0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Author Thread
ekwhite
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

WoW Customer Service Poll

A lot of us love World of Warcraft, but based on the WoW forums, aren't pleased with the Customer Service provided by Blizzard. So I thought I would put up a poll to see what the majority of the opinions are.
Post Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:05 am
Zeke
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Everything is relative

Here's my simple reasons why I think Blizzard support is just fine:

Point:
Takes 3 days to get a GM response
Counterpoint:
The game is solid enough that i HARDLY ever need a gm, Usually I'm only using it to report naming violations of pansy alliance rogue gankers

Point:
Server downtime sucks
Counterpoint:
Use it as an excuse to go get some excersize/sleep/sleep from the 15 hour binge you/I are on. Remember there is life outside WoW.

Point:
Quest X is broke
Counterpoint:
There are only 1000 other quests to do. Pick 20

Point:
My class is broke/sucks
Counterpoint:
Maybe try enjoying the challenge of compensating for a difficulty here or there. Take pride in being able to overcome a challenge.

All in all, the game is so well developed/designed, you don't need alot of Blizzard support. Try playing a game like L2 where u needed GM support all the time and they barely spoke english or knew anything about the game.

-Zeke
Death Lord, servant to the King
The Death Knights
Magtheridon
Post Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:33 pm
ekwhite
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Good post Zeke. My reasoning for selecting "Somewhat Disappointed" is not as much game-related as server-related. I would like to see them be more proactive and realistic in posting server problems. Something along the lines of:

"We are currently experiencing server problems and are attempting to get them back on-line as soon as possible. We do not have an estimated time of return yet, but we will post a status report in 2 hours. We apologize for your inconvenience."

I'd rather have them post something like that, rather than "we will have them back shortly," when the problem is actually so severe that they will be down for the good part of a day.

As far as the GM response thing, they are obviously understaffed, and they are also obviously trying to correct the problem - with even recruiting posts on the WoW website. For the most part, the response time doesn't bother me. I would like the option of taking the "Open Ticket" notice off my screen without closing the ticket, however.

I would like to see some more auto responses to some bug reports and simple problems, similar to their "Auto Unstick" button. For example, I recently posted a notice that a quest seemed to be broken because a character was not respawning. I posted a bug report, but now I had a ticket that was open for 2 days before I deleted it. I would recommend an auto-report system, in which you could categorize a bug as major (causes the game to be unplayable) or minor (breaks a minor quest, for example). For minor bug reports, I would just as well have an auto-response that the bug has been posted to a punch list. Why tie up a GM's time for something like this?
Post Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:02 pm
Vesuvius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

After dealing with SOE for 2 1/2 years, WoW is a god sent game with great customer support.
"A game built by gamers for gamers"
Post Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:12 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Problem about WoW is that most players are 16 years old and have never played any other similar game. Trust me - WoW is great in almost every aspect compared to most games really. And regarding people saying "my class is broken".. no it's not, hehe. It's all about finding the strong/weak sides of a class, and using them to the fullest.

I agree on the server thing though. In Europe, the servers have had A LOT of downtime and lag(I've checked the US news etc, and they're nowhere close to us), mostly due to some crappy broadband delivery service or something in France where the Bliz EU HQ is located. I really hope this improves.

Otherwise it's pretty much all good, but I would like some better solo content.
Post Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:45 pm