Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Is better 'Heavy' armor really worth it?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
The Trooper

Is better 'Heavy' armor really worth it?

Alright, my main character is currently a lvl 44 Steel Sorcerer (Created Class) He's basically a real beefy warrior with some decent 50'sh Destruction/Restoration/Enchantement back up. I have a full suit of Dwarven armor and Ebony armor (partial suit of Deadric)sitting in my house (The Vivec Fighters Guild) but I insist on useing Steel.

Now, Ebony and Deadric give a real nice AR, but weight so damn much! I choose to wear a full suit of steel because I can still pick up a good ammount of loot, where as wearing the higher quality armor only allows me to carry so much (Even with 100STR!). Is the AR bonus really worth it? I find I can still take out pretty much anything wearing steel armor.

Thoughts?
Post Wed May 29, 2002 3:15 am

Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

If steel works for you, then by all means, use it; the extra carry weight will come in handy. But personally - since I upgraded to Ebony, my foes have been having a tough time even nicking my Battlemage (sounds pretty similar to yours). I can't handle Daedric, though - my character ha 96 strength, and he still can't carry a full set. Who was that stuff made for?

And if carry weight is a problem, a combination of Recall/Mark/Almsivi or Divine Intervention can get you in and out of piles of loot in a jiffy.

-Matt
Post Wed May 29, 2002 3:28 am
bpdlr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Try enchanting some of your armour with Fortify Strength. You'll need to find a gem stone with either an Ascended Sleeper or a Golden Saint, and it will cost you about 40-60K depending on the capacity of the item you use.

BaZ
Boycott Shampoo!
Demand REAL poo!
Post Wed May 29, 2002 1:49 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

I didn't want to carry any deadric on my toon, but you can get a nice "light" constant effect enchant which you can get to totally negate the weight of what you are wearing. I have also been picking up some phat special armor which weighs alot less and is way better. After doing pretty much all I could do with my assasin I just upgraded to all heavy armor and got up to like a 307 armor class. I don't think I can get any better than that. I still have lots of carry room...just hold on to your deadric stuff and keep looking for the good stuff.

=Member of the Worshippers of The Written Word, The Nonflamers' Guild, The RPGdot Warriors, The Philosophers' Circle=

"Don't go away mad...just go away!"
Post Wed May 29, 2002 2:16 pm
LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

I have a full daedric armor set & 2 rings + amulet + clothes all enchanted, and the following stats:
STR 183 (carry weight 915)
INT 189
SPD 112
And i could do even better, but my helm gives constant night-eye

So if you got the cash, go enchant & carry all the stuff you like.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 4:47 pm

Fortify Strength is a good Idea, but where can one get the spells? I have plenty of Golden Saint Souls, but so far, I don't have ANY spell that helps boost stats. I have traveled to ALL of the mages guilds (Useing their travel services) and purchased EVERY spell they have, yet none of them boost my stats.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 4:48 pm

LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

Go to temples, they sell spells too. You need only something that fortifys some attribute, after that you can select what to fortify in enchanting screen by selecting the "fortify attribute" spell.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 4:52 pm