View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

I cannot choose one for myself!
Post Sat Mar 30, 2002 11:07 pm

Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Fighting the zombies for the first time and nearly jumping out of my seat when I heard their death screams.

Post Sat Mar 30, 2002 11:13 pm
Airk
Commander*Warrior*Rogue
Commander*Warrior*Rogue

Going to the arena and beating down Kirgo, then defeating Karhim! Scatty was impressed!
Post Sat Mar 30, 2002 11:15 pm

My personal favourite was when I took on Quentin and his gang of merry hooligans. I restricted myself from using melee of any kind -- or magic. I used only my bow. I took up a number of strategic positions to pick them off (that camp area was perfect for them, all encased in rock, not the easiest place to get -perfect- positions from) ... and finally I dived in to take on the last few, still with my bow. It hurt ... a lot but it was fun. It was insanely fun. Especially since my first encounter with them involved me being confused as to why a human NPC was attacking me without me having beaten the crap out of it first. ;p

I just liked the sheer deluge of arrows, it really got my adrennaline pumping, the only thing that came close was restricting myself to a crappy sword down in the skeleton mines and taking them on with only that sword and magickal bolts, that was not easy. I find most of the fun in Gothic comes from self-restriction and I've been in some damn crazy battles because of it. :3
Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 12:10 am

Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, I was pretty pleased when I took out the 4 temple warriors in the orc camp with a mage wielding a sword.

My best fight ever was probably taking out a pack of wolfs in one of my first games.. I was sweating afterwards.
Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 12:23 am
darkmage
City Guard
City Guard

i would have to say when i entered the old camp with the rune and raised six army of darness and raided hell down on them, it was just like the movies.

Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 1:01 am
Sparhawk
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I would have to say mine was against the two snappers under the bridge near old camp archers shack, I was just jogging along when all of a sudden I was looking a snapper dead in the from about 4 feet away.

He looked me like "and just what do you think you are doing?!?!"

That snapper killed me in a blink of an eye.

I got more levels, and my expert sword trainning, situated my health potions, and went back, drew my new found bastard sword, and put an butt-kicking on both of them.

HEE-HEE
Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 1:06 am
Marshall Medan
Capitan of the Dark Knights of Nekara
Capitan of the Dark Knights of Nekara

my best fight i when you are going to the new after you where exiled and you have to fight of all the guard :-0
Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 1:12 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

For me, the most memorable fight was the entry into the New Mine thing, if only because it took me three whole nights to see the terrible truth .

Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 2:04 am
Divine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I defeated hordes of Black Goblins by the cave and my 5 yr old son watched. He laughed and said they were little cowardly... And I said, listen, boy: they were armed with only nail clubs and they all died but no one backed up. They bravely defended their cave to the last one. I personally have a great deal of respect to Black Goblins.
Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 3:46 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Even though they sure are stupid! Fighting against a one-man army able to finish them off without any problems what-so-ever!
Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 5:33 am
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

i'd have to say the time i possessed Nefaius and started blasting the New Camp to peices, then reverting back to Me, only to find that NPCs can track your idenity, just like the whol slave girls, templar, lester thing. man was there hell in that camp!! merceanrys beating the crap out of each other, mages freezing each other to death, and little ol' lvl 15 Me, hacking away at anyone who dared to follow my persona!! of course, the fun couldn't last forever. i got trapped in Lee after Saturas froze me there, and died, unable to jump out of his body.

Aye, 't'was a good fight, laddy!

"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 5:44 am
Stuart Booth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I finally got the hang of combat in the Orc Temple when I was fighting 6 or so Skeletons at once. Acrobatics suddenly seemed extremely useful! Running, jumping, strafing, dealing a blow and then nipping away before they could reassemble to attack me all at once. Nice. Up til then I'd generally dealt with bad guys one at a time.

I remember the first time I saw a wolf, early in the game, on its own down a path with high sides in the forest near the old camp North entrance/bridge. When its mate jumped on me from above I fell quickly to them. Excellent. Hadn't expected that.

Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 12:10 pm
-Rattlesnake-
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Personally, I think the fight against the Ore Barons was the best.

I was a bit low in levels, and it was harder than I had expected, but I took 'em out.

Every man returns to dust

-Phish, Farmhouse
Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 5:49 pm
Krycek
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

My best fights:with the skeletons,they where attacking me from all parts,I just wack with my sword whatever was in my way,even when I have just a little life left I still fight cause realize that I will not make it alive,my second great battle was with a shadowbeast,I had only the medium merc armor,the beast give some hard hits but finally I made it.

Post Sun Mar 31, 2002 10:54 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next