Members
Usergroups
How long does it take???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Guest Dare

How long does it take???

I did the quest for my Telvanni stronghold to start construction like a month ago "game time." Yet I still have not gotten a message or journal entry about it. And the woman in the hermitage only says "goodbye" to me when I try to talk to her . Her disposition is 80 and I didn't do anything bad....

any ideas what could be wrong? Or how long its gonna take?
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 12:02 am

Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

It takes three days to go from nothing to stage one, three days from stage one to stage two, and about a week for stage two to stage three. So, if it says in your journal that construction of your tower has begun and it hasn't by now, it's probably a bug.

-Matt
Post Sun Jun 16, 2002 1:12 am
Guest Dare

My journal does say that construction has begun but I never got anything else....
I thought I was supposed to be notified when the first stage was complete??

Do you have to be a certain place in the main quest in order to build your stronghold? Because I have just been told by the guy in Balmora to go meet some people at the Urshilaku camp. I used the mage teleport service to go to Sadrith Mora a lot earlier than I probably should have...

But I did manage to do the quests they asked fairly easily so it would seem like it shouldn't be a problem.

Does the woman in the hermitage give the second stage of the quest or does someone else?? Because she won't speak to me anymore even though she loves me (disposition 80+)

Should I just try to find the site where its supposed to be built and see if there is anything there? Although I haven't gotten any dialogue from any NPC's to tell me where it was being built.... I know its Uvirith's tomb from other posts but I'm wondering if it would be worth the trip?
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 10:26 am

The stronghold is at de site of Uvirith's tomb/cave, there u will find the orc (foreman of your stronghold), the orc will ask you to report de process of your stronghold, talk to that woman at de hermitage, and she will tells you how to upgrade ypur stronghold to de second stage, gave her what she requires, and then wait (might take a few days) for the journal to be updated.

Note: de first stage of de stronghold is juz de growing process of de mushrooms, duration of growth: abt one week
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 10:52 am

Guest Dare

Yes, but shouldn't I get a message when its done growing???
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 10:55 am

yes...u have to wait for your journal to be updated automatically....
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:07 pm

Stormfeather

If I recall correctly...

Actually, while the journal should tell you when construction is done, I remember at one point (after contruction began and before it was done) going along to the site to see it, and having to talk to the foreman, then going back to the person who is in charge of construction and relaying a message to them, which someone else mentioned in the thread.

So if it's been a long time since construction began, you might want to run along to the construction site to see if you need to talk to someone. (I'm not sure if this is a necessity in ever House or not. I'm House Hlaalu, for the record.)
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:34 am

Guest Dare

Yeah, I went out there today and took a look around. It was in the middle of a dust storm but I found the foreman and even managed to see several of the mushrooms .
After I talked with the foreman I went back and talked to the chick in the hermitage who THEN told me it would be completed in a few days....
*smacks self on the forehead*
It's only been like three months game time since construction started!

So it appears the amount of time it takes to construct/grow is dependant on how long it takes you to cart your butt out there and talk to the foreman. Then it takes 3 days after you report back to be completed.

I now have to go to Nuchleft and retrieve some dwemer plans or something... And cough up 5000 drakes Greedy B!#@%

Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:28 am