Usergroups
Weed in G2. What you think about it?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Edda
Village Leader
Village Leader

I like it, it is a nice feature and a peaceful part of the Gothic games.
I doubt, that weed smoking in computergames might tempt people to smoke that stuff in real life. If computer games would have so much influence on the mind of persons, we Gothic gamers were bad and dangerous in reality, because we are killing many creatures in the games (and it is fun there). Many scientists are busy finding proofs for their theory, that violence in computergames makes people violent, and as far as I know, that proof is not found up to now.

IMHO a tempt and a danger are all those artificial drugs, which are making dependent, and which are even sold on schoolyards, and friends, who are taking drugs.
Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:58 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Well you could also check the games case wich says drugs use.Well it is realy funny in the game but in reality it's the worst ting for anyone
Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:02 pm
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

@ Edda: Well, I personally DO believe that violence in video games contributes to violence in reality. However, it seems to me that most of the people who commit an act of violence are inclined to mental instability to begin with. Anyway, I'm your walking evidence - after playing the first Gothic game I was inspired to craft a real two-handed broadsword. No joke! (I can assure you however that I am completely stable mentally, and have only used my sword to chop a coconut in half.)

As far as the weed in the game goes, I thought it was pretty funny.

Stay away from the wacky tabaccy!!
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:50 am
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

it was a really smart thing to do... you know, put drugs in the game... they give it a sence of reality
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:23 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Edda
I doubt, that weed smoking in computergames might tempt people to smoke that stuff in real life. If computer games would have so much influence on the mind of persons, we Gothic gamers were bad and dangerous in reality,

mwhuhaha
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:44 pm
Majnun
Village Leader
Village Leader

Yeah, smoking weed in real life would be the worst thing for anybody *cough*.

Thank god liquor is legal!

But being a smart@ss aside (and not wanting to go off on a rant against ignorant drug policies), I thought it was a nice touch in the game.

Slightly off-topic, but related...there's a shooter coming out soon called NARC. You play, you guessed it, a Narc (that's an undercover drug officer if you don't know). But you can choose to use (or not use) the drugs yourself. Speed speeds you up. Marijuana gives you bullet time I think (like in Max Payne). LSD heightens your hearing and night vision. Things like that. Of course they ALL have big negative effects as well...and bad after effects. I'm sure you can become addicted to some also (hopefully not all of them unless they're trying to be preachy and not realistic). Anyway, the game will probably suck but it'll be interesting to see.
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:43 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Majnun
Yeah, smoking weed in real life would be the worst thing for anybody *cough*.

Thank god liquor is legal!

But being a smart@ss aside (and not wanting to go off on a rant against ignorant drug policies), I thought it was a nice touch in the game.

Slightly off-topic, but related...there's a shooter coming out soon called NARC. You play, you guessed it, a Narc (that's an undercover drug officer if you don't know). But you can choose to use (or not use) the drugs yourself. Speed speeds you up. Marijuana gives you bullet time I think (like in Max Payne). LSD heightens your hearing and night vision. Things like that. Of course they ALL have big negative effects as well...and bad after effects. I'm sure you can become addicted to some also (hopefully not all of them unless they're trying to be preachy and not realistic). Anyway, the game will probably suck but it'll be interesting to see.

Ehe it sounds like somekind of another Postal series hybrid if anybody knows that kind of game
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:51 pm
DA UNDERTAKER
souls will cry
souls will cry

in gothic 1 i remember it gave you exp. points and mana for the 1st time you smoked weed actually tempting you to smoke them
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:13 pm
Izludious
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thats true. Lol. Funny you should notice that.
Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:13 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well actually think logically then it gives you experiance even in real life cos u experiance something new that u never experianced before :Pabout mana tho its more into fantasy
Post Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:59 pm
Dameleth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

weed in g2

i guss none of you has smoked swampweed alot one after another like 10 to 155 stalks as fast as you can and seen what happens the screen will tweak and then somethign eelse will happen so far one of 2 the screen will go realyl sideways you will look as i see dwarf sized or thigns will be really stretched vertically. you should try it it is fun but only way to fix it is to ether go to save before you did it or smoke even more and before that happens and as you walk before it settles the screen goes sideays and upwards alot before settling down as one of the 2.
Post Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:32 am
Tomha
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

cool man! I get hungry for snacks everytime I smoke it mannn.

Last edited by Tomha on Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:15 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Also the game contains some anime.

There's a brothel in the harbor.I don't like it much.Nothing to see.
Post Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:13 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2