 point regen is really helpful and its CONSTANT.
Post Thu Jul 04, 2002 5:55 pm
Jamisan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

just get your speechcraft up enough and taunt him until he attacks you. if his feelings towards you drop to 0, just bribe him, then taunt some more until he attacks. this way, it's legal, and you get the amulet and all your money back. a lot easier than going through all the quests.
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:34 pm