A Tale in the Desert
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

UPDATES:

BlackAdder has completed his Obelisk. Congrats!
Roach is going to make more steel blades so we can train more people in Precision Woodcutting. I can make another Fine Steel Axe in two days. A Student of Architecture can only make one Fine Steel Axe every seven days, so Xerox and BlackAdder will want to check and see how long it will be before they can make more as well.
Also the Universities are being moved! I don't know if there is an updated map yet. For instance, there is now a University of Conflict at Moondragon's camp.
All those with Precision Woodcutting are now required to gather at least 500 wood every time they log in. Since we gather the most wood, we should pay back the guild by gathering wood.

All active members now have tents except our newest member. Dhruin, I'm showing that you have ownership of Kayla's tent. Next chance you get to hop online, please switch it to guild owned. We need a place to put all of the bricks that the brick machine spits out.

Also, Roach has started learning mechanics, so we'll just have him learn that skill. I also taught him Vinticulture as well.

Again, those who have built tents and do not have an Obelisk yet, you will need to travel to the limestone mine and build there because it is cheaper. BlackAdder's was 22 cubits tall. Use the calculator on www.atitd.net to find out how large yours need to be. I have the sapphires and linen for everyone's obelisks. You will need to gather the Bricks, Boards, Ash, Beeswax, and Cactus Sap for it. There is already some Cactus Sap gathered and I will work on making the Ash.

The Tin Mine requires 3 Bricks, 150 Boards 10 canvas, and 30 Jugs of Water to be repaired.

I think Xerox got all the mines we wanted to automate done. Good job Xerox!

As for glass:
Grow lots of leeks (2500 to be exact)
Figure out how to grow papyrus and dry it
Make ~240 Ash (This is what the leeks are for. We'll also need ~1900 Wood for the bonfires to make it.)
Make ~240 Potash (This is what the Ash is for. We should also make some extra Ash for Obelisks)
Find and gather Limestone (~ 500)
Make Lime (This is what the Limestone is for. We also need ~1000 Wood for the bonfires to make it.)
Make melted glass (What the Potash and Lime is for.)
Make glass rods for everyone's Nav training at SoT (60 to start)
Make sheet glass for greenhouse (Supplies for 60. This skill is similar to Stone Blades. You need to practice it to be successful. This way whoever makes the glass will get their skill up and we'll have enough Sheet Glass afterwards for 2 Greenhouses.)

When Roach is done with the Iron Pots he can put the Kettles together.
On a side note: If we want to make the Terrarium, then we'll need more Lime and Ash then I have listed currently.

Btw, Roach, be sure to put the brass plates into the expansion tent. I'll be working on copper tomarrow for the copper straps needed to learn Cooperage.
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:38 am
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

My own little update

>[Edit: If you read what was previously here you may disreguard it, it fixed itself]
>There will now be three kettles by the kitchen and craftfurnace.
>We need more pots, so if you're going to be in camp awhile please make some pots.
>Makeing the kettles and the tuition for Val to get cooperage took massive amounts of charcoal, so we have now burned (Literally) the majority of our large wood reserves. So everyone should get at least a little wood for the wood tent.

@Val [edit: all four plates are now done] And BTW disspite the fact that it tells you they take 30min to cool, they really that 40min.
I was right when I guessed that the game may have switched one of the schools I had learned navigation at with one that I hadn't. I went back to the schools I had learned navigation from and the SoB let me train there again. (these DX9 glitches are some very diverse and odd ones)

Last edited by Roach on Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:53 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

I'll fix the tent thing asap. I'll try to put some hours in this coming week but Kayla starts her new job tomorrow so I'm not sure about her new hours.
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:56 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

If you want to make another Kettle there should be enough iron in the expansion tent. You'll need to check the hives for beeswax though.

@Dhruin: Okay.
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:57 am
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

I'm going to go sleep soon, so I'm not going to get the steel blades done. However there I'm putting 15 steel into the charcoal box incase anyone wants to make steel blades.
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:35 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Alrighty! Sleep well Roach.

I'll put off making copper and make tomarrow "wood" day.
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:43 am
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

I'm going to stay up just long enough to finnish the third kettle since I just need the copper sheeting. With three kettles we should be about to make potash pretty well. But the bad news is when I finnish I estimate we will have somewhere in the vacinity of aboiut 150 wood, and no charcoal, left.

Edit: BTW @Val in-case you didn't see the edit above the building reinforsments did eventually come back on their own.
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:50 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Yikes! That's it, everyone needs to collect wood like mad!

Xerox, go to FoA's area and raid their trees!
I'll harvest at the copper mine.
Everyone else, collect wood from near our camp.

If everyone collects at least 1000 wood tomarrow, then our stores will be good to go once more.
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:59 am
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

One of our own is soon to get the cooperage skill; and though it took much our ample resources, leaving them erhaps no longer ample, this should be seen as a great achivement for the entire Sandy Beach Resort Guild.

I'm signing off now, we have our three pots and four sheets of bronze. Though the final count is we now hae 139 wood and 25 charcoal left.
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 9:10 am
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

I think i know how to make papyrus.
I got 29 papyrus seeds. We just need 2 member to go to the nile and trow a few in and the they will grow on both sides.
To dry them you need a very high place, the UoB works good. If we can still get to it.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 10:30 am
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

got 4 wood runs in, 2000 wood

@ Roach, you still own the kettles
Zinc and Silver mine broke, i need 9 canvas for them, i'm making that now

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:07 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

quote:
Originally posted by XeroX
To dry them you need a very high place, the UoB works good. If we can still get to it.

I have a WayPoint there, so if anyone needs to dry papyrus they can get me to do it.
quote:
Originally posted by XeroX
@ Roach, you still own the kettles
Oops.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:52 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

The newest members to our guild are:
Nhogri - I just promoted him to an Associate today after he made his tent.
Cyan - joined today, seems like a good sort
Iolo
Ninfoo
Darkedict

The last three came together. They seem like a good bunch. I kicked out the inactives to make room. All of our members are now active or semi-active besides Tiomet. I don't want to kick her unless neccessary.

We still need wood. I'm hoping our new guys can help with that. They just need some axes.
They all need to make university runs, besides Nhogri. Hopefully we'll get some more leek seeds when they hit the UoW.
Help the new guys get Nav training. We have plenty of iron ore, so just give them some. Help them get the thorns and make jugs if you are near the pottery wheel. We want to get these guys up and running as productive members of the guild as soon as possible.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:12 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

Is this a public beta? or do you have to have been already picked out of a select few to join?
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:20 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

It's public. Anyone may join.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:24 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next