Usergroups
Golden Mod
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Will this mod work with the original English version, or does it have to be the Russian version with the English patch?
Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:50 pm
Nefarius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Rordog, Do you use GothicStarter 2.6e?
quote:
when I marvin 'k' into the abondoned mine I get a loading screen and then blackness, which is the same as in the orignal game
Is the same error in russian version?
Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:00 pm
Zekspir
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

@Rordog > just perform a new clean install of G1. Download the newest gothic player kit version (see the news on gothic.rpgdot.com for a d/l link), install mod, apply the 750kb patch and it will work. i have a gothic 1 english, version 1.08h (did not apply the 1.08k patch yet, dunno if I am gonna).

@Nefarius > w00t ! About time (5 years ) someone tightened the loose end. Thank you for offering a reason to get back playing one of my All Time Favourite Games. Great job! Congratulations to you and the others who created this mod.
But . . .Nefarius . . . with great power comes great responsibility . Such as helping us melancholic fans (well, it`s been 5 years since this game appeared, mostly just die hard fans still play it) troubleshoot our problems . . . And erm, incidentally I do have some problems .
All fine and dandy - I found the winch, but it says "the winch is jammed". Dunno if this is the way you scripted, and the winch will be movable when a quest directs you, erm me, there or it is the "winch bug". I did "marvined" my asss in , to boldly go where no man . . . uh, to explore . . . Loved the designed, tried to say "Hi!" to Blade (no lines here, so I reckon he will say something when a quest will kick in), picked up a torch (and light it , of course) and casually try to zoooooooooom along those nasty minecrawlers (just to see the rest of the cave) ony to find myself stareing at the desktop . . .yep, a CTD . . .
I do understand this in primarily a russian mod and graciousely translated (subtitles) into english for us to enjoy, yet I wanted to know if russian players (who certainly enjoyed this beauty before us) encountered similar problems . . . If there is a fix, even better . . . I will experiment with different settings - graphical, sound - to see if I can escape this CTD since I fear the thought of playing through Gothic again and not getting to see the new juicy stuff.
Also, it wouldn`t hurt if you gave some advice on whether or not to use the 1.08k patch and what player -kit version is recomended etc.
Also, I would like to know more about the changes brought by the mod - "others", Kinda like . ..as a Guru, are you still limited to the 4th circle of magic, or you can go higher ? . . . Alchemy - who teaches ? What potions can one make ? I want the juicy details
If this mod works smooth, you Sir, are my herrrrr, erm . . . my . . . hmm . . . ok, imma gonna say it . . .my hero . . .

EDIT: think I solved my problem . . .. seems that EAX2+Gothic = EVIL. reverted to Miles and i got past those minecrawlers . . .straight down in a crevace near an old smelter . . .

God, it`s good to be back home in the colony . . .
Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:06 pm
Rordog
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

@Nefarius- yes the same thing happened in the russian version

So i uninstalled G1 and now when i try to reinstall it won't let me pick a directrory and just starts installing to C/Windows instead of into Program Files. I might still try it, but i really don't want the game in that directory.
Anyway, ty for the advice I'll keep at it and see if I can't get this game running again.
later, rordog
Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:10 pm
Nefarius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Zekspir,
quote:
I found the winch, but it says "the winch is jammed". Dunno if this is the way you scripted, and the winch will be movable when a quest directs you, erm me, there or it is the "winch bug". I did "marvined" my asss in , to boldly go where no man . . . uh, to explore . . . Loved the designed, tried to say "Hi!" to Blade (no lines here, so I reckon he will say something when a quest will kick in)
You can go to the mine in chapter 4.
quote:
yet I wanted to know if russian players (who certainly enjoyed this beauty before us) encountered similar problems
Only a problem with lp.
Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:21 pm
Zekspir
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

@Nefarius
quote:
Only a problem with lp.

