Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Same here, Darkfall might rock!
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:28 pm
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I'm getting giddy about this game. I'm a hype junkie. I've read alot about this game starting probably over a year ago. It has only gotten progressivly better. At least by what I've been reading. We'll all see on that fatal day of release. This game holds so much promise.
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:15 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Yeah, Kiff, me too! I remember about a year when i first discovered Darkfall. I read the features list and i was like, Wow! I guess im getting caught up in the hype too, which i shouldnt do, but i cant help it, its just extremely exciting to have real meaning behind clan wars brought about by real land ownership with an economy coming from clan wars... I mean, its my dream game, much like Dragon Empires will be also. I just hope this game doesnt get released incomplete like SWG was. I gotta really respect developers who target the hardcore players among us instead of the casual cash machine. Its quite risky, but i think Darkfall might be the first great PvP-based mmorpg. Time will tell... So, im looking forward to this with constrained anticipation too !!! haha.
Post Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:57 pm
Kiff
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

What stage of beta is this game in?

Yeah this game started with like 4 guys from the Netherlands, and our now in Greece. I guess these four guys got really fed up when UO went carebear and decieded to make their own game the way it should be.
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:37 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

The following is from the Darkfall Warcry website FAQ:

-----------

1.4 What is the release date for Darkfall?
Soon(tm)

... Or rather whenever it's done. There have been many release dates for Darkfall floating around, but our guess is that you will see Darkfall hit store shelves in late 2004

Darkfall is currently in Pre-Alpha stage, with open beta scheduled to be held in late 2003.

Due to the nature of the gaming industry, these dates are subject to change, so check back often to see its status!

1.5 When will the beta testing begin?
The game is currently in internal pre-alpha testing, and the open beta test is not scheduled to begin until around Q4 2003.

But you can still have impact on the development of the game. Developers spend quite some time in both official forums and the IRC channel and do listen to what the masses have to say.
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:15 pm
Hyrrix
Fourty-two
Fourty-two

Beta testing was supposed to be starting in September... not sure if that ultimately happened yes or no.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:13 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Not yet, but a dev said in late September! I hope open beta is only three months away, that would rock.
Post Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:12 pm