Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic 3 Facts and discussion thread (06/04/04)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Does this post need to become sticky?
yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
no
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Author Thread
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Rydjord
Yes alot could be done with the inventory system in G3 one thing that annoyed me in G2 where that i often had to go trough 3 pages of Orc axes before finaly comming to my potions/spells.
Why not simply write 47 Rusty swords insted of using 47 inventory slots on them!

Btw that system is allready in Gothic 2 Addon every weapon is stacked into one i mean Orcs Axe[for example 30] etc. So that is allready done but its in addon
Post Mon May 31, 2004 12:43 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

the let's hope they wont forget to keep it in Gothic 3
Post Mon May 31, 2004 12:45 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Hallo everybody.I just singed up. I want to ask some questions about gothic3.Does anybody know where i can find some cool informationn about gothic 3.I can trancelate many things.
Post Mon May 31, 2004 7:04 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

I have just singed up. Does anybody knows where can i find some cool information about gothic 3.Yes i can trancelate germans
Post Mon May 31, 2004 7:12 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

here , and look at some topics you'll find something
Post Mon May 31, 2004 7:13 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Thanks Titus.You see I'm new here May Innos iluminate your path
Post Mon May 31, 2004 7:53 pm
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

About the inventory issue:

I totally agree on stackable items. And I also really really really want 'categorized sections' to the inventory like in G1 again.

About using the mouse to play the game:

I can't believe people actually DON'T use the mouse! I personally haven't seen how it makes combat any easier or more difficult, and the extent of camera control you have with the mouse is unsurpassed. (Scrolling wheel mouse that is, but who doesn't have one of those nowadays?) I love being able to wander around the countryside zoomed way out and overhead of our hero. You can see a lot that way. Then with a flick of my index finger over the scroll-wheel and wallaa! you're zoomed in right over the shoulder for those hairy combat sequences!
Post Mon May 31, 2004 10:54 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by patriot
I have just singed up. Does anybody knows where can i find some cool information about gothic 3.Yes i can trancelate germans

Just check out my very first post. It contains all the info we have so far.
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:25 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Jabberwocky
About the inventory issue:

I totally agree on stackable items. And I also really really really want 'categorized sections' to the inventory like in G1 again.

About using the mouse to play the game:

I can't believe people actually DON'T use the mouse! I personally haven't seen how it makes combat any easier or more difficult, and the extent of camera control you have with the mouse is unsurpassed. (Scrolling wheel mouse that is, but who doesn't have one of those nowadays?) I love being able to wander around the countryside zoomed way out and overhead of our hero. You can see a lot that way. Then with a flick of my index finger over the scroll-wheel and wallaa! you're zoomed in right over the shoulder for those hairy combat sequences!

Totally agree about that also . The mouse is imo a importan device for that game . It would be almost impossible to control ur hero without it imo
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:32 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

sure its impossible without mouse, but never used it in an other way then lookingaround and zooming in and out and that's what a mouse should be used for in rpg game, not to fight with clicking.
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:34 am
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Although the term 'click the enemey to death' was used earlier by one of the Gothic creators, I don't think that us hard-core fans have to worry about it much. After all, they already tried to simplify combat in G2. Remember? Basically it was an option in the game menu that doesn't allow you to lose focus on your target. Of course most of us probably turned that option off, at least I did because I prefer to be capable of dealing with more than one enemy at a time. I would expect that in G3 there will be more simplifications, however I'm sure that if they stick with the original working formula for this series, those simplifications will be made optional once again.

We all talk about how much we want Gothic to be mega-popular, but remember that in many of the reviews it has received, a HUGE complaint was that it is a terribly difficult game. We have to come to grips with the fact that if Gothic 3 is destined to become a household name, then it will have to be designed to please those people who like to 'click things to death' just as well as it pleases those with a little more patience.
Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:51 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

Gothic difficult? only chapter 1 and 2 are the hard parts chapter 3 and 4 interesting and chapter 5 an 6 the slaying chapters
Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:21 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Yeah, but that's the problem. The reviewers only play the first chapter or even less and then run right into a bunch of wargs wearing nothing but farmer's clothing. That's enough for them to call the game hard.
Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:58 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

fighting a warg with diggers clothes? dammit you have to be complete out f your mind if you do that I would run from a wolf in those colthes
Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:36 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Yeah, but that's the problem, I think. I've read a lot of reviews in which the reviewers could only talk about how hard the game is. In my opinion they're just missing the point in such a free-space world. Yes, if you make the wrong turn you can find yourself being eaten by a shadowbeast in no time, but that's isn't making a game hard. If you needed to kill that shadowbeast in your farmer's clothing to progress in the game, yes then it would be a hard game.
Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:52 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next