Usergroups
G2 is really a hard game...:(
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

He's playing NoTR. It's supposed to be harder.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:40 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

yeah I just realised it when he said that xbows require strength.

anyway, here is how it goes:

1. Bows and Xbows don't have a critical strike.
2. The % skill tells you how good your marksman skills are (aiming)
3. The more dexterity you have, the more damage you will do
4. For bows, dexterity is used, where for the Xbows, strength is used.
5. Bows are generally better than Xbows, but you have to be a dexterity based player to use them. Luckily there are quite a few swords that use dexterity instead of strength, but the hidden meaning behind this is that you cant use the best of both.

So in theory...

Dexterity based player uses bows and epees, where his primary weapon is bow and his secondary is a dexterity sword.

Strength based players uses xbows and melee weapons. yeah, his primary tools are the melees, while ranged xbow could still be useful, but it's not as good as bow.

Whatever path you will decide to take, just remember: You can't combine both! Always train only one skill, (str or dex) this is not like other rpgs, because dexterity doesn't have any connection to your skills at all, so you can leave it at 10 without anything to worry about.
In other rpg games, all the stat points are imporant. some are more important than the others, depends on what class you are. BUT, every single stat point will inflict your character.

In gothic, it's different and more arcade-like. You train only one skill. Some people that are new to gothic simply put LPs everywhere, and they have 50 str and 40 dex at level 15 lol. you can't play like that.

My advice, specialy for notr: TRAIN ONLY ONE SKILL:

- Strength and 1 handed mastery ONLY
- Strength and 2 handed mastery ONLY
- Dexterity and bow ONLY

Among the other skills, that are useful are:

- Picklocking
- Skinning (only if you work for Bosper)
- Forging (only if you are a Dragon Hunter - you can forge magical ore swords)
- The lanuage of the Jharkendar
- And that's it.

About the language of the Jharkendar. This requires 30 LP to master it and I strongly advise to all the addon players that they learn it later in the game (levels 25-30), when stat points get extremely expensive (4-5 LP per 1 attribute point), only than will be those stone of great use to you!! DON'T WASTE THEM IN EARLIER LEVELS!!

And don't even think about learning pickpocketing or training your wisp. It's a LP waste.

And NO mana, even if you are a paladin. You will get enough mana from mushrooms, stone tablets, potions and even from some NPCs (for free) so don't worry. I have over 70 mana at level 24 now and I'm still a milita guy, who didn't spend a single LP on mana. For a paladin, you get enough mana from bonuses. If you are a dragon hunter, you can simply donate mana to beliar, as it isn't of much use to you (altough scrolls take only 5 mana each, they are very expensive to buy and you won't have many of them so don't worry 20 mana is enough for a dragon hunter and you will still have more than that).

Hope this helps a little. If you stick to these rules, you should end up with a nice character and beat the hell out of the dragons
Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:11 pm
Glotiv
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Now I know how to place my LP better.
Bows are quiet useful for me if it more accurate.

Thx for ur answer! NeoCodex
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:42 am
Glotiv
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by jmurdock
He's playing NoTR. It's supposed to be harder.

I think I chose the wrong game mod in G2 to begin.
However, I had taken so much time on it, I will finish it this time.
There are many funny things in game I found,
maybe it is harder, but it is worth.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:54 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Good luck to you. I only wish they would release english translation. Can't really afford the gold edition with shipping and all.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:01 am
Aqtai
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I for one I'm finding it very hard (yes I played Morrowind, both the original game and both the expansions and it was an absolute doddle compared to this!) A lot of the quests don't seem to getting activated and others are impossible to finish. The number of times my character has been killed is unbelievable. I've spent the last 2 days just wandering aimlessly around khorinis just looking for things to do that won't get the character killed. My first Andre quest involved my character getting killed 6 times by the warehouse guard. I only beat him by sheer luck (he somehow got stuck at the top of the ramp and I took him out with arrows)!

And now I've finished the field-raiders on lobarts farm quest and I didn't get any XP because I accidentally killed one of Lobart's bloody sheep who decided to wander in front of a field-raider I was fighting it!

This game is hard, very hard!
Post Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:25 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Ah, but think of the feeling of accomplishment you will have once you finally finish the game!

Of course, true Gothic players never "finish," they just find another angle to try in a replay.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:23 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2