sleeper temple
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
joeybart
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

sleeper temple

Im in the temple of the sleeper in the orc land and Im a bit stuck. I have just defeated the third orc shaman varrag-unhilqt and have gone down into the tomb. Now I have gone to each of the 4 little gargoyle statues in the room and got posions from them. But when i stand along side the actual coffin and hit my action button, ctrl. and arrow up, nothing happens except the camera pans around. Im positive that I am missing something please help.
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:24 am
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

They are mummies not gargoels.When you hit Ctrl and the"up arrow" key as you look the coffin the gate unlocks so you can get out of the room.
Now a real crisis question:have you found any other gargoels/mummies during the game???If you havent then go and visit the Orc-Cemetary again.
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:45 am
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Joey,

you are in the coffin next to a bunch of spikes right? On the coffin, there is a green button. Push the button you should be able to get out. That part shouldn't be too difficult. The hard part is to figure out how to meet the 4th shaman. I couldn't figure out and finally gave up and look at the walk through. After looking at the walkthrough, I was like, wow, I can never figure this out in a billion years.
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:29 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

That stupid green button gave me h---. You have to stand on the left side as you face it. Then, when you turn towards it you should be able to activate it with ctrl up.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:12 am
bigboy_
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Ahhh someone please help me!
I`m stuck in the sleepers temple.I can`t find the 4th shaman anywhere.I shot a something on the wall in a room full a spikes than I ran out quickly so that the spikes wouldn`t kill me.And now what?There is a room in front of the Templar I just kill-ed and from the door on the right side I can shoot anothet "something" on the wall,but when I shot it,it just makes a moving noise and NOTHING happens.PLEAAAAAASE HEEEEELP MEEE!
Thanks !
Post Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:17 pm
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

There is another thing inside that room you need to shoot at. Go inside, and the switch should be on opposite site of the switch you first shoot at. You don't need to run out this time. After you do that, you should the see the animation of a door opens. Hope that helps.
Post Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:29 pm
bigboy_
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Joeman
There is another thing inside that room you need to shoot at. Go inside, and the switch should be on opposite site of the switch you first shoot at. You don't need to run out this time. After you do that, you should the see the animation of a door opens. Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot...but again I am stuck .
I made it to the 5th Shaman but he is invulnerable to my weapons.I found a journal that says that there is a sword that every priest fears blablabla...and that its in the front side of the temple,in a room where a priest is defending it.Where is this sword or is this the weapon that will kill the 5th shaman?If not than where is that weapon?
Thanks for you`r help!!!
Post Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:24 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there bigboy,

Leave the 5th shamen for now, do the quests in the lava cave, round the
pathway, kill the demons/set the switches etc' this should open the drawbridge
thing to the place where you find the "strange sword" there will be a clue what
to do next.
Post Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:33 pm
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

The strange sword is right inside the place you killed the 4th shaman. If you have done so, it's probably in your possession already. Just to add one thing to what Wulf said, I think you do need to wack the 5th shaman a few times until you hear the journal writing noise, then run away after that. I am not sure if that's required but you should do it just to be safe. Inspect the strange sword next then you will know what to do next in the game.
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:13 am
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

if you have the strange sword(uriziel) then its in the "items" inventory not in the "weapons" inventory.Also the strange sword can be found(if you didnt find it already) in a room witch is on a rock surrounded by magma(<---the semi liquid thing that purs out from an active volcano...)
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:43 pm
bigboy_
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
if you have the strange sword(uriziel) then its in the "items" inventory not in the "weapons" inventory.Also the strange sword can be found(if you didnt find it already) in a room witch is on a rock surrounded by magma(<---the semi liquid thing that purs out from an active volcano...)

I found that sword ages ago,but it`s not in my "weapons" inventory...hmmm I shoudl look in another because it should be there somewhere...I remember picking it up after I killd tha Shaman inside.There was a crypt(or something like that)and on it was this sword.
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:40 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

The strange sword shows up in miscellaneous until you talk to Xardas again.

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:40 pm
bigboy_
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

This cannot be!!!
I just stabbed those five heart looking things on front of the Sleeper,then it shows a movie....3 seconds pass and then the game crashes and quits!!

Is there a link from where I could download the movie?And after I see this movie will I still have to do something or the game ends here?
If there isn`t a link then please tell me what to do to see this movie because I REALLY want to know what happens in the end.
Thanks VERY much!
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:44 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

The movie is the end. Hero makes a couple more comments. Credits roll. Game quits. I don't know how to see that last clip separately.

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:46 pm
bigboy_
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by jmurdock
The movie is the end. Hero makes a couple more comments. Credits roll. Game quits. I don't know how to see that last clip separately.

Ohhh,I would really like to see that last movie.The end wasn`t so exciting tho....the Sleeper didn`t cause me ANY problem with his fireballs at all.Pretty poor ending for a game this exciting.One thing I want to know:what happened with Xardas?Before I wen`t into the Sleeper`s room he appeared and gave me some tips but then he fell and it seem as if hi had died(I don`t that he didn`t because I finishe twice Gothic 2 so... ).So what happened with him?
I found the movies in the "_work" folder but its a .bik file,and Windows Media Player 9 won`t play it nore Quicktime.Whit what can I view .bik files?Anyone have any ideas?
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:09 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next