What problem ? You mean the one when you have 0 LP and try to learn something ? The LP changes to astronomical values (+) . . .Happened once clicked too much by mistake, decided to revert to an earlier save not to screw something up too much.
Found the Judge Robe > i look horrible in yellow
So about alchemy - what potions ?
Still waiting for that juicy info
How about the 1.08k (unofficial patch) - to install or not to install ?
As a Guru > max magic circle ?
Thanks for the answers . . .but I do need more

SIDENOTE: for those who find G1 graphics outdated, there is a mod downloadable from rpgdot for G1 - fps remover I think it`s called - that well, removes the FPS limit (25 ?!?)iposed by the engine. I think it is safe to assume that pretty much anyone now owns at least a n ATI 9550 or better or FX5600 or better ( . . . i think). You can force form the drivers AA and AF, leave vertical sync on , and you will see a definite improvement in the way G1 looks and moves. With my FX5900XT (weak gfx board by today`s standards) I can get ~85fps w. 4xAA and 8xAF - G1 never looked better
So far I found safe to use goldenmod w. FPS remover. I will try to stack a few other mods and see if everything works okidoki. As long as you install skins/texture mods I`m pretty sure they will not interfere with Golden Mod
Post Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:49 am
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Nerfarius, i know the problem.
1 U said i should install the russian wersion first, and then the english. There are some problems with it now. If i install the russian version and then the english the language will saty russian, no matter what i start(i started the english, and it was russian... ) If i just simply install the english it won't work as well as it have to. (if i install only the english, there won't be that very very long way in the abandoned mine, the menu won't change, and some other things won't work as good...)
2 On the way to the abandoned mine, yes there is a winch, but i don't work. So u can only go to the mine with cheat, or transform into meatbug. (not a really big problem, cuz the monsters are strong for a lvl 1 character )
3 And i noticed in the abandoned mine there are 2 npc who are friendly(the mercenary near the entrance, and the daemon lord in the end) but we can't talk to them..
4 And in this mine there isn't any different music, only the outside world's music(not problem i like that music) but u should put there a battle music..., cuz there isn't any different music when u fight with those hellish creatures. These were the problems what i noticed, i think there aren't any more , but i have to say it was a good work anyway.
[/b]
Post Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:52 am
Nefarius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Zekspir,
quote:
So about alchemy - what potions?

Health, mana, speed and 2 special potions.
quote:
How about the 1.08k (unofficial patch) - to install or not to install ?

Is it unofficial? You can try to install it.
quote:
As a Guru > max magic circle ?

Circle 5.

Milan Kovacs,
quote:
1 U said i should install the russian wersion first, and then the english. There are some problems with it now. If i install the russian version and then the english the language will saty russian, no matter what i start(i started the english, and it was russian... ) If i just simply install the english it won't work as well as it have to. (if i install only the english, there won't be that very very long way in the abandoned mine, the menu won't change, and some other things won't work as good...)

Try to unistall and then re-install mod.
quote:
2 On the way to the abandoned mine, yes there is a winch, but i don't work. So u can only go to the mine with cheat, or transform into meatbug. (not a really big problem, cuz the monsters are strong for a lvl 1 character )
3 And i noticed in the abandoned mine there are 2 npc who are friendly(the mercenary near the entrance, and the daemon lord in the end) but we can't talk to them..

If you use an illegal way to go the mine you won`t get a quest. Just wait for chapter 4.
Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:16 am
Zekspir
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

@Nefarius> Thank you for the answers . . . yet here I come with more questions . . .and a bug report

Q1: I tried using the alchemy bench to make the potions - none succeded. I selected the desired potion type and waited for the animation . . . and waited . . . and waited . . . nothing. Am I missing some ingredients ? (besides lab flasks , I have those).
Only receipe I know is Cor Kalom`s and I am sure I do not have the ingredients for that . . . yet. But what are the necessary ingredients for the health, mana and speed potion ?
Q2: can one make swampweed stalks ? i.e. green Novice, Northern Dark (?!?) or Dreamcall ?

Bug - it seems that not only triyng to learn with 0 Lp screws the game, but also trying to join a guild before the minimum req. are met. I talked to Lares (I was level 4 at the time) about joining, the message "something-something level 5" appeared and he denied my, erm, "application". Thing is, I am level 9 now and I still get the damn message. You might wanna check this too, when you will have the time to iron the bugs from the mod.

