Usergroups
Release date for US?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Well, that's... bad news pretty much anyway you look at it.

It makes you wonder though;
- How long we'll have to wait for G2 now
- If PB's looking for a new Publisher
- If any of the Dev's have a copy of the English Master CD and a Burner
- But most importantly, if $100.00 U.S. sent to that lucky Dev might
result in a white label, English Version copy of G2 showing up in my
mailbox!?!?

Hey, I can dream can't I?
Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:55 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Val
I just rephrased the common saying: "That's the way the cookie crumbles." It's sort of like: "That's life, deal with it."

In this case, the cookie is Gothic 2, and crumbled means I won't get to play for a long time. So my fun is spoiled because now I have to wait even longer than before.

Thanks.
Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:30 am
Cloaked Figure
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Val
I won't get to play for a long time. So my fun is spoiled because now I have to wait even longer than before.

Just buy or download the german verison.. Im gonna buy the German verison because i dont except warez.... hahahhahahhahahhahah...
Comedy at its best.... I kill myself sometimes....

Anyways this is very sad news.... If i hadnt fallen in love with this insanely fine chick today, then id be liteing cats on fire and launching them threw Jowoods Windows... Or how about we cut there faces!!!! Then they wont be worth nothing!!!!! Or we violate there inner organs with a bent twig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Freindly Neighborhood Lunatic

"Women You can't live with them, And they hate it when you Violate small furry animals with a Jagged Stick."
Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:31 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Downloading isn't an option. we don't support warez here, and piracy hurts the developers.

As for the rest, relax. No need to get hysterical.
Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:33 am
Cloaked Figure
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
Downloading isn't an option. we don't support warez here, and piracy hurts the developers.

As for the rest, relax. No need to get hysterical.

Dont worry i wouldnt download gothic 2.. I like there devs to much and i wanna chip in some cash to help them, Continue doing what there doing.. Perhaps even make a gothic 3!!!! I was just saying because its always an option for those who are Evil and like stealing games...

And for the rest, Im sorry there are a few things im passnate about, Women, gothic, women, Gothic 2 and did i say women???

"Women You can't live with them, And they hate it when you Violate small furry animals with a Jagged Stick."
Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:18 am
Kayla
High Emperor
High Emperor

Not all women are heinous swamp-beings or Linda Blair in the Exorcist, but I do agree with your signature, we don't like animals being tortured, and neither does the legal system, that's why there are animal cruelty laws in place (although the penalties are not severe enough).

Anyway, back on topic. I can't wait to give G2 a go. I'm very excited!!! Australia's always way behind on release dates anyway, so it's about time other people experienced the pain and anguish we have to with every long anticipated game (sorry, that's my mean streak coming out).

Robert A. Heinlein
Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:51 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

I wanna play Gothic 2 as bad as anyone here, but I think we need to cool it a bit on the "lets kill Jowood" sentiment. I am certainly upset that JW made some mistakes that may end up delaying Gothic 2, but I'll just take it in stride. Just one of those curveballs life throws at you every once in a while.

No need for mob hits, incinerated cat throwings ( although this made me laugh hard), or face slashing. I know you guys would never really do that, but I think a basic "Shame on you, Jowood" would be more appropriate.
Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:26 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by elkston
... I am certainly upset that JW made some mistakes that may end up delaying Gothic 2, but I'll just take it in stride...

... I think a basic "Shame on you, Jowood" would be more appropriate.

Hey, until Jowood gives us official announcements, we'll never know whether they're gonna delay the game. Instead of cursing at Jowood, let us hug together and hope for a FEBRUARY release.
Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:53 pm
Cloaked Figure
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Kayla
Not all women are heinous swamp-beings or Linda Blair in the Exorcist, but I do agree with your signature, we don't like animals being tortured, and neither does the legal system, that's why there are animal cruelty laws in place (although the penalties are not severe enough).
:

I agree with you. There are some fine women who can brighten your day in this world. (I LOVE CHICKS THERE JUST HARD TO LIVE WITH SOMETIMES.....uhhh Most times.) And i love animals. They all taste great with a coke and frys!! And I love you all!!!!! Yesterday might have been the best day of my life, and its carried over..!!!! And heres a big hug to kiwi guy. (Assuming hes not some big hairy 40 year old petafile, who wants to eat my cornbread) Anyways "Shame on you Jowood!!!! No Cookies for you!! And these where some damn good cookies too!!!!

O and im thinking about changing my sig! But i probably wont.. !!!

Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:27 pm
Brolli999999
City Guard
City Guard

quote:
Originally posted by elkston
I wanna play Gothic 2 as bad as anyone here, but I think we need to cool it a bit on the "lets kill Jowood" sentiment. I am certainly upset that JW made some mistakes that may end up delaying Gothic 2, but I'll just take it in stride. Just one of those curveballs life throws at you every once in a while.

No need for mob hits, incinerated cat throwings ( although this made me laugh hard), or face slashing. I know you guys would never really do that, but I think a basic "Shame on you, Jowood" would be more appropriate.

How about i throw you against a car and i'll laugh.
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:58 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Brolli999999

How about i throw you against a car and i'll laugh.

Are you serious? Do you really wanna go down the route of personal attacks?

If this has anything to do with me finding the cat comment funny, then you must know that I don't crave hurting cats or any other animals. Maybe you were sensitive to this (perhaps a cat owner). I am sorry if this is the case.
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:36 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

No flaming, mud wrestling, personal attacks please. As I already told you - relax, folks. Calm down. Take a deep breath. The game will be out when it's out, not a day sooner or later, no matter how excited you'll get about it.
Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:54 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

As I've said previously, somewhere, JoWood are not delaying this game to be perverse. They KNOW it will sell well, and that's good for their bottom line. Like many, I'm not impressed with their marketing and PR. They've made plenty of blunders and are probably paying for it now. I'd suspect the problem there lies in the PR people NOT being game players, but rather being business people, who do not understand the way this particular clientelle operates. Take as an example how they ignored using places like Gothicdot for so long. They've done such a great job in my country, that Gothic2 isn't listed for release anywhere!! Surprise, surprise, G1 wasn't available here either. Meanwhile, enjoy messing around with the demo, play Arx again, or even play a NWN mod or two. As my compatriate Kayla said, down here we're used to long waits!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:26 pm
Cloaked Figure
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by corwin
As my compatriate Kayla said, down here we're used to long waits!!

Well were in the United States. We americans dont like waiting on anything!!! We want everything now! This waiting nonsence only makes us more angery. In the united states where always in a hurry, slowing down (even when were driving) is just against everything we belive in.

So you should expect plunty of complaining in the Weeks to come until G2 is released. Its just the way we are.

Post Sat Jan 25, 2003 4:34 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

No, I think that's the way teenagers are.
Post Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:48 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next