Mage Guild - Top rank
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Solinari
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Mage Guild - Top rank

Does anybody know what the highest rank achievable for one who is a member of the Mage's Guild?? Also, Is it a worthwhile position to strive for vs. things like the households or Telvanni? ie..what's the benefit of being high up in the mage guild?
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 10:03 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

I think that the top rank is ArchMage. The only real reason to get to the top is to get Trebonus' Necromancy Amulet... but he gives you that if you a minor quest for him.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 10:50 pm
elonin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

archmage

Same thing happened to me. Killed trebonious cause he challenged me. Then mages called me master wizzard until i completed another mages guild quest. After that i am told that i need to talk to trebonious.

elonin
Post Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:33 am
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

The only advantages to being high-ranking in guilds in general is a) in some cases, it gives you access to training and services you couldn't otherwise get, and b) quests and experience.

The Houses build you a stronghold when you get high enough, which is a better "perk". So you might want to work on that first.

Being right at the top of a House or guild, though, gets you nothing but bragging rights.
Post Mon Dec 23, 2002 12:16 pm
elonin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

high ranking mage

Actually the funny part is that this charactor is primarily a fighter type (just going by the question what is the first attack you prefer to go with) and has essentially maxed out at the mages guild but has not much rank at the fighers guild. Are there extra quests that only archmages can do? And you'd think that being the archmage would give the ability to push around the lower ranking mages. to a limited extent.

elonin
Post Tue Dec 24, 2002 11:18 pm
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

The only guild that gives special quests to its top member is Morag Tong.

As for being able to give orders to guild members, it's an interesting idea but I've never been able to think of anything I'd really want to have them do.

However, it is a bit disappointing that getting to the "top" of a guild doesn't get you much. At least in Tribunal, NPCs will recognize your status in dialogue, and I have seen some mods that implement this idea for some guilds at least on Vvardenfell. It would be nice if TES4 gives even more "perks" for being top guy/gal.
Post Wed Dec 25, 2002 8:25 am