Again, congratulations . . . excellent mod (or add-in ?!? ). I liked the new quests (too bad Thorus` ring could not be equipped - I paid him 1k to let me into the upper camp , just to get his darned quest finished before joining a guild). Can`t wait to advance further (where is the weed stash for Cipher ? )
Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:31 am
Nefarius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Q1: I tried using the alchemy bench to make the potions - none succeded. I selected the desired potion type and waited for the animation . . . and waited . . . and waited . . . nothing. Am I missing some ingredients ? (besides lab flasks , I have those).
Only receipe I know is Cor Kalom`s and I am sure I do not have the ingredients for that . . . yet. But what are the necessary ingredients for the health, mana and speed potion ?
Have you learned alchemy?
quote:
Q2: can one make swampweed stalks ? i.e. green Novice, Northern Dark (?!?) or Dreamcall ?

No.
Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:17 am
Zekspir
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

@Nefarius>
[quote="Nefarius"]
quote:
Have you learned alchemy?

Errr, no . . .

Who teaches alchemy ? Will the skill be listed in the status screen ?
Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:56 am
Nefarius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Zekspir,
quote:
Who teaches alchemy?

Riordan, Damarok and Kor Kalom.
quote:
Will the skill be listed in the status screen ?

No.
Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:25 pm
Zekspir
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

@Nefarius> Dude, I need some help here. HOW do you learn alchemy ? WHEN ? WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS ?
I ask this because Cor Calom is no longer available. I joined the Swamp Camp (guru wanabee). Backtracked after each quest and talked with Calom. Never did any line appear to learn alchemy (tried them all). I am now a templar, Chapter III, went to the Orc Graveyard, came back, Cor Calom is no longer in camp (gonna meet him in final chaper - Sleeper Temple). I did the herbs for Y`berion quest, Cor Angar asked if I knew alchemy - NO - go to Fortuno and so on. I am now getting ready to go towards the New Camp with the Almanach and Focus. What went wrong ? What was I supposed to do ? When and what I should have done in order to make Cor Calom teach me alchemy ? I still have a save right at the start of Ch. 3 (will do the Orc cemetary quest again and so on) if this helps. Riordian doesn`t teach me either. Is there a chance that Damarok (?!? water mage ?!?) will teach me ?
HELP
Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:30 pm
Nefarius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Zekspir,
quote:
Dude, I need some help here. HOW do you learn alchemy ? WHEN ? WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS ?

Riordan - KDW - 10 lp.
Damarok - KDF - 10 lp.
Kor Kalom - Chapter 2 - NOV, TPL - 10 lp.
Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:41 pm
Zekspir
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

@Nefarius > huh ?
quote:
Originally posted by Nefarius

Riordan - KDW - 10 lp.
Damarok - KDF - 10 lp.
Kor Kalom - Chapter 2 - NOV, TPL - 10 lp.

Could you give some specifics ? Except the cost I didn`t understand anything. KDW ?!? KDF ?!? - NOV ?!?!. I have a save right at the start of chapter 3 (also have one at the start of ch.2), immediately after the FMV when Y`Berion goes down. Cor Calom is standing near him. But he refuses to teach me alchemy. What I am supposed to do ? To say ? Do you at least vaguely remember the lines ? Or after which quest ? Will any of the other teachers help me if I am a templar and already in ch. 3 - I have now a quest to go to the New Camp with the Almanach and the focus. Will Damarok teach me ? As I told you, I am a templar, in Chapter 3. Will Riordian or Damarok help ? I put the game "on hold" I do not want to advance further only to load an older save.
I really want to learn alchemy. I am ready to even revert to a save right at Ch. 2 start and loose some 3 hours of play. But I do not want to do this, if I risk it happening all over again, i. e. do the quests and Cor Calom not teaching me alchemy.
Could you please give a somewhat step-by-step walthough ? Kinda ? Like . . after you finish the quest "Secretion of the Minecrawler" go to Cor Calom, Talk and say " . . . ." ? Cor Calom gave me a potion , I didn`t drik it yet but it says +10 mana so I guess this isn`t it .
Help
Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:02 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next